Operation Golden Freedom Shower

Interesting how its perfectly fine to kill someone but you just can’t pee on them. Lol. I love life.

These are pretty funny, sort of like Onion news.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
In local news a cadre of Austrian and German posters urged the US military to show compassion for the enemy while engaged in combat in Asia. A spokesman for the “Federation of Teutonic Tenderhearts,” NavJoe the Benevolent said, “The US would do well to emulate the example of our grandfathers as they withdrew from the Eastern Front in WWII and treat the local populace with respect and dignity.” [/quote]

Yeah well, for a people so fond of WWII stories you learned fuck all from them.

Contrary to American troops the Wehrmacht soldiers were greeted as liberators in a lot of places, with flowers even.

Interestingly enough that didnt last very long, apparently people react strongly to being occupied by people who believe in their innate superiority and that of their culture.

I must say though that Germany needed almost 20 years and a humiliating defeat to spiral into a dictatorship, you seem to take far less time than that.

Impressive, maybe you learned from history after all.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:

[quote][quote]
Western interests protected, global stability
[/quote]
and how can you ever achieve those two at the same time?
Aren’t they mutually exclusive? (“Mommy, I want both pie-slices and Timmy should shut up!”)[/quote]

WTF?!? Another poster (from Europe, right?) who thinks that instability is in “the west’s/America’s” interests. America is on top, preservation of “that order” IS stability. Even looked at cynically from a pure power perspective. The last poster to make this claim refused to back it up. If you do truly believe this, I would like to hear your rationale. I cannot understand it.
[/quote]

Stability for ones enemies implies a threat to oneself.

A threat to oneself implies a lower level of stability.

Stability for your enemies and stability for yourself can be seen as opposites. I believe that is the rationale.

[quote]
America is on top, preservation of “that order” IS stability. [/quote]

Preservation of what order? I think you can understand - preservation of the current instability.

Civilized vs barbarian: a comparison

[quote]squating_bear wrote:

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:

[quote][quote]
Western interests protected, global stability
[/quote]
and how can you ever achieve those two at the same time?
Aren’t they mutually exclusive? (“Mommy, I want both pie-slices and Timmy should shut up!”)[/quote]

WTF?!? Another poster (from Europe, right?) who thinks that instability is in “the west’s/America’s” interests. America is on top, preservation of “that order” IS stability. Even looked at cynically from a pure power perspective. The last poster to make this claim refused to back it up. If you do truly believe this, I would like to hear your rationale. I cannot understand it.
[/quote]

Stability for ones enemies implies a threat to oneself.

A threat to oneself implies a lower level of stability.

Stability for your enemies and stability for yourself can be seen as opposites. I believe that is the rationale.[/quote]

Only when you start by labeling them enemies.

[quote][quote]
America is on top, preservation of “that order” IS stability. [/quote]

Preservation of what order? I think you can understand - preservation of the current instability.[/quote]

Since America “took over” (became a superpower), Europe has been pretty stable (historically speaking). As has the rest of the world to a lesser degree. “I think you can understand” things have been pretty historically stable. What instability do you think America is purposefully preserving?

[quote]pushharder wrote:
“A Taliban spokesman condemned the behaviour of the soldiers as ‘barbaric’.”

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL[/quote]

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

Civilized vs barbarian: a comparison[/quote]

I don’t think you understand what “civilized” means.

Here’s a hint – it doesn’t mean “knowledgeable.”

And just FYI, if he’d gone to the hinterland of Iran, he’d have found a bunch of illiterate bumpkins.[/quote]

Well, thank God these are not found in American hinterlands.

He compared Iranian cities to New York.

Also, I do know what civilized means.

civ·i·lized (sv-lzd)
adj.

1. Having a highly developed society and culture.
  2. Showing evidence of moral and intellectual advancement; humane, ethical, and reasonable
  3. Marked by refinement in taste and manners; cultured; polished.

Oscar Wilde, take it away:

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.

^ I thought a civilized culture where a culture with a written language?

[/quote]
Rightwingoverse is a very cramped and sour place.

The Mogadishu display of war-atrocities was, apart from some Vietnam footage, only topped in history by Achilles desecrating Hector’s remains.
It was shown, and rightfully so, for WEEKS, on all stations, in all kinds of specials and commentaries.
The pictures remains today a symbol of humanity’s dark side.

quote]

Are you on drugs? Far far worse was done in the second world war, in Bosnia, and in any number of other previous wars and conflicts. The only difference is that there was no news crew there to capture it.

Really guys? The real crime here is the asshole who released the info. Much worse happens in war. Is it right, probably not but when a guy who 10 minutes ago was trying to kill you and if captured alive would have done much worse than. How would you feel?
It was in the moment of battle gentlemen.

[quote]jre67t wrote:
Really guys? The real crime here is the asshole who released the info. Much worse happens in war. Is it right, probably not but when a guy who 10 minutes ago was trying to kill you and if captured alive would have done much worse than. How would you feel?
It was in the moment of battle gentlemen. [/quote]

A battle of your choosing.

Of course it is Orion. That is why the 98 percent of US population who has never been there in my opinion has really no right to call out those Marines.

Great point Pushharder our damn PC world forgets that it is war. The real question who released it and for what purposes? What political agenda is behind this?

[quote]jre67t wrote:
Of course it is Orion. That is why the 98 percent of US population who has never been there in my opinion has really no right to call out those Marines.[/quote]

Soooo…

If I attack someone because I choose to do so and then say, oh well, that is just the nature of violence if someone thinks that pissing on him was a bit of s dick move, I can say that they simply do not understand the nature of a violent conflict?

If you seriously believe that, your ass is going to be in jail soon.

Unless you have a government issued costume. Should that be so, carry on.

As far as I remember, it is so.