President of the US Picks

By the way, this is what an elegant, powerful, and versatile breed looks like. I’m the German shorthaired pointer to your Pitbull.

P.S., yours is a good looking dog. I just don’t know how well he would flush/retrieve upland birds, retrieve waterfowl, or flush deer. Certainly is a more fearsome guard dog though. Feral hogs would probably not disconcert it.

Seeing that nearly 1/5 of Israelis are Muslim, the US would surely have to ban Israeli travelers, no?

Perhaps states would retaliate by banning Trump supporters. That would be just as simple, surely.

Well written and well thought-out article.

You could have just said, “I was wrong Israel doesn’t ban all Muslims, my bad.”

[quote]
How freely Israel allows muslims from western countries temporarily visit I don’t know, but I highly doubt they allow foreign nationals from Islamic countries to visit. [/quote]

This is called an opinion. Allow me to answer with one of your earlier posts.

[quote]
What I do know (I made a long post to Bismarck about this) is that in order to immigrate to Israel you have to be Jewish. That Israel goes as far as making potential immigrants take DNA tests to prove their Jewishness. [/quote]

So what? They are a sovereign state that can do whatever the hell they want. It has exactly zero bearing on U.S. policy. zero.

[quote]
Compare and contrasts that to immigrants from Muslim countries to the US who either eventually become citizens [/quote]

Perfectly fine as long as they don’t break the law.

[quote]
or greatly overstay their visas. [/quote]

Then they’re breaking the law, send them back.

[quote]
They are by and large permanent immigrants while muslims with Western passports visiting Israel are all temporary. [/quote]

This is not a good reason to ban all Muslims from entry into the U.S.

[quote]
What I’m trying to say is, while they may not have a 100% muslim ban, they don’t allow foreign nationals from Islamic countries to get visas and none of them can become citizens.[/quote]

They only allow Jews to become citizens. They aren’t specifically denying Muslims.

Distinctions, they matter so I’m told…

[quote]
They make it difficult for non-western muslims to come to their country. [/quote]

Making entry “difficult” and banning an entire demographic because of their religion are two entirely different things. That’s like comparing minor league softball to the NFL.

Ya, as the article said Israel is under a significantly greater threat and they still don’t ban Muslims from entry.

Push, this is pretty silly my man. I posted the #'s earlier. It was like 1.4% of the U.S. population is Muslim and Europes is like 6% and won’t reach 10% for 30+ years.

Already posted.

Completely agree. The hypocrisy on this issue is unbelievable.

Lol, no you didn’t.

Yup.

That includes everyone, not just Muslims. Shintos or Buddhists couldn’t become citizens of Israel either.

Key phrase: “my guess”

You’re starting to sound like The Donald having to walk back every statement he makes because he’s wrong.

We’ve never, to my knowldge, banned an entire reliogion. As has been said (link posted earlier and I’m sure you’re well read in) the folks fled Europe to escape religious persecution.

Punishing an entire group for the actions of a small segment is non-sense. As a gun owner I’m sure you agree.

We are not at war with Islam. We are at war with radical Islam.

This is completely absurd. I better go stab the Muslim 4 cubicles over since we’re at war with each other.

Not simple. This is a former Jihadist.

He joined out of the UK. We gonna cut the UK off? Of course not, that would be preposterously.

Agreed, it is a very good reality check imho.

1 Like

Statistics are a funny thing:

Sixty Percent of US Muslims Reject Freedom of Expression

First of all, they polled a whole 600 U.S. Muslims. There are about 2.75M. So they asked .02% of U.S. Muslims. That’s a whopping 1.65M people or .52% of the U.S. population.

It’s insignificant.

If I could go back in time I bet I’d hear these same types of argument vis-a-vie the cold war and communism. Unfortunately, I fear we will be the ones to spend ourselves into oblivion fighting the buggyman.

2 Likes

How many of these countries are you going to cut off? Everyone keeps talking about the Middle East. Look at all those Muslims in China. We’re going to cut them off, the second largest economy in the world? Very smart move. Is it okay to allow trade/travel with Lebanon since they have less Muslims than we do?

1 Like

Found our new sole travel/trading partner:

1 Like

[quote]
You could have just said, “I was wrong Israel doesn’t ban all Muslims, my bad.” [/quote]

With respect to immigration they do NOT allow muslims to immigrate to Israel. You’re just trying to “sound” right.

[quote]

This is called an opinion. Allow me to answer with one of your earlier posts. [/quote]

Well for one, many of the Gulf states will not allow a person to visit their country if they have Israeli passport or their passport was stamped from an Israeli visit.

Do you think they will freely allow people from these countries to easily visit?

But ultimately who cares? I posted earlier that Israel only allows jews to immigrate which is the real issue.

[quote]

So what? They are a sovereign state that can do whatever the hell they want. It has exactly zero bearing on U.S. policy. zero.[/quote]

It is an example of how it could work in the US. The whole point…

[quote]

They only allow Jews to become citizens. They aren’t specifically denying Muslims.

Distinctions, they matter so I’m told… [/quote]

Wait so if the US banned all Muslims from immigrating and only allowed temporary 3 month visas you’d be okay with that?

[quote]
They make it difficult for non-western muslims to come to their country. [/quote]

Making entry “difficult” and banning an entire demographic because of their religion are two entirely different things. That’s like comparing minor league softball to the NFL. [/quote]

I’d be perfectly happy with that. No muslim permanent immigration to the US, only 3 month temporary visas.

[quote]
That includes everyone, not just Muslims. Shintos or Buddhists couldn’t become citizens of Israel either. [/quote]

Agreed! So compared to a Muslim ban Israelis are huge bigots! You must agree right?

[quote]

Key phrase: “my guess” [/quote]

Hey your article doesn’t provide much or any information, just says they don’t ban muslims. Doesn’t mention how strict they are. Seeing how they greatly fear terrorist attacks and have policies in place (I posted them earlier) how freely do you think Muslims are allowed into the country?

There are plenty more I posted and they all have a unifying theme. If you need more evidence why not visit a muslim ghetto in Europe, then ask yourself: Do I want to live next door to these types of people?

The US did cease immigration in the 1920s due to communism

(…due to the PARANOIA over Communism…)

Did you see how much of a raging shit hole communism turned countries into?

That don’t allow anyone to immigrate to Israel that isn’t a Jew. They aren’t just banning Muslims because they’re Muslim. You are wrong, let it go.

This has literally nothing to do with what I quoted:

“How freely Israel allows muslims from western countries temporarily visit I don’t know, but I highly doubt they allow foreign nationals from Islamic countries to visit.”

Don’t know, I didn’t write it. You did.

They exclude ALL NON-JEWS not just Muslims. Not just other Middle Eastern nations. All non-Jews.

Ya, except we don’t have an established religion thank God.

No, for the 3rd or so time, because the U.S. isn’t Israel.

No. Just no.

They are a soverign nation established FOR the Jewish people. Get this, for the 100th time now, The United States of America is a completely different nation with an entirely different history and culture. You’re an immigrant how you don’t get this is beyond me. You’re advocating for policy that could easily exclude people like yourself.

Don’t know, don’t care. We aren’t Israel.

And they’re probably all the exact same situation.

You’re conflating issues here. I don’t want to live next to a ghetto at all. I’m 25 minutes outside Baltimore City where people are killed pretty much every day and I would never live there. It’s horrendous. That doesn’t mean I want to wall off the entire city and ban all Baltimorians from traveling outside the city limits.

I already addressed Euope’s fuck-up.

No, we didn’t.

1 Like

Key word in Mufasa’s post: “Paranoia”.

We cut certain countries off for strategic/defensive purposes (Like Cuba in 62), which is perfectly acceptable, but not what Trump or you are purposing.

1 Like

This is like saying, “I don’t let my baby eat steak; therefore, I don’t eat steak.” Well no, I don’t let him eat steak because he doesn’t eat solid food at all. I love steak a few days a week.

To put it differently, you’re trying to say it matters that Israel (baby) doesn’t allow Muslims to immigrate (steak), but in reality, they only let other Jews (breast milk) become citizens. Everyone else (fruits vegetables, chicken, etc…) are barred from citizenship too. Your point is hollow.

I’m obviously spending too much time with an infant, lol…

3 Likes

[quote=“anon50325502, post:1178, topic:215570, full:true”]

That don’t allow anyone to immigrate to Israel that isn’t a Jew. They aren’t just banning Muslims because they’re Muslim. You are wrong, let it go. [/quote]

So a ban can work though right?

[quote=“anon50325502, post:1178, topic:215570, full:true”]

Ya, except we don’t have an established religion thank God. [/quote]

No but the population is largely Christian. Should not upend the local population’s interests by people whose religious texts specifically command them to subjugate NON Muslims.

Do you believe certain cultures cannot coexist peacefully? Or all cultures magically compatible with one another?

[quote]

You’re conflating issues here. I don’t want to live next to a ghetto at all. I’m 25 minutes outside Baltimore City where people are killed pretty much every day and I would never live there. It’s horrendous. That doesn’t mean I want to wall off the entire city and ban all Baltimorians from traveling outside the city limits. [/quote]

Okay but do you at least acknowledge large swaths of muslim immigration leads to more ghettos? There are bad areas forming in Minnesota due to the rise of somali muslims.

Also instead of cherry picking one poll, how about you look through the lioinshare of data on the issue?

[quote]
I already addressed Euope’s fuck-up. [/quote]

Then learn from it.

Yes they did

You know what I find most ironic/funny about the current topic in this thread? The Little Sister of the Poor just won a victory against an oppressive administration regarding religious liberty that I’m willing to bet 99% of Trump supporters are both happy about and will defend if the opportunity arises. Yet, these same folks are pushing for a future oppresive administration to institute a travel ban (in some case temporary and in other cases permanent) on people based soley on their religion.

Unreal.

1 Like

A ban on citizenship is possible, sure. It’s just a state issued piece of paper. A travel ban is not especially in a country as geographically large and porous as the United States.

That is not the same as a travel ban.

So? Have you read the Constitution?

Not entirely sure what the question is here? We have laws that should be enforced to preventive, if possible, and punish anyone that upends the legal interests of the local population.

No. I believe people, regardless of their culture, can coexist with any other culture. I also believe evil has and will always exist in one form or another and as flawed beings we like to point fingers and scapegoat said evil whenever possible.

The truth of the matter is that evil, one of it’s current forms is radical jihadism, cannot be destroyed. Evil has and will always exist. It takes principled individuals to stand against it to keep it in check. This has been true since the beginning of time whether you’re a Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, or whatever.

Large swaths of Irish immigrants led to ghettos in the early 1900s, so what?

Minnesota is a beautiful place. They should sue the Obama admistration for their failures regarding ICE.

I will if you read the Constitution, deal?

Alrready addressed this. [quote=“therajraj, post:1182, topic:215570”]
Yes they did
[/quote]

No, we didn’t. The closest thing you have to a ban is the Immigration Act of 1917 and it had nothing to do with communism, which is what you claimed. The Immigration Acts of 21 and 24 do not create total bans either. They create quotas.