Not as Fat Guy in a Little Coat

my thread filled up… time to start a new one.

dead/squat night- very happy with tonight. my sumo pull is coming along nicely and the reverse band squats have really helped. the front squats felt very light. 405 felt like 135 on my shoulders and the lockout was so strong i felt like the bar was going to pop off my shoulders.

elevated deads from sticking point
135x6
225x6
315x4
405x4
495x2
635x1+ 50lbs from last time. going to be conservative with these and move up slowly but consistantly.

front squats- didn’t pause or use bands… it felt like cheating. i could have moved up to 495 easily for reps on these.

0x4
135x4
225x4
315x4
405x4

incline situps
BW x 10
bw +10lbs x 10
BW +25lbs x 10

great night.

Liftin’ fast and lookin’ slim. You’re positively shapely now - and still strong as hell.

Let me christen your new log- nice work!

I like how vertical you stay doing front squats
and nice pulling too!

Good work tiny.

thanks guys!!

This bodyweight really suites me. my lower back is thanking me big time. my squat and bench are stronger than ever. my mechanics on deadlift have really changed though. I’ve been experimenting every time i pull and last night i think i finally found my sweet spot. I’ll be pull’n 700 soon!!

I’ve been using your squat videos for visualization during my squat workouts, and it’s really helped my form and intensity/concentration -thanks! Looking forward to some dead videos, now that you’re skinny like me…

p.s. will miss the “belly-rub technique” though

Damn dude, looking svelt. You’ll be looking like a competition bodybuilder in no time! Suggestion for next thread title when this fills up: “Not So Fat BB Guy in a Banana Hammock”

Awesome front squats. Damn.

thanks guys… yeah definitely a lot leaner but strength is hanging in there. i’ve been doing pullups as an accessory movement for a few weeks now. it’s assisted but each week i’ve been taking weight off. today i did my last training session assisted. it was only 15lbs off and really didn’t feel like it helped much. next week i’ll move on to regular pullups. i’m hoping to be able to get at least 10 reps per set. didn’t think i would be doing pullups again.

assisted pullups

BW- 15lbs x 10 x 3

pendlay rows

135x6
225x6
315x6
345x6 + 20lbs from last week.

standing push press- wasn’t feeling these this week.

135x10
185x4
225x4
275x2

hammer lateral raise - plate raise

some x 10 x 3 45 x 20 x 3

dumbell cleans

some x 6 x 3

cable wrist curls - reverse barbell curl

some x 50 x 2 some x 30 x 2

good pump. can’t wait to bench on tuesday.

week 2 of the new bench cycle. the weight is starting to get heavy. i hit a big milestone tonight. finally hit a 2 times BW bench. i’ve benched more and definitely plan to hit much higher over the next couple weeks but tonight’s 510 was exactly twice my bodywieght at 255 BW.

I decided to throw in foam press as the second movement. my plan was to go 10lbs above my full ROM bench and then back off to a 10lb jump from last week. everything went well until the back off set on the full ROM bench with 510. about 3/4’s of the way up my left tricep cramped right around the elbow. luckily i was able to muscle through it. next week i’ll probably use the foam as the sets leading up to my full ROM bench instead of going past and dropping back. that’s a lot of work for the triceps to handle.

floor press- very very long pause, legs straight
0x6
135x4
225x2
315x1
405x1
455x1
505x1 + 10LB WEIGHT PR!!!

foam press
135x2
225x1
315x1
405x1
455x1
520x1- this felt very fast and light

back off set-full ROM bench press
510x1 +10lbs from last week…wicked tricep cramp.

Dips
BW-pause at bottom x 22 + 2rep PR
BW-no pause x 30

cable crossover
80 x 50

good night… triceps are toast.

The fact that you hit that 2 x bwt bench after hitting such a heavy floor press and heavy foam presses is slightly insane. What, 3 ME exercises tonight? no fuggen wonder your triceps are fried.

[quote]PeteS wrote:
The fact that you hit that 2 x bwt bench after hitting such a heavy floor press and heavy foam presses is slightly insane. What, 3 ME exercises tonight? no fuggen wonder your triceps are fried. [/quote]

it was supposed to be two ME’s with the backoff set being part of the foam press equation. but… it was a lot of work to expect out of the ol’ triceps. i’ll be smarter (a little) next week.

“insane in the membrane”

Best part of that bench video was the guys in the back stopping and watching.

Happy to see you benching firmly over the 500 mark and healthy, Meat.

That was a long-ass pause on floor press!

thanks guys. i’m feeling good at the lower weight. I have a non sanctioned bench meet January 9th. my plan is to open with 500, then hit 515 and go 520 or more on my third.

Dang, skinny and strong. You will crush 520 at the meet.

Dude this strong at 255 can you bring it down to 250 ? Cuz cutting 8lbs is nothing ask KMNYC how for spot on same day cutting.

Awesome lifting. The elbow sleezes are they high up around your triceps or do they cover your elbows also -can’t tell and if high on arm why is that?

You are an inspiration Chris.

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:
Dude this strong at 255 can you bring it down to 250 ? Cuz cutting 8lbs is nothing ask KMNYC how for spot on same day cutting.

Awesome lifting. The elbow sleezes are they high up around your triceps or do they cover your elbows also -can’t tell and if high on arm why is that?

You are an inspiration Chris.

[/quote]

there’s really no point of cutting to 250… maybe 242 to make a lower weight class but that ain’t going to happen. besides, my reasons for competing have changed (for the better). all i care about is doing better than i did at the last meet. i go in, compete in the open, weigh whatever i weigh, and try to do better than last time. it makes life and lifting very simple.

the elbow sleeves are pulled up over the biceps and just over my elbow. i wear them more to protect my biceps when rowing heavy weight down on floor press or when doing fast reps on bench. the reversal from eccentric to concentric on bench with a heavy weight does a number on my biceps.

thanks man.

Nah you misunderstood. diet down to 250 stay there then as contest comes around drop the 8 pds for the 242’s.

Ah makes sense on the sleeves.

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:
Nah you misunderstood. diet down to 250 stay there then as contest comes around drop the 8 pds for the 242’s.

Ah makes sense on the sleeves.[/quote]

yeah… i don’t see that happening. i like eating and drinking too much.

510 is all you can bench? That’s only twice your bodyweight. You need to start working out a little harder.