NZ Pro BBer Justin Rys (Video)

First- good video Scott- thanks for posting.

“Bashing of Bodybuilders: Why?”

This is why. I wasn’t about to jump into the pathetic shit fest that is that thread, but THIS is the reason. The whole “besieged mentality” that has cropped up among the “put upon” recreational bodybuilders on here is causing discussion to veer off course imho.

The fact is that human beings do not that achieve that level of muscularity with that level of leanness without abusing the shit out of drugs. Plus, 99% of the population thinks it looks like shit at that point.

It’s like a small segment of chicks that strive for H-cup titties or something–most people don’t find it appealing…but there are still chicks that continue to go under the knife striving for attention, uniqueness and their own twisted view of the “female ideal”. If some titties are good, 50 gallons must be great.

And I know- the pro level of development is not achievable without hard work, but the bottom line is that THE difference between being a pro and not being a pro is not intensity, or the split, or the fascia stretching, or protein intake–

it’s drugs, a certain amount of disregard for health, and a healthy narcissism. You get to an extreme by going to extremes (generally speaking).

At the IFBB level, that’s what people see. Yes, this guy is an extreme, but the fact is that intense drug use + the single-minded dedication to the sport + the end result (the appearance) of pros is ridiculous to many.

That is why they are “bashed” (of course, the real truth is that 99.99% of the world doesn’t give a rat’s ass about bodybuilders, but that doesn’t feed the ego…it’s better to be hated/misunderstood than ignored).

Now, I personally like following bodybuilding, but to confuse what we do recreationally with that activity is an exercise in self-deception. And the fact is that it’s the pros that create all of the negative vibes, and for good reason.

Pretty interesting scenario with the supplement company calling him out like that and almost hounding him down - I think business should be forced to be accountable for their actions and claims so I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing.

If he is using his own physique to peddle supplements based on the claim that he is drug free then he is basically lying to profit and deserves to be exposed - however I do not think his refusal to take part in the challenge proves anything, but I said it before on this thread I personally think he is still using steroids.

Tex I agree with much of your post.

That is why they are “bashed” (of course, the real truth is that 99.99% of the world doesn’t give a rat’s ass about bodybuilders, but that doesn’t feed the ego…it’s better to be hated/misunderstood than ignored).

/quote]

haha this is so true, most people really don’t think about it either way, I know I did’nt before I got into the whole weight lifting obsession etc. Although now I do care and it does greatly interest me, I know what you mean by most people not giving a rats arse about it.

[quote]JamFly wrote:
Pretty interesting scenario with the supplement company calling him out like that and almost hounding him down - I think business should be forced to be accountable for their actions and claims so I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing.

If he is using his own physique to peddle supplements based on the claim that he is drug free then he is basically lying to profit and deserves to be exposed - however I do not think his refusal to take part in the challenge proves anything, but I said it before on this thread I personally think he is still using steroids.

Tex I agree with much of your post.[/quote]

Have you seen… I don’t know EVERY supplement company’s advertising ever?

Ronnie and Trey aren’t getting jacked off Syntha 6 shakes alone

Jay and Dexter are using a bit more than supplements.

The only people that need to be accountable are the AAEFX guys who are running the “Natural Freak” campaign with Flex Wheeler. You claim you are natural on the box and on your t shirt than expected to be tested(Flex has passed every one). Justin said in an interview he was natural now, but that doesn’t mean he’s flaunting it at his store or on the labels of his product.

[quote]trextacy wrote:

And I know- the pro level of development is not achievable without hard work, but the bottom line is that THE difference between being a pro and not being a pro is not intensity, or the split, or the fascia stretching, or protein intake–

it’s drugs, a certain amount of disregard for health, and a healthy narcissism. You get to an extreme by going to extremes (generally speaking).

.[/quote]

It’s genetics(and consistency), and not drugs that separate the pros from the wannabes. There are guys on this very forum(and this is not generally an abusive one) running more anabolics than some pros competing today… fact.

There are some ABUSIVE guys out there that you will never hear about running 2+ grams of test on top of other things(EQ Deca dbol tren etc) and guess where they are? In the audience at the Olympia and Arnold and not necessarily on that stage. Are they crazy guys that compete professionally? Sure there are, just like the recreational bodybuilders there is a variety but it is not required by all to reach that level of development.

Put Paul Dillet on 250 mg of test a week and you(or anyone else reading this thread) and the drug stack you think is required to compete and get on stage together 5 years from now and it will be absolutely embarrassing because Paul will look like… a pro bodybuilder and you… will not.

If a certain former pro bodybuilder(who competed at around 250 on 5’7) came on here and posted his cycle he used to turn professional but was completely anonymous people would have said “Looks good man” because it was absolutely pedestrian to any experienced user. gram of test, 600 mg deca and some low dosage GH… won his pro card on that.

Do not be one of the guys who equates he who is bigger=he who uses a lot of drugs. Drugs are apart of the scene no doubt, but it’s foolish to think that if after 2-4 years of training you aren’t already freaking people out a bit with your size(naturally) that it’s the drugs separating you from them.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
JamFly wrote:

Tex I agree with much of your post.

Have you seen… I don’t know EVERY supplement company’s advertising ever?

Ronnie and Trey aren’t getting jacked off Syntha 6 shakes alone

Jay and Dexter are using a bit more than supplements.

The only people that need to be accountable are the AAEFX guys who are running the “Natural Freak” campaign with Flex Wheeler. You claim you are natural on the box and on your t shirt than expected to be tested(Flex has passed every one). Justin said in an interview he was natural now, but that doesn’t mean he’s flaunting it at his store or on the labels of his product. [/quote]

Just because everyone is doing it doesn’t make it right or acceptable. Besides I already said basically the same thing as you above so I am not sure what point you are making?

This was him 1 week out of jail.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
trextacy wrote:

It’s genetics(and consistency), and not drugs that separate the pros from the wannabes. There are guys on this very forum(and this is not generally an abusive one) running more anabolics than some pros competing today… fact.

There are some ABUSIVE guys out there that you will never hear about running 2+ grams of test on top of other things(EQ Deca dbol tren etc) and guess where they are? In the audience at the Olympia and Arnold and not necessarily on that stage. Are they crazy guys that compete professionally? Sure there are, just like the recreational bodybuilders there is a variety but it is not required by all to reach that level of development.

Put Paul Dillet on 250 mg of test a week and you(or anyone else reading this thread) and the drug stack you think is required to compete and get on stage together 5 years from now and it will be absolutely embarrassing because Paul will look like… a pro bodybuilder and you… will not.

If a certain former pro bodybuilder(who competed at around 250 on 5’7) came on here and posted his cycle he used to turn professional but was completely anonymous people would have said “Looks good man” because it was absolutely pedestrian to any experienced user. gram of test, 600 mg deca and some low dosage GH… won his pro card on that.

Do not be one of the guys who equates he who is bigger=he who uses a lot of drugs. Drugs are apart of the scene no doubt, but it’s foolish to think that if after 2-4 years of training you aren’t already freaking people out a bit with your size(naturally) that it’s the drugs separating you from them.

[/quote]

I don’t want to be one of those guys. I have a TON of respect for you- you know much more than me. I have learned a lot from your posts.

I was coming at it from the perspective of what most people think (linking it to the “bashing” of bodybuilders). The perception is that it’s all about drugs- this lead to a lack of respect among the vast majority of people.

I agree that genetics and consistency are key (obviously)for the elite of the elite. Now, this is just my opinion, please let me know if you think I’m wrong, but in MOST ANY case, what you are saying is true…that among the top 1-3% those who have the consistency and genetics will win out even if someone else uses more/better drugs. HOWEVER, to even get into the, say, top 10%, drugs are required. How it shakes out above that is up to genetics and consistency, but from most of our perspectives, the main difference between being really good and in the top 10% of physiques is drug use.

Well I mean look at Justin 1 week post jail… he’s large and fairly lean after 2.5 years of eating prison slop, milk powder for his protein and having no access to real weights. Most people train for 15 years and won’t look like that on their best day size/leanness combo wise.

To turn pro(at least in the light heavy-super heavy classes) you almost without a doubt need to be on steroids to do so otherwise you are simply not competing on a level playing field with your competition.

Everyone has access to the same stuff, the test cyp that Johnny Pro uses isn’t any different than Johnny Schmoe… how they might react to the drugs in terms of progress could be wildly different however. Sure GH and some of the other peptides have gained in popularity recently but most pros can’t even afford it year round so thats a moot point. Test, deca, eq, insulin etc are all cheap and readily available to all.

The cream of the genetic crop will rise to the top if given the proper stimulus(hard training, good diet, drugs of course) and you won’t see some nobody come out of the woodwork and win the NPC North Americans or USAs and go pro just because he was the most recent daredevil to go over 4+ grams a week.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Well I mean look at Justin 1 week post jail… he’s large and fairly lean after 2.5 years of eating prison slop, milk powder for his protein and having no access to real weights. Most people train for 15 years and won’t look like that on their best day size/leanness combo wise.

To turn pro(at least in the light heavy-super heavy classes) you almost without a doubt need to be on steroids to do so otherwise you are simply not competing on a level playing field with your competition.

Everyone has access to the same stuff, the test cyp that Johnny Pro uses isn’t any different than Johnny Schmoe… how they might react to the drugs in terms of progress could be wildly different however. Sure GH and some of the other peptides have gained in popularity recently but most pros can’t even afford it year round so thats a moot point. Test, deca, eq, insulin etc are all cheap and readily available to all.

The cream of the genetic crop will rise to the top if given the proper stimulus(hard training, good diet, drugs of course) and you won’t see some nobody come out of the woodwork and win the NPC North Americans or USAs and go pro just because he was the most recent daredevil to go over 4+ grams a week. [/quote]

True but LOL at Justin saying “it’s not like you can get drugs in jail…” Uhhh, that would be the BEST place to get drugs. So, while you are likely right in your point, I don’t think that Justin was drug free while in jail for 2.5 years. Do you?

He was, and is drug free. I can personally say he won’t go back there.

Too much to lose.

Justin commented on his heart problems and said that it was pumping at 30% production of what it needed to and the only thing that brought it back up to snuff(still not great) was being off gear.

I think that guy from the Miada company went way overboard with his emails and finger pointing. If I were Justin, I would have sued that fucker for libel after he posted their conversations onto the internet.

i kinda stopped reading after “roidrage like symptons”. you know, you offer this guy a challenge he doesnt want to do it so you harass him about it and start making accusations, its pretty fucked up. whether someone is or isnt on steroids a good way to find out they are isnt by having them decline any number of random testings of blood and urine over the course of a year. it may be a tad suspicious but at the same time its such a hassel.

also, about the roidrage, you put this guys email account in the open and start talking shit like a little pussy anyway, yea hes gonna be mad. smh.

again, hes been that weight for so long it is very well possible his base weight is now that big. and he did lose weight initially after going to jail.

also this guy has openly admitted to being on everything under the sun. so obviously what does he care about hiding it? if he was on them he would probaly say right? or is that against his parole or something?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
He was, and is drug free. I can personally say he won’t go back there.

Too much to lose.[/quote]

Bro you are naive. It is a small bb scene here. You know people and they know people. If you think it is all 'nutritional supplements which allows him to be 127kgs at 3% you are foolish.

Are you saying you know that Justin is back on AAS?

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
Bro you are naive. It is a small bb scene here. You know people and they know people. If you think it is all 'nutritional supplements which allows him to be 127kgs at 3% you are foolish. [/quote]

Talked to him recently, have you? While he is OK with AAS use, he won’t touch a needle (or methylated pill) anytime soon.

At least, that’s the impression I got from him.

Cool dude, but I cannot believe he was on ecstasy for as long as he was!

Did you hear that? He was on ecstasy for like years! That is nutz! I can’t imagine how much hell that must have been to give it up, going from feeling good 24/7 for years to reality. Crazy.

Amazing how big he is, and some of the people here still don’t think his back is wide enough? He be plenty huge in my book!

[quote]Makavali wrote:
deanosumo wrote:
Bro you are naive. It is a small bb scene here. You know people and they know people. If you think it is all 'nutritional supplements which allows him to be 127kgs at 3% you are foolish.

Talked to him recently, have you? While he is OK with AAS use, he won’t touch a needle (or methylated pill) anytime soon.

At least, that’s the impression I got from him.[/quote]

Yeah whatever.

Even putting sources, etc aside, just look at him.

I defy you to find any natural bodybuilder in the history of the earth who is as big and ripped as he is.

Are you a kid?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
deanosumo wrote:

At least, that’s the impression I got from him.[/quote]

You said you have talked to him once or twice casually you really think he’s going to tell a complete stranger what he is or is not doing? I think you need to take a reality check and stop trusting ‘impressions’ and try being objective about this, look at the guys history he was into everything in a big way, he even admits to having a fear of being small. Watch the clip and then look at his current condition now on the balance of probability what are the chance he is telling the truth?

I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him…