New Formatting Look

Weird shit…I couldn’t log in, but by creating a new account with a different username, I logged into my pre-updated interface.

Well, as a negative nancy: this sucks a lot more than it did, and I’m realiy reconsidering what time I want to spend here anymore. The backgroundcolor hurts my eyes, the interface is about 0.0001% as userfriendly as it was, and where this always seemed to be a sweatpit on the cheesy interwebz…it now really turned into pretty darn cute microsoft-inbred. Just like al those goddamn new Office apps which even have the creators of them questioning what their purpose is. That all with a hint of ugly-ass emoji’s ala facebook.

The only good thing for most users I see, is that you don’t need to akwardly hide that fine young lady on the banter on the side anymore when at Uni/work/etc.

Oke guys, enough pressure of the valve right here. I understand the old interface was outdated, but bring some of those features back. I always felt the yellow on black texts were easy on the eyes and gave a edgy feel. Or just anything you could turn back at all. It now feels so much like…all the other crappy sites…

1 Like

Thank you for this, much more palatable.

Bingo. This feels like some corny “social media” thing. Keeps me from wanting to frequent the site in all honesty.

1 Like

Have not been a member for long but have been a long time reader of this great site.
I am not in any way a tech savvy guy. From the point of view of a simpleton such as myself I agree with many others that the old format of the site was much more user friendly, especially when trying to read posts and quotes from a particular forum or contributer. Thankyou

1 Like

Many browsers allow you to customize. I prefer the black background also, using Firefox I was able to quickly adjust the page background to black by going to “preferences”–>“content”–>“colors”.

1 Like

I have to admit, I start to hate it less. Admitted there are some nice add-ons. Besides, is the background a more muted white, since my eye balls don’t burn anymore.

Maybe we’re all a bit oversentimental, or at least me. And since most ironheads aren’t IT guys, we are blown away with these fancy new tech. I will give it some time atleast.

Holy cow this is so much better. Thanks for the tip.

Doesnt look possible on chrome… Sigh. I cant imagine it would be too difficult to enable a “night mode” that simply changes the BGCOLOR and the Text Color at the push of a button.

Seems like about 50% of the posters prefer it

Use this.

Edited link.

That extension is only for the google home page :confused:

Apologies. Linked to the wrong extension. Just fixed it.

It took me about 5 minutes to decide I like the new format. It seems easier to read, although I haven’t tried it on my iPad yet.

It certainly addresses on issue I had with the old forum, which was too much white (black?) space. On the old forum there as minimum height, dictated by the side bar. It seems less here. The blank space seems to be reduced quite a bit. The line spacing is fairly good. With a sans serif font you need more space between lines, but the space between elements was a bit too much. The padding might be a bit too much for my taste. I think it could be tightened up even more. One thing I hate on a tablet is blank space.

Although I like it overall, there is one bad thing: the new forum doesn’t look manly enough. It’s like working out in a gym painted some modern mauve color. It’s efficient, it works pretty well, but it’s not the right atmosphere. This is T-Nation for crissakes! Add some detail to the design that makes a man want to be here.

I like the interface, it takes some getting used to but now you don’t have to page jump as much.

I would like a black background theme, many other sites have theme selections. And I want this for medical reasons. The massive white page could negatively impact users testosterone levels. Now follow me here, as blue light waves suppress melatonin production, which can effect REM sleep, which we all know is critical for maintaining our test levels. It would go counter to this site’s name to negatively impact user’s test levels.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone has been using the Biotest forums, they made this format transition a couple of months ago, so I’ve had some time to get used to it. While the new layout and colors take a little adjusting, overall I think it’s a more efficient, user friendly format. Some things I’ve noticed:

-Easier to upload pictures, you can drag and drop them right into your post and put them anywhere you want.
-You can tag people by using the @ symbol and everyone that’s posted in the thread will come up, easy to direct a question/comment/reply to a specific person.
-You can customize notifications for each specific thread.

Took some getting used to but I don’t really notice the changes anymore. So far it looks like we’ve found ways to adjust the background color on Firefox and Chrome, Safari has an extension but it’s only useable in “reader” mode. Anyone have any luck in Safari?

All the negatives have been covered and I agree with all of them.

However, things I like:

The post/thread count in the bottom right hand corner.
Being able to view all posts while composing a reply while also giving one the option of adding an attachment.
Frequent posters list (helps me stalk Testy1)
Popular Links and Suggested Topics are ok, I’ll just ignore them if they become irrelevant.
Greater control over profile settings.

Suggestion: Consider bringing back PMs but tie them to some kind of incentive. Maybe they’re active for people who have been members of the site for a year, or who have >100 posts, or who have a training log. You’re all smart people, figure out a way to make it work.

1 Like

I, for one, applaud the background being changed to white. Since every other website has been using white-on-black since 1998, or so, it was a welcome change to not have to dink around with settings just to get this one site looking normal. In the past, after reading an article or two here and then going back to the ‘regular internet’ was such a contrast I would see ghost images from the contrast change.

Most of you whiners pretty much sound/look like this:

:slightly_smiling:

Been busy at work and this is the first time I’ve had the chance to comment.

I’m sure this took a fair bit of work to get working.

My only real comment is “damn son, that is an awful lot of change all at one time”. (Note that isn’t a positive or negative review.) Going to take some time to get used to.

EDIT: edit function seems to work pretty well, so good job on that.

Here is what I like:
The number of posts on a page loads proportional to how much you scroll down. This makes it much easier to view all posts and not have to jump back and fourth between pages

I like that you can type a post without going to a separate page. I like that the preview shows in real time too. This is much faster.

Here is what I don’t like:
The color scheme needs work (not enough contrast and I prefer a warmer color map)
some log-in issues.
The banner up top sometimes interferes with the log in credentials page.

Can I view ‘recent activity’ as per the old layout?

Rather than clicking on each topic and scrolling to the end… it’s the main thing I miss from the old site.

(Forgive my IT ignorance if there is such a button here still).

From a work perspective it looks more like a normal site - so easier to view while at my work desk.

There’s a “latest” button/link