NFL 2012 Off season and DRAFT

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Plus, Manning’s gotta like the Niners more than the Broncos or the Cardinals. Better coach, new stadium in two years, best defense he’s ever played with, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Moss, and the cap room for a big contract. If the Niners are genuinely interested, he’d be a fool to sign with anyone else.[/quote]

Agreed. The defense is together as it was last year, and last year’s unit played a stellar season of football. Two good running backs can also help take the pressure off Peyton. Fuck, I’m getting nervous thinking about the potential power house.

Side note, the Cardinals are reportedly out of the mix.

Side side note, I think my Pack are actually targeting Kendall Langford from Miami. That would be an excellent addition, as we really need a good run-stopping 3-4 end alongside Raji and Pickett.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Plus, Manning’s gotta like the Niners more than the Broncos or the Cardinals. Better coach, new stadium in two years, best defense he’s ever played with, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Moss, and the cap room for a big contract. If the Niners are genuinely interested, he’d be a fool to sign with anyone else.[/quote]

Right now the Titans have a little more solid of a line (based on last years stats but that could also be due to some QB’s that held the ball way too long).

No too mention I wouldn’t call Moss a swing vote, they couldn’t get the guy to perform in the Pats system.

can’t believe AZ kept that fucking kolb. gonna go out and shoot every redbird I see.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Right now the Titans have a little more solid of a line (based on last years stats but that could also be due to some QB’s that held the ball way too long).

No too mention I wouldn’t call Moss a swing vote, they couldn’t get the guy to perform in the Pats system.[/quote]

Playing in Tennessee is FAR less desirable than playing for San Francisco. The offensive line definitely isn’t better and the Niners are expected to sign Leonard Davis anyways. Moss isn’t a swing vote, but between him and the Titans’ receivers, Moss is the only one Manning has ever even heard of. There’s nothing about Tennessee that could possibly be any sort of factor in luring him away from SF.

Matt Flynn to Seattle for three years at $26 million with $10 million guaranteed. Manningham to SF. Winston to KC. Lloyd to NE.
drafts picks are gonna change for a lot of teams,

This has already got to be one of the strangest offseasons so far as a Dolphins fan.

I can only think it must be Ireland/Ross putting these guys off.

On the plus side David Garrard has a visit scheduled tomorrow…

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

No too mention I wouldn’t call Moss a swing vote, they couldn’t get the guy to perform in the Pats system.[/quote]

Playing in Tennessee is FAR less desirable than playing for San Francisco. The offensive line definitely isn’t better and the Niners are expected to sign Leonard Davis anyways. Moss isn’t a swing vote, but between him and the Titans’ receivers, Moss is the only one Manning has ever even heard of. There’s nothing about Tennessee that could possibly be any sort of factor in luring him away from SF.[/quote]

LOL that is why I put the part about QB’s holding the ball too long (which Orton, Tebow and Smith all had a tendency to do).

Denver has a solid O line, running game and receivers. The defense didn’t do too bad of a job last year either.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Playing in Tennessee is FAR less desirable than playing for San Francisco. The offensive line definitely isn’t better and the Niners are expected to sign Leonard Davis anyways. Moss isn’t a swing vote, but between him and the Titans’ receivers, Moss is the only one Manning has ever even heard of. There’s nothing about Tennessee that could possibly be any sort of factor in luring him away from SF.[/quote]

Sorry but you are a Homer.

I have no dog in this race DB, however he would be fucking adored in Tennessee, I am from there so I hear this shit every year at family reunions. Peyton is a God in Tennessee and personally I feel he would love to stick it in and break it off into all the teams in the AFC south.

SF has Moss/Manningham/Davis, throw Crabtree in there if he can get his head straight… I’d be shocked if Peyton isn’t going there now after that Manningham acquisition.

[quote]red04 wrote:
SF has Moss/Manningham/Davis, throw Crabtree in there if he can get his head straight… I’d be shocked if Peyton isn’t going there now after that Manningham acquisition.[/quote]

Being a Steeler fan the off-season is pretty much a deadzone.

Never.
Sign.
Anyone.

Which isn’t a bad thing really, they take care of there own first. Now if I was a Skin’s fan different story :wink:

Quit fucking around Wallace. Pittsburgh will offer you a fair deal, not a rich deal, hurry up and choose.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

Never.
Sign.
Anyone.

Which isn’t a bad thing really, they take care of there own first. Now if I was a Skin’s fan different story :wink:

Quit fucking around Wallace. Pittsburgh will offer you a fair deal, not a rich deal, hurry up and choose. [/quote]

He is going to be a Raven :wink:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]redstar144 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Hillis to Chiefs

RED you going to be happy about this?[/quote]

Yup I’m pleased about it. It’s a one year 3million contract so it’s low risk with potentially great reward. If he plays like he did 2 years ago I’ll be delighted if not we havent really lost much. I reckon we will pick up a back in the draft anyway.

You must be pleased about landing Carr he is a solid corner should help you guys out a lot. [/quote]

Very I wanted Carr not Finnegan, Carr is younger and better cover corner. Now just need some more depth and attitude on defense.

Who is replacing Carr?[/quote]

Cowboys scored on Carr. If you can play corner well in Dallas they will name their kids after you. If you suck look out lol. It seems like QB and CB are the two most loved but scrutunized postions in Dallas.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]redstar144 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Hillis to Chiefs

RED you going to be happy about this?[/quote]

Yup I’m pleased about it. It’s a one year 3million contract so it’s low risk with potentially great reward. If he plays like he did 2 years ago I’ll be delighted if not we havent really lost much. I reckon we will pick up a back in the draft anyway.

You must be pleased about landing Carr he is a solid corner should help you guys out a lot. [/quote]

Very I wanted Carr not Finnegan, Carr is younger and better cover corner. Now just need some more depth and attitude on defense.

Who is replacing Carr?[/quote]

Cowboys scored on Carr. If you can play corner well in Dallas they will name their kids after you. If you suck look out lol. It seems like QB and CB are the two most loved but scrutunized postions in Dallas.

[/quote]

Yea pretty much, we flipped the D and looks like flipping the OL last year and this. It needed to be done, I expected a down year last year and predicted the 8-8.

Now this season will be different, waiting to see what happens with the draft.

How is Big Ben going to get along with Haley?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Never.
Sign.
Anyone.

Quit fucking around Wallace. Pittsburgh will offer you a fair deal, not a rich deal, hurry up and choose. [/quote]

He is going to be a Raven ;)[/quote]

DJ, Big Ben and Haley will clash for sure but if they are both pros about it could be really something to watch with those weapons on offence. I hope they mike those two up during the season. I can see it now, Haley will be glaring at Ben and he in turn will be pointing at the scoreboard implying " we scored didn’t we, as he blows imaginery smoke from two pistol barrels lol".

Ben definetly had alot to say about play calling with Arians as OC. Now with Haley as OC I think Ben will have to do what he’s told so to speak. His gunslinger days are for the most part behind him. I think you’ll see a different Ben here on out. He’ll still scramble and shit but that ankle could bother him for years if it keeps getting tweaked. I firmly believe he’s got atleast one more SB to win, maybe two.

DJ, Big Ben and Haley will clash for sure but if they are both pros about it could be really something to watch with those weapons on offence. I hope they mike those two up during the season. I can see it now, Haley will be glaring at Ben and he in turn will be pointing at the scoreboard implying " we scored didn’t we, as he blows imaginery smoke from two pistol barrels lol".

Ben definetly had alot to say about play calling with Arians as OC. Now with Haley as OC I think Ben will have to do what he’s told so to speak. His gunslinger days are for the most part behind him. I think you’ll see a different Ben here on out. He’ll still scramble and shit but that ankle could bother him for years if it keeps getting tweaked. I firmly believe he’s got atleast one more SB to win, maybe two.

[/quote]
I have heard him in interviews talking about he gets “into” the game after taking a few hits. I know he is a big fucker and I kind of like the old school mentality BUT he will start breaking down like he did at the end of last year.

You cant win the Superbowl sitting on the sidelines hurt.

Being reported on ESPN Manning to the Broncos!

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
[/quote]

Yep interesting.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
[/quote]

Yep interesting. [/quote]

So does Miami go after Tebow?