Need Help with What to Do

6’2’’ weight 158. current lifts 175 bench, 115 ohp, 180 squats 180 deadlift. yes i know my upper body is stronger than my lower body. 2800 calories, 2 days of cardio burning 500 + daily walks of 1 hour, sedentary after this. currently i’ve been doing greyskull and have stalled deloaded a lot of times especially on deads and squats. I do not know what to do right now because every gym seccion is a grind right now even with the lowish squats and deads. should i move program? i do not know what to do.

i have the following options and im not sure on what to do:

stick with greyskull even with my actual kinda high lifts but eat more

move to another program (5/3/1 or another full body)

please i do not know what to do

also im light lifting this week because im taking it as a deload week.

should i eat the same amount of bulking calories?

Its not the program its the diet, eat more food.

1 Like

so should i continue doing greyskull?

im going to continue upping cals tho

I’m an inch, maybe an inch and a half taller than you, and 60 pounds heavier. You must be extraordinarily skinny. Nothing wrong with that, unless you’re trying to lift heavy weights. I also don’t know why you’re walking 1 hour a day plus doing 2 days of cardio. If you’re naturally skinny like me (I was 6’4 and 165 prior to lifting), your body does just fine burning through everything and shitting the rest out, so cut out all that cardio, and load up on pasta, potatoes, and rice. Don’t waste all your energy trying to consume 1.5-2g/lb of protein, or whatever the equation is that people throw out there. 175g of protein would do you just fine (provided you adjust with weight gain). You’ll only get so big eating a shitload of protein, but carbs will tip the scales every time. Just don’t eat like shit.

Are you gaining weight? If not, you’re not eating ‘bulking calories’, you’re eating maintenance. If you ARE gaining weight, you can keep eating your current cals, but I’d adjust your macros to be carb heavy, as I said before. Just keep in mind that your maintenance/cut/bulk numbers will change as your body adapts to different intakes. There’s no magical calculator that will tell you how much you need to eat to grow - when the scale stops moving up, your bulk has become your maintenance and needs to be adjusted.

You’re speaking of a common problem around here. Strength or muscle gains halt. Eat. Just eat, brother.

If your goal is to get bigger and stronger then forget about having a 6 pack for awhile. Eat, lift, and grow.

1 Like

Yeah you need to eat more. Im 6’2 also and didnt really look like even lifted till hit 185

Yeah this is normal with linear programs like that. Move on to something off this site -these below both work great…