T Nation

Posing in Bodybuilding Contests

Yes everyone, here is my question.

Should they change the rules where posing in Bodybuilding is changed?

It comes off as a little on the gay side I can tell you that.

Why not have a guy for example, get on a preacher curl machine and then after he is done, flex his muscles? Then he will be rewarded a certain number of points for reps, form, and size of muscles.

Then he can move onto a leg exercise that the judges choose to provide on stage. He is awarded points on how he performs the exercise and also when he flexes after performing said exercise.

I think this would actually make the sport better. You would actually be combining the training aspect of bodybuilding along with how well the bodybuilders look on stage from a physical standpoint.

Thoughts?

Well, bodybuilding is concerned with how you look. Not really with how much you can lift. I don’t really see how performing a certain exercise relates to how well of a physique you’ve developed.

I mean, what if someone didn’t do “normal” lifts yet build an impressive physique? He should be punished because he didn’t do a certain lift? And why should they be judged on form? Form is specific to your purpose, there isn’t really a “correct” form technically and trying to grade someone on it means they have to pick an arbitrary form and everyone just copies that to get a better score.

Plus, you’re comment of bodybuilding being a little “gay” then proposing to have people watch shirtless dudes lift weights then flex afterwards is somehow less “gay”? How does moving a weight before flexing make it suddenly less “gay”? Explain

I think it would be cool to see them train, but it really doesn’t fit in the whole “bodybuilding” definition of “building a body” and then being judged on said body.

WE would see better definition if in fact they were required to lift during their routines. Imagine how their muscles would look even better as they have insane pumps? Yes I know they are allowed to pump themselves up backstage but we all know that it would look even better if say they got on a preacher curl machine and then flexed after.

[quote]GetSwoleToday wrote:
Why not have a guy for example, get on a preacher curl machine and then after he is done, flex his muscles? Then he will be rewarded a certain number of points for reps, form, and size of muscles.

Then he can move onto a leg exercise that the judges choose to provide on stage. He is awarded points on how he performs the exercise and also when he flexes after performing said exercise. [/quote]

Would he also be awarded points for the amount of weight lifted?

No. He just gets points for the size of his pump.

It comes off as a little on the gay side I can tell you that.
[/quote]

Is being gay a bad thing?

No. He just gets points for the size of his pump.[/quote]

I see…

Not at all.

But being feminine in a contest that is supposed to be manly is something that should not be allowed.

Not at all.

But being feminine in a contest that is supposed to be manly is something that should not be allowed.[/quote]

Being gay is feminine?

No, but pretending to be Dana Linn Bailey is.

I feel as though your ideas continue to shift on this matter. It may benefit you to spend a few days composing your thoughts and then come back to this.

This thread. Lol

They could even get a creepy old guy to come on stage and measure his biceps whaddaya think?

[quote]dt79 wrote:

I see…
[/quote]

Do you think the guys aren’t lifting backstage before coming out for their routine?

I already stated that brother. But they should pump even more on stage.

[quote]Depression Boy wrote:
They could even get a creepy old guy to come on stage and measure his biceps whaddaya think?

[quote]dt79 wrote:

I see…
[/quote]
[/quote]

Sounds good.

I already stated that brother. But they should pump even more on stage.[/quote]

did you manage to get swole today?

this is the weirdest fucking thread ever

May I suggest that all the competitors wear rainbow colored capes?

Maybe I’m just old fashioned, but the size of my pump is between me, my girlfriend, and any adult websites on which I may have appeared.