Not as Fat Guy in a Little Coat

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
Niiiice bottoms up s frontals dude… you have convinced me to throw front squats back into the mix. You make 'em look easy, and your form is impeccable. I lack the flexibilty to stay as upright as you through the movement.

By the way, I am starting to look around now for a 3 lift meet for sometime in the spring. Getting excited again…[/quote]

good… i’m glad to hear you are getting back into competing. it helps to have a solid goal to make you more motivated.

the key to a good front squat is consciously forcing your elbows up throughout the lift. also to keep from leaning forward i lower the weight by forcing my knees out and letting my ass drop. it builds tension in the hips and keep the weight centered over the hips. [/quote]

Roger… gonna work 'em in. See how they feel on my shoulder.

squat/dead night. i left my gym bag at home tonight. luckily i had my belt. i had planned to do deficit pulls against bands. now that i’ve figured my deadlift i really need to strengthen my hips in that starting position. my plan is to work the deficits against bands until i can pull 600 from the deficit against bands.

last week when i did the full ROM front squats i slightly pulled a muscle in my hamstring right where it attaches in the ars. i felt it for a couple days. i didn’t want to aggrevate it so i kept it pretty conservative tonight.

deficit pulls
135x4
225x4
315x4
405x4
495x2
545x1

bottoms up front squat- didn’t want to take the chance of pulling the hammie with the reversal of a full front squat. i’m going to keep doing these for the next four weeks. hopefully i can get up to something close to 495. these are rediculous hard. you can’t appreciate how hard these are until you give them a try. it seems like forever before it starts to break off the pins when the weight gets heavy.

0x6
135x6
225x4
315x2
365x1
410x1 +5lb cheap PR

that’s it. played it conservative. hopefully i have some growing room over the next four weeks. [/quote]

I’m sure I’m not the only one who appreciates you posting so many videos of your training. Really killer lifting, man. That front squat was awesome.

Nice avatar, too, slim.

[quote]ThirdUncle wrote:

squat/dead night. i left my gym bag at home tonight. luckily i had my belt. i had planned to do deficit pulls against bands. now that i’ve figured my deadlift i really need to strengthen my hips in that starting position. my plan is to work the deficits against bands until i can pull 600 from the deficit against bands.

last week when i did the full ROM front squats i slightly pulled a muscle in my hamstring right where it attaches in the ars. i felt it for a couple days. i didn’t want to aggrevate it so i kept it pretty conservative tonight.

deficit pulls
135x4
225x4
315x4
405x4
495x2
545x1

bottoms up front squat- didn’t want to take the chance of pulling the hammie with the reversal of a full front squat. i’m going to keep doing these for the next four weeks. hopefully i can get up to something close to 495. these are rediculous hard. you can’t appreciate how hard these are until you give them a try. it seems like forever before it starts to break off the pins when the weight gets heavy.

0x6
135x6
225x4
315x2
365x1
410x1 +5lb cheap PR

that’s it. played it conservative. hopefully i have some growing room over the next four weeks. [/quote]

I’m sure I’m not the only one who appreciates you posting so many videos of your training. Really killer lifting, man. That front squat was awesome.

Nice avatar, too, slim.[/quote]

thanks for watching!!! yeah… i was looking through some old pics and found this one. this was from my very first bodybuilding comp at 18. i was slim. i was 5’6" and weighed 180.

You are going to need to change the name of your log to suit your new avatar, how about “Bodybuilder in a Skin Tight Coat.”

Don’t like the new avatar -the hawt abz ain’t showing.

The new avatar scares me for some reason, lol.

[quote]PeteS wrote:
The new avatar scares me for some reason, lol. [/quote]

x2

So I tried the front squats from the bottom as you did on the most recent video. Needless to say I was humbled.

[quote]PeteS wrote:
The new avatar scares me for some reason, lol. [/quote]

you guys are just jealous… under all this fat and bodyhair is an 18 year old bodybuilder trying to get out.

bench night- week 3 of 4 week cycle. things are progressing as planned. playing it conservative. the final week will lead us right into the bench meet we have coming up.

floor press-long pause
0x10
135x4
225x2
315x1
405x1
510x1 + 5lb PR- use some leg drive on this set.

foam press
225x1
315x1
405x1
495x1

bench press- touch and go
515x1 +5lbs from last week. very happy with these considering all the heavy work i did leading up to this.
my triceps were pretty fatigued at this point. i’m hoping when i hit this fresh it will fly up.

power pushdown- jowee dubbed these. i’m sure others have done these but they are a really good variation for tricep work. i’m sure i’ll get torn up on youtube for posting these.
some x 6 x 3
Staley Training Systems- Power Pushdown - YouTube

i’m very happy with my progress. bodyweight is a solid 255 and my strength continues to progress.

Damn, Meat, you had one hell of a peak on your biceps back in the day.

Nice work.
Strong pressing- your a natural teacher.
when you explain your training- with clips like that

and somehow when you write about stuff- its easier to digest.

and your making 5.6x180 sound like a dirty word.
dang.

[quote]mathineer wrote:
Damn, Meat, you had one hell of a peak on your biceps back in the day.[/quote]

thanks. it came from a super secret weider principle KTB 2

it’s similiar to a alternating dumbell curl but at the top you contract the bicep hard and then raise the arm to your mouth and give it a big kiss. it really helps to have a mirror in front of you though. i got really good at giving my best “Blue Steele” gaze followed up with getting to first base with each bicep.

my arms where such sluts.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
Nice work.
Strong pressing- your a natural teacher.
when you explain your training- with clips like that

and somehow when you write about stuff- its easier to digest.

and your making 5.6x180 sound like a dirty word.
dang.[/quote]

thanks hoss. This whole lifting thing isn’t rocket science so i try to keep it simple and straight forward.

you lost me on that last part though. remember, i’m no rocket scientist:)

it is simple , if you listen to the right people

I meant in your pic you said you were 5.6 and 180

Id KILLL to be 5foot6

I like the power pushdowns. All this time I thought I was just cheating…

They tear hell out of my right armpit and scap in a good way. Make up for being a keyboard warrior.

I ain’t no rocket surgeon either, but I can understand ya.

Hey… you guys get hammered with snow down there?

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
it is simple , if you listen to the right people

I meant in your pic you said you were 5.6 and 180

Id KILLL to be 5foot6[/quote]

ohhh…ohhh.ohhhh. i get yeah. i’m a bit punchy in my old age. i was only comparing myself. no insult meant to you. if anything i was cutting on myself for putting on so much damn fat over the years.

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
I like the power pushdowns. All this time I thought I was just cheating…

They tear hell out of my right armpit and scap in a good way. Make up for being a keyboard warrior.[/quote]

i wish the form police would realize that there’s no such thing as right and wrong form. it’s just a case of finding what works for your personal goals. something you’ve done a really good job of doing there bro.

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
I ain’t no rocket surgeon either, but I can understand ya.

Hey… you guys get hammered with snow down there?[/quote]

we got hammered with two feet of snow. up in The Land of Bacon of the Candian Persuasion it’s probably just a normal Tuesday. it pretty much closed everything down. i’ll take it though. it gives me a two week vacation for Christmas.

Over this two week vacation are we going to see a whole slide show of the life of Meat via your avatar? j/k

Loved the pushdown video. That is how I have taken to doing them, really like them with a medium wide grip on a lat bar with a mini band looped around my back.