Powerful Image 8-3-05

With anyone who pushes herself to that degree, I can evaluate the physique without caring about whether she’s my ideal for a sex object.

Her physique is more impressive than mine, and I admire that. Doesn’t mean I want to sleep with her, or that I care who does.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Before “supplements”…[/quote]

I have seen old pics of her before and the facial change is the most drastic. She actually used to be pretty damn fine. It makes me wonder if many don’t just get so caught up in some obsessive compulsive attempt to get bigger and stronger that they miss when they have taken it too far. It isn’t like the guys are innocent of this either. It just takes on another form when it comes from a woman…because she seems to lose what made her feminine. A guy getting more “masculine” isn’t laughing in the face of nature. A woman becoming more manly just creates an “error” message.

Wow. She looked great before steroids…

[quote]Black Thorn wrote:
Well, I have to wonder why simpply dedication makes you great… Hitler was dedicated… So was Stalin… But for the majority they were NOT normal.[/quote]

Dedication to self is one thing … dedication to eradicating Jews is just a little different.

I wonder how many guys would do her IF they knew nobody would find out. Does it make you gay? No, but I think this is even less accepted than homosexuality.

Regarding her facial changes … you know … that is an issue … and I haven’t seen her or any of the others up close … maybe I would change my mind … but I doubt it. As I’ve said before, I MUCH prefer a really good looking girl.

Bastard

Well, if were going to go by looks- She looks happy.

I’d hit it.

With a stick.

I think it’s great for women to take pride in their bodies and work out. But it is down right scary when they look like the reason why you never want to go to prison. Ladies, celebrate your beautiful bodies, Just dont try to look like a dude…it’s just wrong. She has more Test running through her veins than I do.

Austin Powers stopped by, took a look at her pic, turned to me and said “she’s a maaaaan, baby, yeaahhhh”

MicroSlash - Wondering where women like her get their test supply…since 1986"

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
Why do they keep showing Brian Moss’s shims? Did they get a bulk deal on the rights? I don’t think these are the ideals most women who read this site and post on it are aspiring to. I know most men would say they think pro bodybuilders are stupid and they don’t aspire to look like them either, but I can understand why they might put up a picture of Lee Priest or some pro bb because deep down, I think all of us would like to look like a pro(without the gut) and be as strong as a pro strongman or pl. It’s ok for guys, not ok for women. [/quote]

Right, thanks for clarifying what each gender is allowed or not allowed to do. What with all this moral relativism I wasn’t sure if my striated glutes allowed me to still be a man. Good to know I’m a-ok in your eyes.

That said I’d hit it. And not because I admire her hard work either. I’d hit it for the novelty factor, because it’s weird and freaky and that’s what I like. Like fucking your teacher.

You sound like a jealous bunch of bitches.

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
I’m happy to see a pic of a woman bodybuilder as a normal person, instead of the usual sexual object.
[/quote]

I realize this might scare some people but “normal people” are sexual creatures - women included. Showcasing one of humankind’s most powerful abilities (the ability to create/feel/enjoy sexual arousal and fulfillment outside of purely procreational purposes) is in no way objectifying the subject. It is glorying in our uniqueness as surely as the showcasing of our ability to compete in silly games.

And before anyone misconstrues that - I LOVE silly games…

Objectification, much like esteem or high regard, is in the eye of the beholder. If you find the images you’ve described to be portraying women as “sexual objects” that’s because you have deemed it so in your own mind and bear complete complicity to their status as such.

Now, if you meant to say that you prefer candid, public shots to intimate, private shots that’s another story entirely. Some people are uncomfortable when they feel they are “inside” another’s boundries (or bedrooms). And other’s enjoy being the ‘fly on the wall’… It’s all a matter of preference.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I have seen old pics of her before and the facial change is the most drastic. She actually used to be pretty damn fine. It makes me wonder if many don’t just get so caught up in some obsessive compulsive attempt to get bigger and stronger that they miss when they have taken it too far.[/quote]

It might be because the muscle mass comes quickly on steroids and the other changes take time.

There are pictures of her when she was bigger than in the pic I posted, but not facially “deformed” like she is now.

Because the cranial and genital changes take place slowly, over many months or years, I think that they don’t notice it. It’s only years later when you compare pictures that you see the large nose and chin, the receded hairline, etc.

(For those interested, her name is Juliette Bermann, she was Ms. Olympia in 2001 and used to be reknowned for her symmetry. Her calves and biceps where of the same diameter; as where her thighs and waist. Her V-Taper used to be remarkable…)

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1123190363873.ReneeToneyphoto.jpg

How about her?

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
That said I’d hit it. And not because I admire her hard work either. I’d hit it for the novelty factor, because it’s weird and freaky and that’s what I like. Like fucking your teacher.[/quote]

Too late. She’s already been beaten with a stick.

. . . An ugly stick.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I’d hit it.

With a stick.[/quote]

[quote]pookie wrote:
How about her?

cap’nsalty wrote:
That said I’d hit it. And not because I admire her hard work either. I’d hit it for the novelty factor, because it’s weird and freaky and that’s what I like. Like fucking your teacher.

[/quote]

When did Ronnie Coleman have long hair and wear a two piece?

[quote]~karma~ wrote:
Jillybop wrote:
I’m happy to see a pic of a woman bodybuilder as a normal person, instead of the usual sexual object.

I realize this might scare some people but “normal people” are sexual creatures - women included. Showcasing one of humankind’s most powerful abilities (the ability to create/feel/enjoy sexual arousal and fulfillment outside of purely procreational purposes) is in no way objectifying the subject. It is glorying in our uniqueness as surely as the showcasing of our ability to compete in silly games.

And before anyone misconstrues that - I LOVE silly games…

Objectification, much like esteem or high regard, is in the eye of the beholder. If you find the images you’ve described to be portraying women as “sexual objects” that’s because you have deemed it so in your own mind and bear complete complicity to their status as such.

Now, if you meant to say that you prefer candid, public shots to intimate, private shots that’s another story entirely. Some people are uncomfortable when they feel they are “inside” another’s boundries (or bedrooms). And other’s enjoy being the ‘fly on the wall’… It’s all a matter of preference.[/quote]

I’m trying to think about this… I think being a sexual creature is a very good thing, and I can understand that my perspective colors what I see as an “object”, but I also feel there are many pics that cannot be construed in any way other than “woman as object”. Do you think another person (and perhaps the model herself) thinks they are a celebration of her sexual power? Are these purely T&A shots showcasing the glory of her uniqueness, when there are a million similar shots out there?

Anyway, I’ve bitched enough about the topic in the past that I thought I’d better say something good about this PI. I don’t want to rehash the old arguement, but as I’ve said before, I would enjoy occasionally seeing some PIs of women athletes in action.

BTW, I believe Brian Moss is T-Nation’s official photographer, which is probably why he’s had so many pics featured lately. If you missed the recent article/interview with him, check it out - very interesting.

[quote]geekboy wrote:
Jillybop wrote:
… she is actually somebodys’ wife/mother/sister/daughter/friend.

Looks to me “she” is somebodys’ husband/father/brother/son/Transvestite friend…

geek boy[/quote]

hahahaha! I laughed out loud at that one. I think it’s a horrible look. But I like it as a powerful image. I agree with Jilly-it captures another side. Moss is the man.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Before “supplements”…[/quote]

Sheesh. What she thought was wrong with that, I’d like to know. Oh, well. She did what she wanted to do. It’s impressive. Unattractive and unappealing in my opinion, but still impressive.

[quote]pookie wrote:
How about her?

[/quote]

I threw up. And not a little bit in my mouth like some people say sometimes on this site. All over the damn floor. Bleh!!! lol

[quote]Jillybop wrote:

BTW, I believe Brian Moss is T-Nation’s official photographer, which is probably why he’s had so many pics featured lately.
[/quote]

Interesting thought, Jilly… I wonder if he’ll be used in the print mag. That’d be cool…

FC