OHIO STATE vs. MICHIGAN

[quote]malonetd wrote:
I think it will be amusing if Arkansas and Florida both suffer another loss and USC loses to ND. Then what happens? What if Michigan loses a close game to OSU? Does ND get picked ahead of UM even though they were soundly beaten by Michigan earlier in the year?

What if Michigan wins? It’s almost unavoidable to have a rematch playing in the National Championship. Either UM vs. ND or UM vs. OSU.

What if Rutgers wins out? Do they get the nod over one-loss Notre Dame and the OSU/UM loser?

I’m excited for the controversy.[/quote]

Unlikely that Arkansas loses again. Had their QB (Dick) not been out and Mcfadden at about 60% (surgery) Arkansas would have a good chance of being 10-0 right now.

Notre Dame is the most overrated team in football this year, with the 3 from the BigLeast not far behind.

[quote]Destroyer44 wrote:
pimpinthebox wrote:
uh,besides nd, michigan also beat Wisconsin who is 10/1.
nooge

and… Wisconsin is so overrated its not even funny. Outside of OSU and Michigan, the Big Ten was overrated this year.

Its ok pimpinthebox, we all know you hopped on to the UM wagon because your beloved Hoosiers are terrible once again. [/quote]

Uh, do the Hoosiers have a football team?
Just because I live in Indy now, doesn’t mean I’ve always been here, or support them (in any sports).

I’ve been a Michigan football fan since I was in little league football. I love their program (even though Carr needs to go), and their history.
I’ve been waiting for this game all year. Everyone who is a Michigan or Ohio State fan spends the entire season bashing each other until the last game of the season. It’s one of the greatest rivalries there is. The hype before the game, especially with them being 1 and 2, makes it even that much more epic.
I’m getting together with Michigan fans, OSU fans, and just general football fans to watch this game, because everyone knows it is THE GAME of the year.
I’m glad I’m part of it as a Michigan fan. Regardless of what happens, I’ll be amped for the same game next year, and the year after, etc.

hail to those masturbators, hail to those fornicators, hail, hail to michigan the cesspool of the world!

GO BUCKEYES

[quote]usctrojansfan wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
pimpinthebox wrote:
GO BLUE.

THE Ohio State Douchebags 20, i will let them have 2 touchdowns, but only through air, and not on Leon Hall. The Michigan defensive line will not allow more than 50 yards rushing, sorry Pittman. Gonzalez will have the 2 catches.
Now, the Wolverines…31. Breaston punt return TD, Manningham 2 TD’s, Hart 1 TD, and REVIS FG.
Remember it, right it down, take a picture.
Michigan Wolverines Nat’l Champs Fool!

Shit. Why play the game. You got the whole thing scripted. Wait? Is it…fixed?

Ohio State will handle the pressure very well. Troy Smith and Pittman will overcome any defense in the country except a defense from the west coast, say USC? muhahahahah…

Who do you think will be in the Title Game?[/quote]

Ohio State vs. UCS

I’m basically sick to my stomach this week. I wish it was Saturday already.

Here is a post I wrote on my blog way back in August, concerning the rivalry, epsecially this years rivalry…

THURSDAY, AUGUST 31, 2006
Getting it out there…
Ohio State University. OSU. O,H-I,O. The Buckeyes. The Scarlet and Grey. The Bucks.

You beat the Maze and Blue last year, and by God we have a score to settle.

Fuck, I HATE you motherfuckers. All of you. Everyone who wears the the colors or hums the fight song, I cannot stand.

It’s been bred into me long ago. My lineage, my bloodline, my ancestors tiptoed across the northern part of you from New York in order to get to our Beloved Michigan back in the 1700’s. They trodded onward, past your rolling hills, rivers, and woodlands because they knew then what is clearly evident now…

Ohio fuckin’ BLOWS, man.

It’s getting bad. It’s not even Labor Day, but the one day I dream for is November 18th, when my team will visit the “shoe” (who the fuck names their stadium after apparel, anyway) and take you on head to head, mano e mano.

Your victory last year hurt the most. Last second and all that. It keeps me up at night, it makes me sweat cold and clammy sweats. I can only imagine how the Michigan coaching staff and players feel…

You’re in for it, your season is ruined but you just don’t yet know it.

Don’t get me started on your ridiculous band. “The Best Damn Band In the Land?” Come on now, that’s just stupid. And that “Script Ohio” thing you all do at halftime is so 1972. Time for a new trick Pony.

Michigan’s Band dominates, our fight song is better, our routines are better, and our colors are cooler.

You’re south of us, you’re below us, in more ways than just geography I might add.

The hate I feel for you spills out into everything I am. When I’m teaching a class and I want to make a point, I put up a picture of a Wolverine tackling a Buckeye.

Just working the Mojo, becuase even though we’re ranked 14th this is going to be our year.

Not yours.

We got Notre Dame, MSU, Wisconsin, and Iowa to worry about… But they’re only tune up games for what this season is about which is de-throning you fuckers nice and easy, in your own house.

I do love our rivalry though, it’s over 100 years old and going strong. Hell even warring countries can get their act together and get along after that amount of time, but not us. The best thing about what we have going on is our mutual hate, I know you all have “F MICHIGAN” t-shirts and “ANN ARBOR IS A WHORE” t-shirts… So it makes the stakes that much higher.

You pulled our pants down and did us real dirty-like last year, in the Big House too. It doesn’t sit well with the faithful, nor should it sit well with you. You’ve woken the beast from his summer slumber early this year, and well, you’re going to have to pay for it.

I hate you Ohio State. I hate you and can’t wait to see you suffer. May your precious Troy Smith develop a drug problem and end up worse than your home-boy Clarret. Hes what, on his third arrest in two years and trying to play arena ball in Youngstown, right??? You guys dont talk about that though, do ya? How you wrecked your golden-boy? Didnt think so.

Until we meet in November, go F yourselves with your cheesy easy victories and your #1 ranking, because on November 18th, Michigans going to make you do the old “No gold pants dance” and I cant wait…

Bitches

GAINER

[quote]elevationgain wrote:
I’m basically sick to my stomach this week. I wish it was Saturday already.

Here is a post I wrote on my blog way back in August, concerning the rivalry, epsecially this years rivalry…

THURSDAY, AUGUST 31, 2006
Getting it out there…
Ohio State University. OSU. O,H-I,O. The Buckeyes. The Scarlet and Grey. The Bucks.

You beat the Maze and Blue last year, and by God we have a score to settle.

Fuck, I HATE you motherfuckers. All of you. Everyone who wears the the colors or hums the fight song, I cannot stand.

It’s been bred into me long ago. My lineage, my bloodline, my ancestors tiptoed across the northern part of you from New York in order to get to our Beloved Michigan back in the 1700’s. They trodded onward, past your rolling hills, rivers, and woodlands because they knew then what is clearly evident now…

Ohio fuckin’ BLOWS, man.

It’s getting bad. It’s not even Labor Day, but the one day I dream for is November 18th, when my team will visit the “shoe” (who the fuck names their stadium after apparel, anyway) and take you on head to head, mano e mano.

Your victory last year hurt the most. Last second and all that. It keeps me up at night, it makes me sweat cold and clammy sweats. I can only imagine how the Michigan coaching staff and players feel…

You’re in for it, your season is ruined but you just don’t yet know it.

Don’t get me started on your ridiculous band. “The Best Damn Band In the Land?” Come on now, that’s just stupid. And that “Script Ohio” thing you all do at halftime is so 1972. Time for a new trick Pony.

Michigan’s Band dominates, our fight song is better, our routines are better, and our colors are cooler.

You’re south of us, you’re below us, in more ways than just geography I might add.

The hate I feel for you spills out into everything I am. When I’m teaching a class and I want to make a point, I put up a picture of a Wolverine tackling a Buckeye.

Just working the Mojo, becuase even though we’re ranked 14th this is going to be our year.

Not yours.

We got Notre Dame, MSU, Wisconsin, and Iowa to worry about… But they’re only tune up games for what this season is about which is de-throning you fuckers nice and easy, in your own house.

I do love our rivalry though, it’s over 100 years old and going strong. Hell even warring countries can get their act together and get along after that amount of time, but not us. The best thing about what we have going on is our mutual hate, I know you all have “F MICHIGAN” t-shirts and “ANN ARBOR IS A WHORE” t-shirts… So it makes the stakes that much higher.

You pulled our pants down and did us real dirty-like last year, in the Big House too. It doesn’t sit well with the faithful, nor should it sit well with you. You’ve woken the beast from his summer slumber early this year, and well, you’re going to have to pay for it.

I hate you Ohio State. I hate you and can’t wait to see you suffer. May your precious Troy Smith develop a drug problem and end up worse than your home-boy Clarret. Hes what, on his third arrest in two years and trying to play arena ball in Youngstown, right??? You guys dont talk about that though, do ya? How you wrecked your golden-boy? Didnt think so.

Until we meet in November, go F yourselves with your cheesy easy victories and your #1 ranking, because on November 18th, Michigans going to make you do the old “No gold pants dance” and I cant wait…

Bitches

GAINER

[/quote]

Uh. Let me be the first to day this: You have too much time on your hands. Also, please see Webster’s defintion of ‘obsession’. It’s usually not a good thing. Seek help.

I made it down the part that you said, “I can only imagine how the (Michigan) players and coaches feel.” Let me give you some insight, as a guy who played in a big - although not OSU/UM big - collegiate rivalry game: The players are not nearly as upset and preoccupied about as you are. They don’t hate one another like the irrational fans do. Mostly, there is a lot of respect in these games.

I’ve heard that especially from guys I played with who were a part of this game. A lot of these guys played in Highschool together. They both recruit the same players. It’s the most intense game they play. But watch after it’s over. See how they react to one another. Probably not they way you fans react to one another.

Since last year’s loss, Michigan has been preoccupied with…winning football games (as evidenced by their record). Now they are preoccupied with winning THIS game. After the game, they will get ready for their bowl game.

It’s a game, dude. Get into it. Have fun. Cheer. Show some class. Deal with the results like a big boy, huh?

shoot…I just started another thread before i saw this one.

GO BLUE!!!

OSU

(Mod Note: I deleted it, man. No worries.)