Not as Fat Guy in a Little Coat

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
510 is all you can bench? That’s only twice your bodyweight. You need to start working out a little harder.[/quote]

i know… what do you expect from a weekend warrior.

people benching what I rack pull !!
nice work.

If you ever wanted to cut to 242 its really not much for you it would be a bowel movement, ear wax and some belly button lint.

still strong as an Oxe

I bet you’d do well at an event like the highland games. Ever had any interest??

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:

yeah… i don’t see that happening. i like eating and drinking too much. [/quote]

The reason I favor powerlifting over bodybuilding…this.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
510 is all you can bench? That’s only twice your bodyweight. You need to start working out a little harder.[/quote]

i know… what do you expect from a weekend warrior. [/quote]

Thanks for your posts and vids! You are setting a very high bar. Thanks for the inspiration!

[quote]studgorilla wrote:

[quote]ecogenx wrote:

i know… what do you expect from a weekend warrior. [/quote]

Thanks for your posts and vids! You are setting a very high bar. Thanks for the inspiration![/quote]

thanks hoss!!

squat/dead night. i left my gym bag at home tonight. luckily i had my belt. i had planned to do deficit pulls against bands. now that i’ve figured my deadlift i really need to strengthen my hips in that starting position. my plan is to work the deficits against bands until i can pull 600 from the deficit against bands.

last week when i did the full ROM front squats i slightly pulled a muscle in my hamstring right where it attaches in the ars. i felt it for a couple days. i didn’t want to aggrevate it so i kept it pretty conservative tonight.

deficit pulls
135x4
225x4
315x4
405x4
495x2
545x1

bottoms up front squat- didn’t want to take the chance of pulling the hammie with the reversal of a full front squat. i’m going to keep doing these for the next four weeks. hopefully i can get up to something close to 495. these are rediculous hard. you can’t appreciate how hard these are until you give them a try. it seems like forever before it starts to break off the pins when the weight gets heavy.

0x6
135x6
225x4
315x2
365x1
410x1 +5lb cheap PR

that’s it. played it conservative. hopefully i have some growing room over the next four weeks.

Meat,

Strict dieting aside (like, when you commit to losing XYZ pounds), do you pretty much just eat what you want? I know you said awhile back you were trying to hit like 400g protein or something, but when you’re cruising, do you just eat?

The past few months, since about late-summer, I’ve been just eating. Not all crap, but certainly not as judicious as before. I was trying a ‘recomp’ since January or so, and I thought it kind of worked-- weight went up, arms got a little bigger, waist stayed about the same.

I’m finding strength in eating, although I know it can’t go on like this much longer. Just curious as to your ‘food training’.

Nice work, Meat. I got a kick out of the guy in the muscle shirt in the background repping out on the overhead presses, then checking you out on your front squats.

Nice work,

I reaped some nice benefits doing the front pin squat like that.
what you said is so true- these are fooking hard.

Niiiice bottoms up s frontals dude… you have convinced me to throw front squats back into the mix. You make 'em look easy, and your form is impeccable. I lack the flexibilty to stay as upright as you through the movement.

By the way, I am starting to look around now for a 3 lift meet for sometime in the spring. Getting excited again…

[quote]mathineer wrote:
Nice work, Meat. I got a kick out of the guy in the muscle shirt in the background repping out on the overhead presses, then checking you out on your front squats.[/quote]

don’t let the muscle shirt fool you. he is part of an elite training team known as the LRB.

LRB stands for Latino Row and Bench. these guys have found out a way to maximize their time in the gym. they is no wasted down time. when one guy is benching, his partner is rowing the weight off his chest. i have seem sets where the bencher in the real world wouldn’t be able to bench 225 for one, but among these elitists they manage a mind boggling set of ten. there’s nothing more inspiring thans hearing the grunts from lifting big and then to see that the spotter is the one grunting.

awesome… awesome.

thanks hoss.

LRB is a very widespread phenomenon apparently, occuring from Virginia to Minnesota apparently. I witnessed it the other day myself.

[quote]mathineer wrote:
Nice work, Meat. I got a kick out of the guy in the muscle shirt in the background repping out on the overhead presses, then checking you out on your front squats.[/quote]

don’t let the muscle shirt fool you. he is part of an elite training team known as the LRB.

LRB stands for Latino Row and Bench. these guys have found out a way to maximize their time in the gym. they is no wasted down time. when one guy is benching, his partner is rowing the weight off his chest. i have seem sets where the bencher in the real world wouldn’t be able to bench 225 for one, but among these elitists they manage a mind boggling set of ten. there’s nothing more inspiring thans hearing the grunts from lifting big and then to see that the spotter is the one grunting.

awesome… awesome.

thanks hoss.

[/quote]

But have you seen the traps development on the spotter??!!?

[quote]PeteS wrote:
LRB is a very widespread phenomenon apparently, occuring from Virginia to Minnesota apparently. I witnessed it the other day myself. [/quote]

Geezus! I know it is only a matter of time before we have them up here! And when they hook up with the FTB Crew (see annex “a”)… we are screwed! And if they mate… the world will end as we know it. They are worse than those damn killer bees from Brazil…

annex “a”
FTB Crew noun (ef-tee-bee)- short form for “French Tricep Bicep”, a group of arrogant, loud and boisterous individuals originating from Quebec and Northern New Brunswick, now spread out over much of Canada… who attend gyms in various locations usually on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays nights about 30 minutes prior to closing and superset cable curls and bicep curls, usually with 2 persons spotting the primary exerciser. They can be heard often times yelling and screaming in french… mixed with english swear words.

Immediately after performing as many sets as possible, flexing in the mirror and pursing their lips, splash a little cologne on and off to the nearest techno dance bar while still pumped. These individuals sadly suffer from “ILS” as well… Imaginary Lats Syndrome… and walk around the interior and exterior of the bar like an oldtime gunslinger, or like they have invisible water melons under each arm.

:slight_smile:

Yo scott. Just sittin at home readin about glutes… lol

Check this out: Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

One thing you tell me all the time is to use my glutes to push through to lock the bar out… and ive said before that I have a hard time forcing that. Anyway, I thought this article was interesting.

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:

[quote]PeteS wrote:
LRB is a very widespread phenomenon apparently, occuring from Virginia to Minnesota apparently. I witnessed it the other day myself. [/quote]

Geezus! I know it is only a matter of time before we have them up here! And when they hook up with the FTB Crew (see annex “a”)… we are screwed! And if they mate… the world will end as we know it. They are worse than those damn killer bees from Brazil…

annex “a”
FTB Crew noun (ef-tee-bee)- short form for “French Tricep Bicep”, a group of arrogant, loud and boisterous individuals originating from Quebec and Northern New Brunswick, now spread out over much of Canada…

who attend gyms in various locations usually on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays nights about 30 minutes prior to closing and superset cable curls and bicep curls, usually with 2 persons spotting the primary exerciser. They can be heard often times yelling and screaming in french… mixed with english swear words.

Immediately after performing as many sets as possible, flexing in the mirror and pursing their lips, splash a little cologne on and off to the nearest techno dance bar while still pumped. These individuals sadly suffer from “ILS” as well… Imaginary Lats Syndrome… and walk around the interior and exterior of the bar like an oldtime gunslinger, or like they have invisible water melons under each arm. [/quote]

Dem sumbitches are like fireants and killer bees, steadily advancing north… Wait, fire ant and killer bee infestations are more desirable than LRB’s and FTB’s

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Meat,

Strict dieting aside (like, when you commit to losing XYZ pounds), do you pretty much just eat what you want? I know you said awhile back you were trying to hit like 400g protein or something, but when you’re cruising, do you just eat?

The past few months, since about late-summer, I’ve been just eating. Not all crap, but certainly not as judicious as before. I was trying a ‘recomp’ since January or so, and I thought it kind of worked-- weight went up, arms got a little bigger, waist stayed about the same.

I’m finding strength in eating, although I know it can’t go on like this much longer. Just curious as to your ‘food training’.[/quote]

i love the ol’ starchy carbs. when i cut those down the fat dropped off. i really don’t believe in making it difficult. i just slowly started replacing food with protein shakes. i eat three squares a day and four protein shakes. i’m definitely not really strict. i just do my best to keep good foods around. while at work i munch on a trail mix that i made out of walnuts, dried cranberrys, a few choclate pieces, peanuts and raisins. i also eat lowfat yogurt, and fruit throughout the day. meals are mostly protein with some multigrain carbs. very boring but it works for me. i find that if i try to get strict then i start craving things that i normally wouldn’t.

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
Niiiice bottoms up s frontals dude… you have convinced me to throw front squats back into the mix. You make 'em look easy, and your form is impeccable. I lack the flexibilty to stay as upright as you through the movement.

By the way, I am starting to look around now for a 3 lift meet for sometime in the spring. Getting excited again…[/quote]

good… i’m glad to hear you are getting back into competing. it helps to have a solid goal to make you more motivated.

the key to a good front squat is consciously forcing your elbows up throughout the lift. also to keep from leaning forward i lower the weight by forcing my knees out and letting my ass drop. it builds tension in the hips and keep the weight centered over the hips.