Never Remake These Films

Would a hick from the sticks called Billy bob Bodean even be aware that he is alliterate?

Berry Gordy’s The Last Dragon
Aliens, from the first to Resurrection
Gremlins
To Kill A Mockingbird
Roots
A Wrinkle In Time

Any John Wayne movie.

[quote]Grneyes wrote:
Any John Wayne movie.[/quote]
Eastwood, too.

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

John Wayne sucks and True Grit (remake) was better.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

John Wayne sucks and True Grit (remake) was better.[/quote]

This!!!

ET

Any Coen Brothers movie but especially “The Big Lebowski” and “Raising Arizona”

I know they have done a “Pink Panther” movie but they should never touch “The Pink Panther Strikes Again” never!
^All of Seller’s scenes started out so subtly but then just dissolved into the ridiculous and chaos. I want to pick the final scene at the castle with the laughing gas, but then there is the slow mo fight scene with his man servant and visiting Dreyfus at the nut house…

[quote]Rodimus Black wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

This!!! [/quote]
yup, I saw both. Remake = much better.

I do love me some spaghetti westerns. They should remake those movies… yeah I said it. WHAT!

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

This!!! [/quote]
yup, I saw both. Remake = much better.

I do love me some spaghetti westerns. They should remake those movies… yeah I said it. WHAT![/quote]

Redo all of John Wayne’s movies, as he sucked serious donkey dick. No talent at all, in my opinion.

Leave Clint Eastwood’s flicks alone. That dude was the TRUTH!!!

Same for Charles Bronson. Certifiable badass.

Don’t touch Glory.

Don’t redo any Humphrey Bogart flicks.

Laurel & Hardy

I’m cringing every time The Three Stooges are mentioned.

Cat People

Top Gun

Young Guns

Lost Boys

American Werewolf in London

The Howling

Grease, only because I truly HATE the movie.

The Wraith

Cooley High

The first Power Rangers movie. (F*** you, I was 7 and it was amazing when it came out. Dont murder my childhood.)

Bevis and Butthead: Do America.

The first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

Donnie Darko.

Pulp Fiction.

Resivoir Dogs.

Natural Born Killers.

A Clockwork Orange.

The Truman Show.

The Evil Dead series.

Scarface.

Dog Day Afternoon.

Dazed and Confused.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Blow.

The Breakfast Club.

Ferris Beuler’s Day Off.

Spaceballs.

Tremors.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?.

Ace Ventura.

Liar, Liar.

The Pest.

Full Metal Jacket.

Apocalypse Now.

Howard Stern: Private Parts.

Side note: I wish Rob Zombie, Chris Nolen, and Tarentino would remake a lot of the crap movies that have come out that HAD huge hype and never lived up to it. Zombie perfected Halloween. Nolen humanized one of the most infamous superheros of all time (I might actually be okay with the thought of Nolen ever remaking a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie). and Tarentio is just a bad-ass.

Also, no one should ever remake a David Lynch film or anything from Stephen King. Lynch cant be understood and I dont ever want to see another effing clown.

The Godfather 1 and 2

Redo all of John Wayne’s movies, as he sucked serious donkey dick. No talent at all, in my opinion.
[/quote]

Thank God somebody finally said it. The guy was a piece of wood in all aspects.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

Thank God somebody finally said it. The guy was a piece of wood in all aspects.
[/quote]

John Wayne is one topic I RELISH discussing with the older folks, as just mentioning his name makes me angry. Another one: Elvis fucking Presley. Not impressed at all. I’ve honestly tried to be objective about that dude, however, the jury returned with a guilty verdict on all counts of suckassery.

I’m gonna add the movie “Critters” to this list of untouchables, and Untouchables, too!

Good that someone mentioned the Stephen King flicks.

Leave all Dean Koontz books alone.

Do NOT attempt to make a movie out of Laurell K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake series.

Rosemary’s Baby

Volcano High (Korean)

To the poster who said Rob Zombie “perfected” Halloween…you are a mongoloid and should no longer post in threads about movies. While I enjoy the Zombie remakes, John Carpenter’s original is one of the greatest horror films of all time for the sheer fact that it already was perfect, brought an entire genre to life, and we have it to thank (or hate in some cases) for the sheer number of horror and slasher films out there today.

Jase,

Didn’t Psycho come out before Halloween? Pretty sure it did, and pretty sure that could be called a slasher flick, too.

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
To the poster who said Rob Zombie “perfected” Halloween…you are a mongoloid and should no longer post in threads about movies. While I enjoy the Zombie remakes, John Carpenter’s original is one of the greatest horror films of all time for the sheer fact that it already was perfect, brought an entire genre to life, and we have it to thank (or hate in some cases) for the sheer number of horror and slasher films out there today.[/quote]

I readily admit the original was amazing. But Michael Meyers in the original was too mechanical. Zombie did a phenominal job in portraying the upbringing of Michael and the downfall of his pyche. That an Zombie knows how to film a blood bath of epic proportions and still keep it close to reality - something that was most definately left out of the origninal.

But I think this boils down to a matter of preference. So, we can agree to disagree.

[quote]MeGusta wrote:

I readily admit the original was amazing. But Michael Meyers in the original was too mechanical. Zombie did a phenominal job in portraying the upbringing of Michael and the downfall of his pyche. That an Zombie knows how to film a blood bath of epic proportions and still keep it close to reality - something that was most definately left out of the origninal.

But I think this boils down to a matter of preference. So, we can agree to disagree.[/quote]

Zombie did a great job with the remake. While I wouldn’t say it was superior to the original, as you mentioned it added a whole new dimension to Myers. While it’s always cool having a bloodthirsty, remorseless killer on the loose in a horror film, I personally like knowing a bit more about WHY they became like that. The original touched on it, and the remake went into much greater detail.

I’m not easily disturbed by what I see in a film, but that scene where Michael beats that kid to death, with a stick, IN THE STOMACH was pretty fucking unsettling. And amazing.

[quote]MeGusta wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
To the poster who said Rob Zombie “perfected” Halloween…you are a mongoloid and should no longer post in threads about movies. While I enjoy the Zombie remakes, John Carpenter’s original is one of the greatest horror films of all time for the sheer fact that it already was perfect, brought an entire genre to life, and we have it to thank (or hate in some cases) for the sheer number of horror and slasher films out there today.[/quote]

But I think this boils down to a matter of preference. So, we can agree to disagree.[/quote]

I value your points, the only thing I will say is that Michael coming off mechanical was one of the huge reasons why that film series frightened me for so long. A relentless, psychopath that just kept coming. Zombie turned him into just a brute in my opinion.

Beast, very true, but I’ve always considered Psycho and the majority of Hitchcock’s films to be separate from the earlier horror series. It certainly did have a huge influence on how to properly set the tone and overall suspense of a film through music and camera angles though.

I’ve never seen a John Wayne movie or a Clint Eastwood Western.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Blade Runner[/quote]

I’ll take this a step further. I don’t think the film did the original novel justice (“Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?” - Philip K. Dick). It was a good movie in and of itself, but if you knew the novel first, there’s much to be desired.

All the Michael Crighton novels to movies sucked (relative to the novel). Jurassic Park was a fun movie though. Congo? I never got through the movie.

Ditto “Lord of the Rings” trilogy. It was years before I would watch the movies because those novels (plus The Hobbit) were so ingrained in my head with my own imagery.

Having said that, they were still fun/good movies.