NFL 2012 Off season and DRAFT

Okay was asked to start this thread.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency?module=HP11_hot_topics

damn I was hoping that Dallas was in the mix for him.

$130 million, wow.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82797e12/article/lions-seal-up-star-wr-johnson-with-eightyear-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

I know right, I mean he is awesome, but come on man.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I know right, I mean he is awesome, but come on man.[/quote]

Exactly.

Where does Peyton land? Looks like Titans, Broncos, and Cardinals are the top 3.

I’d be pissed if I was Jake Locker and Peyton came to the Titans. That means at least 3 more years of sitting on the sideline, then again look at Aaron Rodgers.

If I was Peyton I’d go to Arizona and bring Dallas Clark with me.

[quote]S C 0 0 Z E wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Exactly.

Where does Peyton land? Looks like Titans, Broncos, and Cardinals are the top 3.

I’d be pissed if I was Jake Locker and Peyton came to the Titans. That means at least 3 more years of sitting on the sideline, then again look at Aaron Rodgers.

If I was Peyton I’d go to Arizona and bring Dallas Clark with me.[/quote]

I think he will go to Denver personally, I dont think he wants to go to NFC and Arizona has some OL issues, Fitz is great, but Peyton does have a fucked up neck.

I still think its between Donkeys and Fish

So let’s assume that these high-profile FA signings work out fine for wherever Manning lands, TB, CHI, DAL, HOU etc…

Is the NFC South now the scariest division in football?

Or is it still worse to be like MIN? (ie. looking up in the NFC North)

Bucky Brooks just wrote an article saying the Bears now have the best offense in the NFC North after acquiring Brandon Marshall. He needs to be lobotomized.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]S C 0 0 Z E wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Exactly.

If I was Peyton I’d go to Arizona and bring Dallas Clark with me.[/quote]

I think he will go to Denver personally, I dont think he wants to go to NFC and Arizona has some OL issues, Fitz is great, but Peyton does have a fucked up neck.

I still think its between Donkeys and Fish[/quote]

In Denver were being told it’s between us and the Titans, our advantage is the $45mil in cap room.

yay Brandon Marshall! A step up for the Bears, that’s for sure. Best offense? LOL.

I cannot figure out that Marshall trade from the Dolphins perspective at all.

I know he is a bit unhinged, but you get that with most top receivers. 2 3rd rounders just doesn’t seem enough.

If they knew they were going to trade him why didn’t they dangle him in front of the St Louis Rams as a make weight for number 2 pick and RGIII?

Buggered if I know.

Hillis to Chiefs

RED you going to be happy about this?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Hillis to Chiefs

RED you going to be happy about this?[/quote]

Yup I’m pleased about it. It’s a one year 3million contract so it’s low risk with potentially great reward. If he plays like he did 2 years ago I’ll be delighted if not we havent really lost much. I reckon we will pick up a back in the draft anyway.

You must be pleased about landing Carr he is a solid corner should help you guys out a lot.

[quote]redstar144 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Hillis to Chiefs

Yup I’m pleased about it. It’s a one year 3million contract so it’s low risk with potentially great reward. If he plays like he did 2 years ago I’ll be delighted if not we havent really lost much. I reckon we will pick up a back in the draft anyway.

You must be pleased about landing Carr he is a solid corner should help you guys out a lot. [/quote]

Very I wanted Carr not Finnegan, Carr is younger and better cover corner. Now just need some more depth and attitude on defense.

Who is replacing Carr?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]redstar144 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Hillis to Chiefs

You must be pleased about landing Carr he is a solid corner should help you guys out a lot. [/quote]

Very I wanted Carr not Finnegan, Carr is younger and better cover corner. Now just need some more depth and attitude on defense.

Who is replacing Carr?[/quote]

We signed Stanford Routt and we have Arenas so it’ll be open competition between the two of them. Either way it’s a downgrade though.

Sad to see Hillis go but I guess all the drama recently just added up.

I figured for awhile now he’d go sign a decent 1 year deal with someone on a sort of 'if you go back to your ‘10 performance you’ll get serious cash money next season’ agreement; the Browns offered him something similar but I don’t think it was near 3 mil(I’ve been lazy about checking NFL stuff lately, I’m a big college BBall fan so the end of regular season+conference tourneys had me distracted).

Skins now have Garcon and Morgan. Don’t know much about Morgan so I’m not so sure on that pickup. Also looking into Royal. I guess we need to make a decision on Moss, Armstrong, Gaffney, Stallworth, and Hankerson. I’m praying they keep Hankerson as I think he has a ton of potential. Not sure out of the others who I would still want to keep- maybe Moss in the slot?

Mario Williams is a Bill

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Mario Williams is a Bill[/quote]

That’s a relief. I would have hated to see him go to the Pats.

Wow if JC can make a full comeback, Hillis seems like the perfect complementary back there