Powerful Image 8-3-05

Maybe women that feel confidently sexy don’t mind being photographed as a sex object?

Maybe they don’t think about it either way and simply accept the paycheck?

It seems like we alternately do and don’t have bugaboo’s about sexuality in north america. I mean, so what? Sex is a huge part of how and why we live our lives. Why deny it?

In any case, this woman was incredible before she turned to the dark side. I can only imagine it was some desired to compete or be bigger that drove her to where she is now.

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
I’m trying to think about this… I think being a sexual creature is a very good thing, and I can understand that my perspective colors what I see as an “object”, but I also feel there are many pics that cannot be construed in any way other than “woman as object”. Do you think another person (and perhaps the model herself) thinks they are a celebration of her sexual power? Are these purely T&A shots showcasing the glory of her uniqueness, when there are a million similar shots out there?

Anyway, I’ve bitched enough about the topic in the past that I thought I’d better say something good about this PI. I don’t want to rehash the old arguement, but as I’ve said before, I would enjoy occasionally seeing some PIs of women athletes in action.

BTW, I believe Brian Moss is T-Nation’s official photographer, which is probably why he’s had so many pics featured lately. If you missed the recent article/interview with him, check it out - very interesting.
[/quote]

I suppose each person has to answer for themselves the question of what constitutes a pic as having the sole quality of “girl as object” thing.

Personally, if I see pics where chicks (seen it with men too, but more frequently with females) “appear” to be frightened, hurt, in pain, etc then [i]I[/i] find it …not objectifying them per se… but certainly mysogynistic…and that I do not care for. That’s my perception of it. I would not, however, declare it such and expect others to agree with me as I’ve known a handful of females that pose for these pics/movies and despite all appearances really truly enjoy it. And not just for pay either, but in their personal life too. Now, the debate as to how healthy their mental outlook is can be levied but I’m not going to try to arm-chair psychoanalyze them. Sometimes you just have to take people at their word.

And having been one of those chicks who gets paid for the “fun and fluff” pics… [i]I[/i] know [b]I[/b] certainly find it to enhance/embrace/laud my feminine power. Aside from it being an incredible sexual turn-on, it’s great ego strokes that someone digs my look enough to spend time photographing it and paying for it. That feeling is the same whether it’s a photo shoot for a bridal mag or a skin mag. Though I really must say the latter are more ‘fun’. And for every female out there, there’s a million different moods she feels and a million different looks she has and a million different ways to express her uniqueness via photography AND a million differnt guys/girls interested in seeing it.

I, also, dig Brian’s work and interview. I don’t always find it appealing in a traditional sense, but I do find it provoking. I like that. And I also would love to see more “action” or “sporty” type shots included (like the ones in your thread) along with the “intimate” and “behind the scenes candids” that we usually get.

[quote]~karma~ wrote:
I suppose each person has to answer for themselves the question of what constitutes a pic as having the sole quality of “girl as object” thing.

Personally, if I see pics where chicks (seen it with men too, but more frequently with females) “appear” to be frightened, hurt, in pain, etc then [i]I[/i] find it …not objectifying them per se… but certainly mysogynistic…and that I do not care for. That’s my perception of it. I would not, however, declare it such and expect others to agree with me as I’ve known a handful of females that pose for these pics/movies and despite all appearances really truly enjoy it. And not just for pay either, but in their personal life too. Now, the debate as to how healthy their mental outlook is can be levied but I’m not going to try to arm-chair psychoanalyze them. Sometimes you just have to take people at their word.

And having been one of those chicks who gets paid for the “fun and fluff” pics… [i]I[/i] know [b]I[/b] certainly find it to enhance/embrace/laud my feminine power. Aside from it being an incredible sexual turn-on, it’s great ego strokes that someone digs my look enough to spend time photographing it and paying for it. That feeling is the same whether it’s a photo shoot for a bridal mag or a skin mag. Though I really must say the latter are more ‘fun’. And for every female out there, there’s a million different moods she feels and a million different looks she has and a million different ways to express her uniqueness via photography AND a million differnt guys/girls interested in seeing it.

I, also, dig Brian’s work and interview. I don’t always find it appealing in a traditional sense, but I do find it provoking. I like that. And I also would love to see more “action” or “sporty” type shots included (like the ones in your thread) along with the “intimate” and “behind the scenes candids” that we usually get.[/quote]

Why don’t more chicks think like you? Can you somehow uplink all females to your brain? You know, like the borg “prepare to be assimilated” “resistance is futile”.

Thanks for your perspective, Karma. Interesting…

[quote]pookie wrote:
How about her?

cap’nsalty wrote:
That said I’d hit it. And not because I admire her hard work either. I’d hit it for the novelty factor, because it’s weird and freaky and that’s what I like. Like fucking your teacher.

[/quote]

That’s beyond the pale…

Here she is from the back…

Actually not bad when she was young

Another…

another

I think the older years and drugs just finally caught up with her…

She WAS sexy. Even when young, she was a little muscular for my taste. But she just had a sexy look, a sexy aura to her. It is gone…

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
She WAS sexy. Even when young, she was a little muscular for my taste. But she just had a sexy look, a sexy aura to her. It is gone…[/quote]

I think the loss of youth plus the years of juicing finally caught up…

But I agree, she actually was attractive when she was young.

[quote]dahun2 wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
She WAS sexy. Even when young, she was a little muscular for my taste. But she just had a sexy look, a sexy aura to her. It is gone…

I think the loss of youth plus the years of juicing finally caught up…

But I agree, she actually was attractive when she was young.
[/quote]

Yes-agreed.