Po Po at it Again

^^ the face blurring this has to do with conset. Dude had to give MTV consent to show his face during the altercation.

In an interview the cast members explained why there were so many fights and it completely made sense. A shit load of people tried out/auditioned for the show. Then when they didn’t make it and saw the actual ‘Jersey Shore’ members out at the bars and stuff they were jealous and started shit. Seems pretty logical since most of those guys seem like total douches… “I didn’t get on the show so I’m gonna fight the guy who did to prove it should have been me! Arrrgghhh!!!” lol

There is an elementary school just down the block from me with a really bad intersection when it comes to visibility. The crossing guard, who wears a police vest, parks under a ‘no parking’ sign and makes two of the street blind to each other.

BTW: There is no parking on the dance floor

This thread is full of some classic stuff…

[quote]JLD2k3 wrote:
Why is it the school doesn’t have a drop-off procedure for exactly this? I know it’s ARLINGTON and all, but surely the area of the country with the highest median income per capita can come up with something that will work.

Every elementary school I’ve ever seen has had a procedure where a line of cars makes its way to some entrance of the school so the kid gets out and there’s a faculty member there so the parent doesn’t even have to get out. This is a failure by the school system to provide a process that makes sense.[/quote]

Maybe they do, and a bunch of rich, arrogant parents won’t follow the established procedures.

Maybe that’s why the cops were called to be there in the first place. Cars parked where they shouldn’t be in front of schools is dangerous - kids step out from behind parked cars, and other drivers can’t see them coming.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
[/quote]

I concur.

I must say i agree with gregon on this. I don’t see the big deal, the law was broken.

Last year i attended a university where the parking was horrible. I would pay $50 for a parking permit and was never able to get parking. Eventually i stopped buying permits and would just park on the side of the street along with several other students. This was not legal during certain time periods.

I did this for months and knew i would get a ticket if i ever got caught, but i had done it so many times before that i kinda felt invincible. It got to the point where i would do it even with a cop car in site. Then one day i walked to my car and noticed that my car along with every single car parked on the street had a ticket.

When i went to pay the ticket there was this girl in there complaining about the fact that she had parked there on several occasions and had never received a ticket, so why is it that she was receiving one now.

I just started laughing and thinking to myself, the fact that you got away with it before doesn’t change the fact that you were breaking the law all along. You just got caught this time. I just figured that i had a good run and i paid the ticket.

I highly doubt that a school system neglects to provide a method of safe transportation for their students, especial given the ages of the children. Also i’m pretty sure that the parents knew that they were breaking the law but thought that their reasons were “justified”.

Cops are there to enforce the law, not interpret it or administer punishment. Yea it would be nice if they made an exception but they did nothing wrong. Chances are if the parents contest the ticket the judge will be lenient.

^totally true. I mean, come on, the law is not at all about fairness or justice, its about whether or not someone arbitrarily made it a law.

EDIT: referring to the post above pushharder

[quote]ManfromMass wrote:

[quote]JLD2k3 wrote:
Why is it the school doesn’t have a drop-off procedure for exactly this? I know it’s ARLINGTON and all, but surely the area of the country with the highest median income per capita can come up with something that will work.

Every elementary school I’ve ever seen has had a procedure where a line of cars makes its way to some entrance of the school so the kid gets out and there’s a faculty member there so the parent doesn’t even have to get out. This is a failure by the school system to provide a process that makes sense.[/quote]

Maybe they do, and a bunch of rich, arrogant parents won’t follow the established procedures.

Maybe that’s why the cops were called to be there in the first place. Cars parked where they shouldn’t be in front of schools is dangerous - kids step out from behind parked cars, and other drivers can’t see them coming.[/quote]

I agree that it’s a failure of the school system to created a procedure that makes sense - a failure that the fucking PIGS are taking full advantage of! THAT’S MY POINT

Rich arrogant parents? It’s a fucking HISPANIC neighborhood! And kids aren’t stepping from behind parked cars, their parents are WALKING THEM TO SCHOOL (while getting tickets).

It’s bullshit setup taking advantage of parents who are taking their kids to school. If people cant see that this is fundamentally WRONG, then they need to have their fucking heads examined.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Holy fuckin cocksuckin cow, ya know the world is near apocalypse when peeplezzz come out of the woodwork to defend cops who give out meaningless parking/traffic tickets that basically amount to nothing more than legal “revenue enhancement” schemes.[/quote]

iknowright?!

[quote]JLD2k3 wrote:

This. I don’t understand how this is so hard to comprehend. I really think some people on here just argue to up their post counts.

Cops in Arlington are notoriously full of shit. For those of you that live around here, did you see the news segment the other day about how cops were ticketing cars for not yielding to pedestrains at the Chipotle off Wilson and Lynn St in Rosslyn?

Sounds like a good idea on paper, but I was there watching it for a little bit. They were ticketing cars that were turning left off Wilson with the green left turn arrow. The pedestrians that they weren’t “yielding” to had a red DO NOT WALK indication, and they were standing on the sidewalk waiting for their turn accordingly.

Apparently Arlington cops interpret the law to mean that pedestrians can jaywalk into oncoming traffic that is turning on a green arrow, and claim they still had the right of way.

Edit: corrected street name and defined jaywalking after my brain fart. It would be really GREAT if the mods wouldn’t needlessly block this edit this time around…mmmm kay?

[quote]angus_beef wrote:
I must say i agree with gregon on this. I don’t see the big deal, the law was broken.

Last year i attended a university where the parking was horrible. I would pay $50 for a parking permit and was never able to get parking. Eventually i stopped buying permits and would just park on the side of the street along with several other students. This was not legal during certain time periods.

I did this for months and knew i would get a ticket if i ever got caught, but i had done it so many times before that i kinda felt invincible. It got to the point where i would do it even with a cop car in site. Then one day i walked to my car and noticed that my car along with every single car parked on the street had a ticket.

When i went to pay the ticket there was this girl in there complaining about the fact that she had parked there on several occasions and had never received a ticket, so why is it that she was receiving one now.

I just started laughing and thinking to myself, the fact that you got away with it before doesn’t change the fact that you were breaking the law all along. You just got caught this time. I just figured that i had a good run and i paid the ticket.

I highly doubt that a school system neglects to provide a method of safe transportation for their students, especial given the ages of the children. Also i’m pretty sure that the parents knew that they were breaking the law but thought that their reasons were “justified”.

Cops are there to enforce the law, not interpret it or administer punishment. Yea it would be nice if they made an exception but they did nothing wrong. Chances are if the parents contest the ticket the judge will be lenient.[/quote]

Let me break it down for you.

If you have children of a certain age, you HAVE to enroll them in school. It has to be a school for which you are zoned for. If you live withing a certain radius of the school, bus service is not provided (less than a mile). So you will agree that SOME parents HAVE to take their kids to school, right?

This particular school has plenty of parking. BUT it’s close to the metro, so they made it all at no parking zone so that people riding the metro wouldn’t park in the neighborhood. The small strip of legal zoned parking in front of the school is zoned for a particular zone. The zones divide AT THE SCHOOL, so half of the students attending the school are in a different zone from the zoned parking. There is NO legal place to park for HALF of the parents.

These parents were NOT parking all day as you were, they were parking long enough to ensure their CHILDREN were SAFE in the correct classroom and then they were leaving. They were blocking NO roads, were not creating an unsafe scenario, and were obviously not going to the metro (which was the intention of the no parking zone in the first place).

The fucking PIG in question was waiting for the parents to pull up and go inside and then he was running over to ticket them.

If you don’t think that’s FUCKING BULLSHIT, you need to have your head examined. He was filling a quota and in effect STEALING money from parents doing the right thing - keeping their kids safe. That isn’t protecting and serving in my book. That’s a cheap shot at parents exploiting a situation that is outside of their control.

That’s one reason why PIGS are called PIGS. They abuse their power. And this is a very clear example of that.

[quote]JLD2k3 wrote:

What the fuck does median income per capita have to do with parking availability?

I’ve lived in arlington. Finding parking anywhere that is outside of your own residence zone is like trying to hit a firefly with a slingshot.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]angus_beef wrote:

Cops are there to enforce the law, not interpret it or administer punishment. Yea it would be nice if they made an exception but they did nothing wrong. Chances are if the parents contest the ticket the judge will be lenient.[/quote]

Let me break it down for you.

If you have children of a certain age, you HAVE to enroll them in school. It has to be a school for which you are zoned for. If you live withing a certain radius of the school, bus service is not provided (less than a mile). So you will agree that SOME parents HAVE to take their kids to school, right?

This particular school has plenty of parking. BUT it’s close to the metro, so they made it all at no parking zone so that people riding the metro wouldn’t park in the neighborhood. The small strip of legal zoned parking in front of the school is zoned for a particular zone. The zones divide AT THE SCHOOL, so half of the students attending the school are in a different zone from the zoned parking. There is NO legal place to park for HALF of the parents.

These parents were NOT parking all day as you were, they were parking long enough to ensure their CHILDREN were SAFE in the correct classroom and then they were leaving. They were blocking NO roads, were not creating an unsafe scenario, and were obviously not going to the metro (which was the intention of the no parking zone in the first place).

The fucking PIG in question was waiting for the parents to pull up and go inside and then he was running over to ticket them.

If you don’t think that’s FUCKING BULLSHIT, you need to have your head examined. He was filling a quota and in effect STEALING money from parents doing the right thing - keeping their kids safe. That isn’t protecting and serving in my book. That’s a cheap shot at parents exploiting a situation that is outside of their control.

That’s one reason why PIGS are called PIGS. They abuse their power. And this is a very clear example of that.[/quote]

Pic is slightly extreme, but i like it. cause its true. when you give the full power of the state to people, they are not going to act as saints.

There are police officers who truly try to serve. More power to em, they are the minority.

[quote]Lackzoom wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:
A couple weeks ago I was in a 24 hr coffe shop. A woman came and lay down and went to sleep in a corner by the coffee machine. An employee came by and was like, “Ma’am, you can’t sleep here.”…No response…“Ma’am, if you don’t get up I’m calling the cops.”…no response…

A few minutes later the cops roll up. “Ma’am you can’t sleep here.”
…no response…
“Ma’am get up or your going to jail”
response: “Fuck you cocksuckers”

Police continue to plead with the woman to get up and leave, she continues to insult them.
Eventually they drag her limp, profanity spewing mass out of the coffee shop and stand her up on the sidewalk, let her use their phone to call someone to come pick her up.

fucking pigs.[/quote]

I don’t understand what your issue is here?? So a woman falls asleep inside a business, which of course those running the business don’t want. The police come and remove her. Then are nice enough to let her call someone to come get her instead of taking her to jail. Yeah, thats real terrible.[/quote]

I think he was doing it facetiously to show that too many people think cops are always assholes when that’s not always the case.

Can’t say for sure what is going on with the parking issue cause only one side of the issue is being presented…but did you ever consider that your bitch might not be with the “Po” “Po”?

Obviously they are the ones handing out the tickets because…last time I checked it was their job. And I can say that I doubt that they hardly enjoy sitting out in front of an elementary school handing out tickets to a bunch of parents that they KNOW are going to be pissed off when they return to their car and find a ticket on their windshield. Yea…Cops love to get in pissing matches all the time with people over stupid shit just so they can “abuse their power” and look like assholes to the people they serve.

First of all, alot of the time these type of situations begin with the parents. A parent gets pissed off because they have no place to park when they drop off their kid, or get double parked in by some other jackass parent dropping their kid off. That parent then bitches to school administration and tells them they have to do something about the “parking problem”.

The school adminstrator attempts to fix the problem by sending notices home with the students, notifing the parents that they can’t park in a certain way / place. When the parents ignore the memo and the parent complaints keep coming in they then call the Police to “fix” their parking issue. When the Chief or whatever command officer receives the complaint, the complaint then gets passed down the chain of command, which eventually gets assigned to the patrol officers who are ordered by their supervisor to issue parking tickets in order to “fix” the problem.

Rest assured that the officer who drew the short straw on this does not enjoy enforcing it. It is a no win situation for him / her, because naturally they are going to be the one that looks like the asshole. Yes, they would love to be doing something “more important” than writing parking tickets, but unfortunately for them it is their job, and they may not have any choice in the matter.

So, instead of bitching on this forum about how much of a powertrip the officers are on by enforcing the parking laws, maybe you should address this issue with your school board to come up with some solutions. Maybe they can open up some more parking somewhere, better educate the parents who are dropping off / picking up their kids, etc…

Address the problem…don’t be part of it.

[quote]clinton131 wrote:
Can’t say for sure what is going on with the parking issue cause only one side of the issue is being presented…but did you ever consider that your bitch might not be with the “Po” “Po”?

Obviously they are the ones handing out the tickets because…last time I checked it was their job. And I can say that I doubt that they hardly enjoy sitting out in front of an elementary school handing out tickets to a bunch of parents that they KNOW are going to be pissed off when they return to their car and find a ticket on their windshield. Yea…Cops love to get in pissing matches all the time with people over stupid shit just so they can “abuse their power” and look like assholes to the people they serve.

First of all, alot of the time these type of situations begin with the parents. A parent gets pissed off because they have no place to park when they drop off their kid, or get double parked in by some other jackass parent dropping their kid off. That parent then bitches to school administration and tells them they have to do something about the “parking problem”.

The school adminstrator attempts to fix the problem by sending notices home with the students, notifing the parents that they can’t park in a certain way / place. When the parents ignore the memo and the parent complaints keep coming in they then call the Police to “fix” their parking issue. When the Chief or whatever command officer receives the complaint, the complaint then gets passed down the chain of command, which eventually gets assigned to the patrol officers who are ordered by their supervisor to issue parking tickets in order to “fix” the problem.

Rest assured that the officer who drew the short straw on this does not enjoy enforcing it. It is a no win situation for him / her, because naturally they are going to be the one that looks like the asshole. Yes, they would love to be doing something “more important” than writing parking tickets, but unfortunately for them it is their job, and they may not have any choice in the matter.

So, instead of bitching on this forum about how much of a powertrip the officers are on by enforcing the parking laws, maybe you should address this issue with your school board to come up with some solutions. Maybe they can open up some more parking somewhere, better educate the parents who are dropping off / picking up their kids, etc…

Address the problem…don’t be part of it.

[/quote]

What in the fuck are you talking about? Its crazy that you took the time to post a long winded 7 paragraph response, but didn’t bother to read the information given beforehand. Did you somehow miss that the officer was waiting in his car and only issuing the tickets after the parents were out of sight from the car? Or did you just conveniently ignore this piece of information that would render 95% of your post irrelevant?

God I miss the days when not everybody could flip on a computer and log onto the internet. It seemed that people actually had some sort of idea what they were talking about before hitting submit.