New Excuse For Being Fat!

[quote]adubswils wrote:
yorik wrote:
It’s funny, but with a positive attitude like hers, the girl in that video is probably the most likely to actually lose weight.

I think the positive attitude is a mask for whats actually going on. You can tell when she talks about blaming everything on being fat. This is pretty much a plea “I wish I was not fat,” that has transformed into a plea of, “please let me and others accept my fatness,” because she hasnt the discipline to actually make the changes she wants.

I have known plenty of fat people. Many of them joke about it. But they do that to mask whats happening internally. None of them are actually comfortable with how they look.

My understanding is that the current research suggests that the contribution of genetics to fatness is very small by comparison to the contribution of behavior. Yet our increasingly obese generations are focusing on the genetic factors. I think its symptomatic of the other forms of laziness and unfounded sense of deserving people in wealthy countries seem to be cultivating. [/quote]

So you’ve actually had telepathic communications with a fat person to know what goes on inside an obese person’s head. That’s fucking AMAZING!

Or, more likely, you’re just transferring your person attitudes to them for no good reason.

Never assume you know what another person is thinking or feeling.

On a different note, it’s funny how the fat bigots on this site talk about fat people having psychological problems, and then turn right around and psychologically abuse the fat people themselves.

Scumbags.

[quote]yorik wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
adubswils wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:

Did we actually watch the same video?

And your “understanding” is wrong.

We watched the same video. Apparently Ive known more fat people than you.

I think your second statement has been addressed by lucasa

Good for you. I’ve known plenty of fat people. Have you ever actually been a fat person?

Lucasa proved nothing more than what I had already said. There are no absolutes.

You sound like a reasonable man, so please quit this argument while you still have your sanity![/quote]

Good advice.

Is it just me or does 64% of obese people having the FTO gene not seem at all statistically significant? What percentage of normal people have this gene? What is the p-value for a sample statistic of 64% given the normal population standard?

[quote]pookie wrote:
JMac10 wrote:
where was all the fat people 50 years ago. i mean there was always the one fat kid in the class, but now being in shape is the minority. its now, lets make fun of that one in shape kid in the class.

Our genes are pretty much the same as they were 50 years ago.

What’s changed a lot, especially for kids, is the sitting down done in their lifestyle.

It used to be, if you wanted to play cops and robbers, you went outside and ran around the neighborhood with plastic guns. Now they put Grand Theft Auto 3 in their PS2.

Many kids go from sitting in front of the TV at breakfast, to sitting in class, to sitting in front of a computer to chat, to sitting on the couch to play videogames and then to bed. Add cola, twinkies and pizza pockets to the mix and you get the current lardbucket generation.

It’s not genes that are the problem, but rather Jeans. The backside of which see about 5 minutes of daylight a day.
[/quote]

My dad got remarried to my step-mom (obviously), and they have now become the perfect stereotypical suburban cookie-cutter family everyone hates. Without getting into THAT, they’re both fat now. My dad has turned into “Steve” from Atomic Dog, and the rest of his life [including his wife and new kid] follow suit with the story.

I was the fat kid, and my whole family is fat. What’s worse is that I now have a 3 year old little brother, and there will eventually be another one on the way, and they will no doubt be fat.

I try to give everyone in my family advice, but they all poke fun at my lifestyle. They make jokes about how I eat egg whites and plain oatmeal for breakfast while they spew sugar laden crossiants, cinnabons, and donuts out of their mouths. They refer to my BCAA’s and Surge as “drugs.” I can only imagine what they would do if they found out I was taking gasp creatine!

Anyway, I told my dad that Matt (my little bro) will no doubt be the fat kid like we all were, and he said, “Oh well it’s ok, he eats fine when he’s with Joanna [my step mom]”

BULLSHIT, he eats pizza, trans/saturated fat and sugar LOADED ice cream bars, fast food constantly, and everything else and soon-to-be fat kid would have in his arsenal. It’s all justified however by the cup of apple juice he gets every so often.

I tried to make him eat a little piece of tomato one time and I was scolded for it because he’s a little fucking miracle sent from God himself, and if he doesn’t want a tomato, then God dammit he doesn’t need one.

I won’t go into the way they’re raising this kid otherwise (letting him tell them no all the time, and him a spoiled little punk), but basically it depresses me that he no doubt will be a fat kid when it could EASILY be prevented.

I just felt like I’d chime in with this, and tell you how much it fucking pisses me off.

[quote]yorik wrote:
So you’ve actually had telepathic communications with a fat person to know what goes on inside an obese person’s head. That’s fucking AMAZING!
[/quote]

She stated in her video, quite clearly, what actually goes on in her mind during a normal day. She obviously isnt comfortable with her weight.

[quote]adubswils wrote:
yorik wrote:

She stated in her video, quite clearly, what actually goes on in her mind during a normal day. She obviously isnt comfortable with her weight. [/quote]

Again I think you were watching a “different” video, or at least not paying attention. She was mocking fat people and their stereotypes, but not in a mean way. When she appeared to be talking to herself insulting herself, she was just giving examples of how some fat people think about themselves. She immediately would follow up those thoughts with her feelings.

I’ve never seen a person more comfortable with their weight in my life.

Watch it again.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
adubswils wrote:
yorik wrote:

She stated in her video, quite clearly, what actually goes on in her mind during a normal day. She obviously isnt comfortable with her weight.

Again I think you were watching a “different” video, or at least not paying attention. She was mocking fat people and their stereotypes, but not in a mean way. When she appeared to be talking to herself insulting herself, she was just giving examples of how some fat people think about themselves. She immediately would follow up those thoughts with her feelings.

I’ve never seen a person more comfortable with their weight in my life.

Watch it again.[/quote]

From the video:

Clearly speaking from her perspective.
“No more hiding at home because I look lumpy in my workout clothes.”

“What if I sweat the most. What if I cant keep up. What if somebody laughs at the fat girl running around the track”

Notice how brief the “swimsuit scene” is.

Later in the short:
“And dont, oh, dont use being fat as an excuse. Holy crap I’m good at that.”
emphasis mine.

She goes on to list some examples: “They’re not going to hire me. Im fat. They wont like me. Im fat. That guy would never ask me out. Im fat.”
She is citing her own thoughts in this scene. She can go on and on about how terrible her personality is (which suggests to me that the emotional problems reinforced by her weight problem affect other parts of her life), but that doesnt erase the fact that her weight is always on her mind.

Her making a video pleaing for herself to overcome the emotional problems she is dealing with is NOT her being comfortable with her weight. None of the issues she is dealing with are going to go away until she gets the discipline to deal with her weight problem. I think she made this video to develop some false confidence. And based on what I have cited I think this is a valid conclusion.

[quote]adubswils wrote:
…She goes on to list some examples: “They’re not going to hire me. Im fat. They wont like me. Im fat. That guy would never ask me out. Im fat.”
She is citing her own thoughts in this scene. She can go on and on about how terrible her personality is (which suggests to me that the emotional problems reinforced by her weight problem affect other parts of her life), but that doesnt erase the fact that her weight is always on her mind.
…[/quote]

I think the point that you missed is that she’s giving up all those negative thoughts. Those thoughts were in the past.

She first has to be happy with herself as a person. That sounds like pop culture psychobabble, but there’s a lot of truth to it.

[quote]yorik wrote:
adubswils wrote:
…She goes on to list some examples: “They’re not going to hire me. Im fat. They wont like me. Im fat. That guy would never ask me out. Im fat.”

I think the point that you missed is that she’s giving up all those negative thoughts. Those thoughts were in the past.

She first has to be happy with herself as a person. That sounds like pop culture psychobabble, but there’s a lot of truth to it.[/quote]

Exactly.

To adubswils- She is telling fat people NOT to think like that. I honestly don’t believe this is some form of therapy for her trying to convince herself that being fat is okay. I can see how you would think that though since you are looking at this video in a different perspective.