Polar Bear & Husky

Renton you might not believe this but today i went to the Gym and i get a call from my sister saying two monkeys had climbed into our third floor apartment.

They apparently walked through to our prayer room and ate our prashad(its a sweet kind of food we use as a sacrament taken from a very special temple in Amritsar, Punjab).

The two monkeys also drank some water i had left in a glass, they didn’t damage or take anything else (which is odd behaviour for them).

They then promptly left! Without make any mess whatsoever.

Our maid was by herself and freaked out lol.

Apparently its a good sign for this kind of thing to happen! :slight_smile:

LMAO Shire - Very cool!

sadly, after reading this thread, a poor zebra was feeling all “high on life” and decided to stick around as his lion “buddy” approached him…

They are related. Separated by millions of years, but related none the less.

Very cool.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:

Very cool.

You’re talking about the lion and the zebra, right?[/quote]

The monkeys and the maid.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
pushharder wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:

Very cool.

You’re talking about the lion and the zebra, right?

The monkeys and the maid.[/quote]

5 star answer. LMFAO.

im not a zoologist (i know right?) but wasn’t that a polar bear cub/adolescent? i mean it looks pretty small and i hate to say but if it were an adult im pretty sure the outcome would be different.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
pushharder wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:

Very cool.

You’re talking about the lion and the zebra, right?

The monkeys and the maid.[/quote]

Hey my maid is a very nice lady, she makes me boiled eggs for breakfast :slight_smile:

One of the monkeys did hiss at her as she tried to shoo them away though. I think if i was there i might have legged it lol(some of them have diseases).

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
im not a zoologist (i know right?) but wasn’t that a polar bear cub/adolescent? i mean it looks pretty small and i hate to say but if it were an adult im pretty sure the outcome would be different.[/quote]

Thought you were a pheasant plucker :wink:

Yeah agreed - There’s no way that’s a full grown Polar bear. Even so, I wouldn’t hang about to see if it was going to play nice.

I swear when I opened this thread it was going to start like other Renton stories:

“So I was on my way home from work when I saw a polar bear and a husky alone on the side of the road. I decided that I should take them home to make sure they were all right…”

[quote]Renton wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
im not a zoologist (i know right?) but wasn’t that a polar bear cub/adolescent? i mean it looks pretty small and i hate to say but if it were an adult im pretty sure the outcome would be different.

Thought you were a pheasant plucker :wink:

[/quote]

only part-time and when in season.

What an awesome thread. i feel all warm inside.

seriously cool

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
I swear when I opened this thread it was going to start like other Renton stories:

“So I was on my way home from work when I saw a polar bear and a husky alone on the side of the road. I decided that I should take them home to make sure they were all right…”[/quote]

"And today tonight I’d ripped off a few chunks of a seal I cooked yesterday for a little snack. I took said meat through to my living room and just then the phone went off.

Following is the thanks I get for saving her life…?"

[quote]shoo wrote:
MrZsasz wrote:

“So I was on my way home from work when I saw a polar bear and a husky alone on the side of the road. I decided that I should take them home to make sure they were all right…”

"And today tonight I’d ripped off a few chunks of a seal I cooked yesterday for a little snack. I took said meat through to my living room and just then the phone went off.

Following is the thanks I get for saving her life…?"

[/quote]

LMFAO!

Way to go on bringing a soft fuzzy thread right on track! :wink:

An Unexpected Gift

Finally! Sniff and the other wild chimpanzees stopped traveling and climbed into the trees. Primatologist Geza Teleki stopped, too. He’d been scrambling after them, through the forest in Gombe National Park, Tanzania, in Africa, observing their behavior.

Now, watching the chimps chow down on round, green mbula fruits made Teleki’s own stomach rumble. Not intending to hike so far, he’d left base camp without provisions. Maybe he could knock down some fruits for himself. Grabbing a stick, Teleki poked and flailed, but he couldn’t do it. Watching him, Sniff imagined himself in Teleki’s place.

“Sniff knew I was hungry,” says Teleki. “And he knew he could do something about that.” Which is why this young and timid ape, who’d always avoided people, took a big risk. All on his own, Sniff picked another armload of fruits, swung down on a vine, and handed them to the astonished scientist.
http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/Stories/AnimalsNature/Can-animals-be-nice

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

An Unexpected Gift

Finally! Sniff and the other wild chimpanzees stopped traveling and climbed into the trees. Primatologist Geza Teleki stopped, too. He’d been scrambling after them, through the forest in Gombe National Park, Tanzania, in Africa, observing their behavior.

Now, watching the chimps chow down on round, green mbula fruits made Teleki’s own stomach rumble. Not intending to hike so far, he’d left base camp without provisions. Maybe he could knock down some fruits for himself. Grabbing a stick, Teleki poked and flailed, but he couldn’t do it. Watching him, Sniff imagined himself in Teleki’s place.

“Sniff knew I was hungry,” says Teleki. “And he knew he could do something about that.” Which is why this young and timid ape, who’d always avoided people, took a big risk. All on his own, Sniff picked another armload of fruits, swung down on a vine, and handed them to the astonished scientist.
http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/Stories/AnimalsNature/Can-animals-be-nice
[/quote]

I love this thread. Thanks for this cool link, OG.
Primates FTW!

Awsome story and pics. Who cares if it’s true or not, we can pretend it is! -lol.

And if that’s s small polar bear? Geez! I need to go eat some more.

S

Damn. If “stupid” animals driven by instinct can get along, what excuse do we humans have?