Presidential Vote: Have You Changed?

You do realize that most of Trumps harshest critics on this forum are part of the GOP constituency right? Please tell us then how we are being betrayed when we don’t want the GOP to fall in line with Trump?

1 Like

I doubt he’ll drop out, but it does seem pretty obvious that he doesn’t really care if he wins or not. I read the other day he’s spent $0 on TV ads to Clintons like $58M or something. He’s relying on free air time, which worked for the primary, but doesn’t appear to be working anymore.

Moore is an idiot, but even idiots are right every now and then.

1 Like

Meanwhile Trump hires Michael Moore’s Conservative Mortal Kombat mirror-match to be “CEO” of his campaign

https://www.google.com/amp/www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/08/18/how_the_trump-bannon_alliance_took_shape_131542.amp.html?client=safari

1 Like

On Trump hiring Bannon, conservative talk show host Charlie Sykes:

“Trump’s campaign has now entered the hospice phase. He knows it’s dying and he wants to surround himself with his loved ones.”

3 Likes

That’s pretty funny.

Some of these are pretty funny:

You may be an ideologue, but I’m a realist. The reality is that the system is what it is and it isn’t changing. We will always be voting for the lesser pile of hot garbage. I didn’t vote for Trump in the primary. He isn’t who I wanted. But he is who we have. If you think that voting for someone outside of the 2 parties that we have in place is going to change the world, good for you. But it ain’t gonna happen.

Thank you for proving my point. You agree that it sucks and it’s horrible and you want to keep doing exactly the same thing that got us here. Brilliant. It hasn’t worked for the last 100 years, so lets just keep doing it. As for changing the world, doing the same stupid thing every election obviously isn’t going to.

1 Like

Tell that to the Whigs.

1 Like

Or the mounted cavalry, or the British Empire, or the people who laughed at the idea of the personal computer. Or the Native Americans.

An example from the 1850’s, when the nation’s population was a fraction of the size it is now, when only a small percentage of that small population could vote? You are going to have to do better than that.

Also worth noting that applying this mindset for many other voters leads to a large number of votes for Hillary.

Who is this “we” you’re referring to exactly?

Ignore the constituents because we know better. Tell me how great a job have those"educated political minds" done exactly?

50 of the top advisors (the architects of failed Iraq war) came out opposing Trump. If these are type of “educated political minds” opposing him, I can see why people love him.

Proportionally speaking. 13% of the population getting 47% of jobs

Again your late to the party. I’ve spent quite a bit of time arguing the nonsense that he’s some idiot that magically became the Republican party nominee.

who cares???

I’m sure plenty of people have disengaged from the Republican party over the years because of how terrible a job they’ve done. All they do is constantly cave to the Democrats.

Arguing, and failing miserably. Trump rose because the field was littered with opportunists who hung on for selfish reasons and didn’t allow support to build around viable candidates. If the candidacy-as-springboard-to-lucrative-gig-on-Fox-or-book-deal plan hadn’t taken root like it has over recent elections, Trump would have been retired early in the nomination process.

1 Like

You do apperently since you were the one who said we were betrayed?