Newbie, might be a very stupid question

Hi all, I am a Newbie, and I think I’m finally getting over my ego, and that I can’t do it all myself! I’m 41 years old, and I’m just starting out on my journey, and hopefully can build this into a lifestyle. (Hopefully, that doesn’t sound too much like Instagram influencer jargon), so I need wiser heads for advice, but I feel that this is a very very stupid question: I’m looking to build a home gym, and to augment the very basic stuff I’ve already got – two 18 kg, kettle, bells and weight bench.

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/dumbbells/adjustable-dumbbells/loadable-20-inch-olympic-dumbbell-handles---pair/430365.html. I came across this, and using this, as a general example, as well, not just this specific piece of equipment, I’m freaked out by the Cancer and reproductive harm warning. I mean, I also want to buy other things, like paralletes And/or dip bars and other stuff, but in essence, I’m quite freaked out, so I fear this may be a really silly noob question, I’m in the UK, and most of the fitness sites I go on, like the particular one I linked to, are U.S.-based.

1 Like

That is a required warning by the state of CA.

As long as you don’t eat the equipment, you’ll be ok.

Please don’t eat the equipment. Have a Finibar instead. They taste much better.

4 Likes

Thanks, that’s fantastic.

I’ve been reading T nation , for about 10 to 12 years, but this is the first time I’ve worked up the confidence to post; I think I’ll start posting more, because everyone seems so nice and helpful.

3 Likes

Wood is Good!

2 Likes

Thanks

Welcome! I’m glad you worked up the nerve to post - we’re all sorts of everything here. I like to represent for the eternal beginners in the club.

1 Like

Thanks, hope I can be a constructive member of the community.

1 Like

Nope!

8 Likes