Not Functional? That's a Load of #%$^

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
So, guys, how has the weather been where you are? Here in New England we FINALLY hit 80 degrees yesterday! I think this is the latest that it’s ever hit 80 for the first time in my whole life!
[/quote]

Same weather here. Rain is on the way though. Just in time for the weekend.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
If you want to, share some “functional experiences” that you have done with the benefit of weight training.

Box squats help me poop.[/quote]

Box squats get me women. Just yesterday, I was using a bench for box squats and this hot little cardio bunny asked me if she could use the bench when I was done. Yeah, she wanted me. I didn’t even wipe it down afterwards so she could bask in the essence that is my swamp-ass. Lol.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:

So, guys, how has the weather been where you are? Here in New England we FINALLY hit 80 degrees yesterday! I think this is the latest that it’s ever hit 80 for the first time in my whole life!
[/quote]

Well whoop-dee-doo for you. It was almost 90 yesterday here. Which isn’t so bad except I don’t have air conditioning. And I never will because my only window is one of those stupid cranky things and I’d have to get MacGuyver to build an AC unit that could actually hook up to it. Ughghghg

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
[/quote]

I’m a few miles north of you in Maine. Still haven’t gotten out of the 70’s, but the Alewives are running and some Stripers are in the river, so the fly-fishing has been taking up a lot of my time this week.

Those “Thors Hammer” exercises sure have helped my ‘functional’ fly casting… :confused:

Its low 90’s here and 80%+ humidity. Freaking sauna outside every day. It rained sunday and there was just steam outside.

[quote]jakshafter wrote:
Its low 90’s here and 80%+ humidity. Freaking sauna outside every day. It rained sunday and there was just steam outside. [/quote]

No joke man. It’s so humid here in Arkansas today that my little weather clock thing says it’s raining.

[quote]Melvin Smiley wrote:
jakshafter wrote:
Its low 90’s here and 80%+ humidity. Freaking sauna outside every day. It rained sunday and there was just steam outside.

No joke man. It’s so humid here in Arkansas today that my little weather clock thing says it’s raining.[/quote]

god damn

[quote]Melvin Smiley wrote:
jakshafter wrote:

No joke man. It’s so humid here in Arkansas today that my little weather clock thing says it’s raining.[/quote]

wow. Yeah it’s pretty humid out today, and in the 80s. I may have to bring my air conditioners up out of the cellar.

It’s rainin’ in Ohio. I’ve got to bike 5 miles to the gym in it and it’s heavy squat day.

Functional training? Yes, this weekend I intend on becoming the neighborhoods pool chicken fighting champ, I always train by biking in the rain.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
AccipiterQ wrote:

I’m a few miles north of you in Maine. Still haven’t gotten out of the 70’s, but the Alewives are running and some Stripers are in the river, so the fly-fishing has been taking up a lot of my time this week.

Those “Thors Hammer” exercises sure have helped my ‘functional’ fly casting… :confused:
[/quote]

I’ve been wondering about stuff like that. Sometimes I get a tailing loop and I’m wondering if squats on a swiss ball would help.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
I am banging my head against my keyboard. That’s right, Neck Flexion and Extension. Functional Baby.[/quote]

Haha. FTW.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
AccipiterQ wrote:

I’ve been wondering about stuff like that. Sometimes I get a tailing loop and I’m wondering if squats on a swiss ball would help.
[/quote]

Only if you do them in waders… in the squat rack.

Here in Manhattan it has been really nice and in the high 70’s and low 80’s. Sunday was our first bout of humdity.

I did front delt raises in the gym on Thursday last week so I could hoist my meaty paw and hail a cab to make it to the sex and the city premiere.

I am going to the island baby. South Padre Island that is.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
If you want to, share some “functional experiences” that you have done with the benefit of weight training.

Box squats help me poop.[/quote]

Pooping helps me box squat.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Pooping helps me box squat.[/quote]

Pooping increases the weight I can lift.

Pooping gives me time to think.

Thunderstorms!

[quote]Makavali wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Pooping increases the weight I can lift.[/quote]

Pooping gets me chicks.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Makavali wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Pooping increases the weight I can lift.

Pooping gets me chicks.
[/quote]

Pooping increases my vertical leap.