Nutrigenomics

Here is a useful diagram regarding the methylation cycle.

[quote]MetalMX wrote:
I have undergone this testing. I have my full genome on file. The testing was done with a saliva sample.
[/quote]

Can you tell me a bit more? Who was it thru, what did it cost, who interpreted the results, where did the suggestions come from…?

Thanks.

[quote]MetalMX wrote:
I have undergone this testing. I have my full genome on file.

I cannot convert Folate to Methyl Folate the active form within my body so i take Methyl Folate 1mg per day for this continually.

I cannot convert B12 into the active Methyl B12 so i take Methyl B12 1mg per day Continually.

The CBS mutation is an indication i have issues with detoxification of sulfur based foods (eggs ,cruciferous vegetables, garlic, onions and dairy). So for this CBS mutation i would take Molybdenum to assist with this process and converting sulfites to sulfates within the body.

If i do eat excessive protein i would tend to accumulate ammonia and not be able to detoxify it. So for this i can take Yucca Root and Activated Charcoal to assist with the elimination of toxins.[/quote]Did u see any significant changes in body comp after supplementing with that supps ?

[quote]tolismann wrote:

[quote]MetalMX wrote:
I have undergone this testing. I have my full genome on file.

I cannot convert Folate to Methyl Folate the active form within my body so i take Methyl Folate 1mg per day for this continually.

I cannot convert B12 into the active Methyl B12 so i take Methyl B12 1mg per day Continually.

The CBS mutation is an indication i have issues with detoxification of sulfur based foods (eggs ,cruciferous vegetables, garlic, onions and dairy). So for this CBS mutation i would take Molybdenum to assist with this process and converting sulfites to sulfates within the body.

If i do eat excessive protein i would tend to accumulate ammonia and not be able to detoxify it. So for this i can take Yucca Root and Activated Charcoal to assist with the elimination of toxins.[/quote]Did u see any significant changes in body comp after supplementing with that supps ?
[/quote]

I am on the skinner side these days as i don’t lift anymore so it’s not a problem i experience. But i can tell you i feel as though my body is making even better use of the foods i have been eating. I feel a significant increase in my general motivation which I’ve struggled with in the past motivating myself to study or undertake personal projects etc and also i now experience really good moods a little euphoria at times.

http://www.wehi.edu.au/site/latest_news/gene_discovery_reveals_importance_of_eating_your_greens

Gene discovery reveals importance of eating your greens

Eating your greens may be even more important that previously thought, with the discovery that an immune cell population essential for intestinal health could be controlled by leafy greens in your diet.

Dr Belz said that the proteins in green leafy (cruciferous) vegetables are known to interact with a cell surface receptor that switches on T-bet, and might play a role in producing these critical immune cells. ?Proteins in these leafy greens could be part of the same signalling pathway that is used by T-bet to produce ILCs,? Dr Belz said. ?We are very interested in looking at how the products of these vegetables are able to talk to T-bet to make ILCs, which will give us more insight into how the food we eat influences our immune system and gut bacteria.?

[quote]Jeffrey of Troy wrote:
Gene discovery reveals importance of eating your greens[/quote]

“Blood cell gene expression associated with cellular stress defense is modulated by antioxidant-rich food in a randomised controlled clinical trial of male smokers”

In an 8-week dietary intervention study, 102 healthy male smokers were randomised to either a diet rich in various antioxidant-rich foods, a kiwifruit diet (three kiwifruits/d added to the regular diet) or a control group. Blood cell gene expression profiles were obtained from 10 randomly selected individuals of each group. Diet-induced changes on gene expression were compared to controls…

~800 and 400 gene changes observed in AO diet and kiwi diet vs. control, respectively, and were seen to include those involved in DNA repair, hypoxia, apoptosis, inflammation and immune/stress/oxidative and response.