T Nation

Polar Bear & Husky

Don’t know if you’ve seen these pictures before but I rather like them so I thought I’d share.

The story goes (although how true it is I don’t know)…

‘I Come in Peace.’

If you don’t already think animals are far more spiritually advanced than we humans, think again. Stuart Brown describes Norbert Rosing’s striking images of a wild polar bear coming upon tethered sled dogs in the wilds of Canada’s Hudson Bay .

The photographer was sure that he was going to see the end of his dogs when the polar bear wandered in.

Apparently the Polar Bear returned every night that week to play with the dogs.

Usually polar bears can identify two species:

1.) Polar bears.

2.) Food

He was probably only tenderising them;-)

Oh man that’s awesome!

That was cool to see. I remember watching one show where the locals would sic dogs on a polar bear that came too close, and the bear would run away. I thought the bear would just make a tasty meal of them, but apparently not!

We can definitely learn a lot from animals, they’re so trusting and don’t hold grudges.

Huskies are great dogs outside the arctic too, my Siberian is the best-tempered animal I’ve ever known.

Amazing pics!

Cool pics Ren, who says we can’t all get along?

Really cool pics bud! Thanks for posting

No. 2 is awesome, well they all are! The Hudson Bay area (very large) has a huge polar bear problem. The bears migrate right through some the the towns.

Nice… and I would say it is true.

Brave dogs. I’d have shat myself.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Shit like this restores my faith in the universe. Thanks Ren.

I enjoyed those pics. Thanks for sharing them, Renton.

[quote]Renton wrote:
2[/quote]

'Dude, I shit bigger than you.

Let’s be friends.’

Great pics for sure!