NZ Pro BBer Justin Rys (Video)

Live, Ronnie doesn’t eat nearly as often as Justin. Same for 99 percent of all other huge people out there.
They do get in similar amounts of protein though (just more per meal).

haha as i was watching that without thinking i reach into my bag to grab some BCAAs. We’re all like justin in some degree. he is just more extreme.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
This is the best image I could find of him… this is NOT the picture I was talking about when he was in prison. Look at those shoulders. [/quote]

I thought the footage of him on stage looked like he had been using synthol on his shoulders… just looked too big, round and out of proportion for the rest of his body.

Well you thought right, he openly admitted it in his shoulders and arms.

Another part that baffled me a bit was the mention that he was close to the Olympia… not quite. 10-13th at smaller shows(not many want to travel to NZ or Australia) isn’t exactly tops in the world.

So let’s ask this… was it worth it for Justin to pour all that money and time and effort into bodybuilding?

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
It’s intersting, I was just figuring the other day how much money each week I spend on food. Now most of my friends think I eat a ton of food,… and always seem to be eating (which I must admnit, is true), but I try to buy most of my stuff in bulk, at BJs, and Trader Joes (PB, Oats, Bison meat…). How much $ you guys figure you spend each week? I’m certainly nowhere near 1K, but was shocked to find I spend at least 100-150 bucks (this is eating at home, not coounting if I go out)

S
[/quote]

I’m no where near your condition but I’m in that range too on food, including going out. I easily make at least 1 trip to the market a week dropping $60 plus each time.

[quote]Scott M wrote:

Another part that baffled me a bit was the mention that he was close to the Olympia… not quite. 10-13th at smaller shows(not many want to travel to NZ or Australia) isn’t exactly tops in the world.

So let’s ask this… was it worth it for Justin to pour all that money and time and effort into bodybuilding? [/quote]

If he did it for the love and not for financial gain, then yes. The man looked genuinely happy when discussing body building…if you can get that kind of joy doing anything, it has to be worth it.

Have to admire the dedication but 12 let alone 18 meals/feeds a day is ridiculous.

He must have been getting something like 4 hours sleep just to accomodate his eating obsession

i only spend around $50-60 on food (excluding protein supplements) a week because i never eat out and only go for basics like oats, beef, eggs, spinach, broccoli, olive oil, etc.

that and my metabolism has always been horribly slow (current calories ~ 3400 at 215 BW) because i’m fairly sedentary outside of my training time, like spending 6-10 hours a day sitting in front of the comp

[quote]ktennies wrote:
My favorite part of the video:

Justin:
“It feels like somebody hit you with a bat in the muscle you are working.”

Reporter:
“Is that good?”

Justin:
“Yes.”[/quote]

I actually lol’d at that part. God, I live for muscle soreness.

Good to see I’m not alone!

I liked how there was a long pause in between answering because he knew it made him sound psychotic lol.

One thing that I find interesting is that many of us don’t have to explain why we do what we do to other people to the detail like Justin did here. For how much he eats its very simple, lots of protein, moderate carbs and lower fat. But can you imagine someone who carb cycles, or does the Anabolic Diet, or P+F P+C meals having to break down to a reporter why they eat what they eat would sound like?

[quote]Scott M wrote:
I liked how there was a long pause in between answering because he knew it made him sound psychotic lol.

One thing that I find interesting is that many of us don’t have to explain why we do what we do to other people to the detail like Justin did here. For how much he eats its very simple, lots of protein, moderate carbs and lower fat. But can you imagine someone who carb cycles, or does the Anabolic Diet, or P+F P+C meals having to break down to a reporter why they eat what they eat would sound like? [/quote]

It would probably sound like what I say everytime I’m home with my parents or eating with a friend.

Do you really explain everything you do to them like an interview?

That would be boring as hell… for them.

[quote]Scott M wrote:

So let’s ask this… was it worth it for Justin to pour all that money and time and effort into bodybuilding? [/quote]

If he is happy with the way he looks and what he does then I think it would be totally worth it.

[quote]Scott M wrote:

Was the synthol admission in the video? I didn’t hear it. He has probably put aside his crazy dose drug use days but by looking at him I think he is still using some “Vitamin S”.

It says doctors have given his heart between 5-10 years - how can that be worth it? Walking around knowing you may fall down and die at any moment, what about his family?

lol I bought clenbuterol off this guy about ten years ago

JamFly not in the video, on the boards. He openly admitted getting great result from Syntherol in his shoulders and arms. Not an insult to him… just letting you know you were right sine he didn’t have issue with talking about it previously.

I also imagine the health problems were related to his MASSIVE drug intake although I can’t be positive it didn’t have anything to do with steroids/overall being a 300 lb monster day to day and the stress that causes.

For those that are curious Justin had been out of jail about 3 months when the video was taken.

Aside from abusing GHB, I thought that vid was inspirational. Here’s a guy who has his training, nutrition and finances squared away…no matter how they try to characterize it.

Strange how if he were 400 lb sofa cushion there’d be no comment about his “lifestyle”.

After Justin’s video was aired there was a little bit of controversy created… This might take a few posts to get it all in. First is the email a person sent Justin

[quote]Justin,
Heard a lot about your 60 Minutes interview where you made it clear you no longer use any steroids or performance enhancing drugs. Good for you.

Also heard you have a supplement range now so I thought what a great opportunity for you to prove unequivocally that you can be strong without any drug use whatsoever and show how effective your supplements are too.

A lot of people who have spoke to me said they think you’re still using by the look of you. I’ve had those comments myself hence I started the Supplement Boss Challenge in 2002. Test anytime, anywhere, anyplace both blood and urine.

As you know the drug issue is increasingly dominant in the media worldwide. You have even written about it on your website I noticed upon visiting today.

When I heard that you were now clean I thought what a great opportunity to invite you to be randomly drug tested over next 12 months as part of the Supplement Boss Challenge I run.

We take all your stats now and then in 12 months you compete in 5 strength events be tested on the day also and agree to be tested randomly any time in following 12 months also. we use both blood and urine samples as well as using non-steroid testing - so basically we cover a very wide range of known substances.

It would be a fantastic way for you to show your gains/maintenance of muscle size and strength from now until then are absolutely drug free. Would also be able to provide full blood results throughout period and use as marketing tool.

I have posted the invitation to you on the Miada website today, as I was confident you would have no problems given its a great promotion and you are now clean of all drugs. We will be doing next years Supplement Boss Challenge at the Big Boys Toys Expo.

I want to make young guys understand that supplements and proper training can result in great strength and muscle gain without drugs! The invitation is going out to several others in the industry before October 7 this year so we all come under the minimum 12 month testing criteria pre-event.

Miada Sports would cover all testing costs and the Expo site fees for the Challenge as part of our stand.

Looking forward to hearing from you in next day or two.

best regards
Dale Shepherd
Miada Corporation Limited
Ph (09) 259 4093 [/quote]

and Justin’s initial response back

[quote]Hi ya Dale sounds like an extremely out there idea I have been
drug tested hundreds of times both inside and now outside of jail
for everything right down to caffeine which is stuffed up in my
opinion.

Having another lot of drug tests although it sounds like a heap of fun would not interest me. If ya have an eating competition over a few days or something fun like that I would be
interested.

I may be interested in a few your supps to stock at the new gym shop etc can u send me pricelist and site to look

Thanks

J[/quote]

so far normal I suppose…

The email response to Justin

[quote]Justin I have to say I am extremely disappointed with your response to my invite to compete at the Supplement Boss Challenge in 2009. Your claim of being drug tested hundreds of times is ridiculous.

Not tested under my rules that leave no way to avoid detection if using. It was the perfect opportunity for you to stand up behind your supplements and prove that you are in fact not using any performance enhancing drugs anymore.

To claim otherwise and sell supplements for financial gain to the public is fraud, although I am sure you and other current drug users who sell supplements do not look at it that way.

It is absolutely no different than say a car dealer selling a Porsche kit on a Lada engine and chassis without telling the customer that whats under the exterior is not what they were led to believe at all.

The customer cannot hope to achieve the performance or results being claimed by the sales rep as they are not getting what they believe they were getting in the product and all the statistics and marketing material (the sales rep’s body included) was in fact false.

It is only when drugs are not involved that the natural supplements do have to be that much more effective to achieve anywhere near drug-like gains in terms of muscle size and strength.

If you are using drugs like steroids and growth hormones etc, it doesn’t matter what supplements you use as long as food intake (protein, carbohydrates and fats) are high enough as you well know given your history.

Hence I suspect your “eating contest” offer to me in the reply below, I am sure you are eating yourself out of house and home right now. Anyone else eating that quantity of food and not using drugs would simply get fat.

I actually thought you would be the first supplement boss in New Zealand who would actually take me up on this challenge in 6 years.

I thought you would be a worthy strength competitor, as lets face it most supplement bosses don’t even train or if they do they are so ridiculously weak it begs the questions why anyone would buy their products if they truly knew how ineffective they were without the magazine endorsements from steroid users.

I did believe that you would jump at the opportunity to prove you were clean after that interview on 60 Minutes left everyone in so much doubt of your claims.

If you reconsider and wish to come clean and show what you are capable of 100% NATURAL then my offer to accept the Supplement Boss Challenge remains open to you until October 10, 2008 (12 month pre-event deadline for the 2009 competition).

regards
Dale Shepherd
Miada Corporation Limited [/quote]

And after this email Justin’s private email account was posted publicly against his will, he asked to have it taken down.

This was posted on Miada’s website in response

[quote]
[JUSTINS PHONE CALL 3.20PM 02/10/2008
Justin gave us a phone call today, irrate at having his email put on our website. Justin still declined taking up the challenge and asked why he was being singled out.

He was told he was not singled out, it was something we have offered for many years to “Supplement Bosses” in New Zealand, to stand behind their brand and be properly drug tested. Needless to say, the conversation was cut short as Justin appeared to experienced symptoms not dis-similar to roid rage.

It is not a matter of singling out Justin, but he did go on National television and claim to be free of all performance enhancing steroids and other drugs. He also sells supplements and hence comes under the criteria for our Supplement Boss Challenge running since 2002.

If he is going to sell supplements to the public and claim to be free of drugs then prove it! Prove you are only using supplements you sell and attribute your results to and not secretly taking performance enhancing drugs.

That is all we ask, that is all we have ever asked since 2002! Stand up and do so in the public arena or stop committing fraud by claiming otherwise and financially benefiting from that deception on impressionable and naive people who want to improve their physiques.[/quote]

and after Justin posted about his interaction with Miada on boards he belongs to this was put on Miada in response.

[quote]"JUSTIN SEEKS SOLICE ON STEROID USERS WEBSITE 03/10/2008
Unwilling to front up and preferring to hide amongst fellow steroid users, Justin has sought solice from members of websites that promote the use of steroids and other performance enhancing drugs.

Justin is now threatening on one of those sites we understand to post our emails correspondences and his denials of steroid use on as many sites as he knows. All we can say to that is PLEASE Justin, do so!

Post away the full invitation sent to you and a full copy of the responses but try to frequent non-steroid users websites also and post them there, as they are the only people whose opinions actually matter to us.

They are the people who continue to propel Miada forward at great speed and the additional publicity bringing the drug issue out into the public arena has bought is great for business.

The real question I and the public who follow this story are asking is why won’t you test if you are clean as you claimed on national television recently?

The rest is a smokescreen to cover up, hide and avoid the fact that I believe now that you are still using performance enhancing drugs despite claiming otherwise repeatedly.

We offered you the perfect opportunity to dispell this beyond all doubt, stand up behind your supplements and show what you can do 100% NATURAL and instead you ran for the hills, or by the looks of it to your steroid buddies websites.

If you were not in the business of selling supplements Justin I would have no interest in your drug dealings or claims of being drug-free.

But you have now entering into the business of selling supplements and when you tell the public you are using a product and are not using drugs as well you are making a representation that they are entitled to believe and act upon to your percuniary gain (you make money).

If your representation is false you have committed fraud. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you the opportunity to dispel what so many of the public believed after your interview.

I wanted to believe you and I couldn’t care less if you beat me at the events, I just wanted 1 other supplement boss to actually stand for something.

It is a shame you have taken the “Supplement Boss Challenge” personally. It is something I offer ALL supplement bosses in New Zealand and have done since 2002 - standing open invitation initiated with written invitations and Miada will cover the costs.

Of course, you appear to be a bit of a show pony from what I have seen and like additional media coverage hence we will continue to cover your story for as long as it remains a focal point and of public interest."[/quote]

So for anyone who read all that… thoughts? Should have done the drug test, should he have told them to shove it?

1. What does he have to prove? Nothing.

2. What does he have to lose? Everything.

He’s not a paragon of virtue. He’s not Mickey freaking Mantle, he’s a big guy who trains hard and eats intelligently who used gear in the past and maybe, maybe not is using it now. If it’d been me I wouldn’t even have responded to that first email.

This prick with the supplement company or whatever the hell it is is just using it as an opportunity to grandstand and sell some more of HIS crappy products.

That’s the risk you take when you go on TV, I guess.