Polar Bear & Husky

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Damn. If “stupid” animals driven by instinct can get along, what excuse do we humans have?[/quote]

We’re too smart for our own good? :wink:

Nah, I guess you just can’t be as nasty as us without being able to do algebra 'n stuff…

This thread reminds me of that Douglas Adams quote

“It is an important and popular fact that things are not always what they seem. For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much – the wheel, New York, wars and so on – whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man – for precisely the same reasons.”

[quote]Roual wrote:

“It is an important and popular fact that things are not always what they seem. For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much – the wheel, New York, wars and so on – whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man – for precisely the same reasons.”[/quote]

Good quote! Adams wrote some very funny stuff in many of his books but there were so many deeper meanings to a lot of his work hidden amongst the humour.

[quote]Renton wrote:
Roual wrote:

“It is an important and popular fact that things are not always what they seem. For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much – the wheel, New York, wars and so on – whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man – for precisely the same reasons.”

Good quote! Adams wrote some very funny stuff in many of his books but there were so many deeper meanings to a lot of his work hidden amongst the humour.[/quote]

I really need to dig out some of his books and re-read them.

I gotta say, I agree with the dolphins, I’d much rather splash about in the water than anything else :slight_smile:

[quote]Roual wrote:
Renton wrote:
Roual wrote:

Good quote! Adams wrote some very funny stuff in many of his books but there were so many deeper meanings to a lot of his work hidden amongst the humour.

I really need to dig out some of his books and re-read them.

I gotta say, I agree with the dolphins, I’d much rather splash about in the water than anything else :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Did either of you guys ever play Ecco the Dolphin on the Sega Megadrive?