NFL Week One

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
The NFC team sent to the super bowl will be from the NFC east. This I sincerely believe. All the teams look stacked, with great depth, and have the best shot of showing up in the playoffs. The only spoilers could be Chicago, if they can score, and Atlanta. Carolina looked terrible. I believe that any NFC East team will hand Vick his ass right back to him.

Go SKINS! (Even if the first game blew) [/quote]

I agree that the NFC east will be very good this year, but don’t count out carolina they were missing Steve Smith last game. When he comes back from the hamstring troubles that team will get a whole lot better.

[quote]dre wrote:

I wouldn’t get your hopes up about Davenport if you are. I’ve witnessed first hand what a disappointment he has been. [/quote]

I see where you’re coming from, but the Steelers always seem to bring the best out of players.

Jerome Bettis was having some down years in St. Louis before he came to Pittsburgh. He turned out alright.

We shall see though, Davenport’s a 3rd string back in Pittsburgh anyway, if that. The Steelers are just obsessed with having a crapload of running backs.

off topic but i think it was the week of bad ref calls.

Only time will tell, but I think that Chicago’s offense may be better than everyone thought. If their offense could manage to go from shitty to average, then that defense could carry them a long way IMHO.

My god, not only do I have to deal with the Raiders sucking this year, I also have the University of Idaho as my football team here in Moscow. sigh

Mike

[quote]brunottfn wrote:
off topic but i think it was the week of bad ref calls.[/quote]

Yeah, but watch, we’ll look back on the season and want to say it about every week. The refs just seem to get worse every year.

The Jets looked great. I think drafting the two lineman in the first was a far greater addition than trying for Bush during the draft (Insant imapct anyway).

Ravens D will be dominate once again.

My seahawks looked like shit. They’d better get it together.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
My god, not only do I have to deal with the Raiders sucking this year, I also have the University of Idaho as my football team here in Moscow. sigh

Mike[/quote]

Man screw the football, I feel bad that you live in Idaho. I’ll remember to say a prayer for you tonight.

But on a serious note, the Raiders aren’t even two games into the season and it seems that the players have given up on Shell. Like I said its gonna be a very long season if things dont shape up quickly.

[quote]holifila wrote:

Yeah, but watch, we’ll look back on the season and want to say it about every week. The refs just seem to get worse every year.[/quote]

I think it’s the new uniforms. They look like zebras with birth defects…

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:

Mike[/quote]

Ouch! Moscow? That sucks. As a semi-proud WAZZU grad I understand what you are going through. Bad football and bad location. Double-wammy. I hated that freakin’ place. It’s probably snowing up there already.

Off topic, but I live in Georgia now and if there is even a POSSIBILITY of snow or sleet my kids schools are cancelled. Not so on the great Palouse, the bean and lentil capitol of the world. I remember VIVIDLY hiking to class uphill in 3 feet of snow with the temperature at a balmy -50 degrees (yes, negative 50). Wind howling, nose-hairs freezing, ice everywhere…God, I hated that place.

At least my license plate didn’t say “famous potatos”.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
holifila wrote:

Yeah, but watch, we’ll look back on the season and want to say it about every week. The refs just seem to get worse every year.

I think it’s the new uniforms. They look like zebras with birth defects…[/quote]

Agree!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Myllz wrote:
AFC East Standings:

New England Referees: 1-0
New Jersey Jets: 1-0
Buffalo Bills: 0-1
Miami Fish: 0-1

As of next week:

New England Referees: 2-0
Buffalo Bills - 1-1
New Jersey Jets: 1-1
Miami Fish - 0-2

Go Bills![/quote]

You and I might be the only ones on this site that are Bills fans. The Bills are the red-headed step child of the NFL it seems. Ahhh…the good old 90’s

[quote]Myllz wrote:
AFC East Standings:

New England Referees: 1-0
New Jersey Jets: 1-0
Buffalo Bills: 0-1
Miami Fish: 0-1

As of next week:

New England Referees: 2-0
Buffalo Bills - 1-1
New Jersey Jets: 1-1
Miami Fish - 0-2[/quote]

Man I’m tired of being right!

[quote]harris447 wrote:
hedo wrote:
malonetd wrote:
harris447 wrote:
The only thing that’s kept me from tears is that the hated Redskins, Eagles, and Cowboys are 0-1, too.

???
The Eagles won their game.

Won it convincingly!

You’re right. Totally blanked. Wishful thinking.[/quote]

At the end of today’s game I was actually hoping the frickin Eagles lost. Talk about blowing a game…holy crap.