Motorcycles - Post Your Ride

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
The BatCave[/quote]

Nice.

Lou, what kind of bikes are those? Been flirting with getting a bike for years now. I think next spring I’m going to do it. [/quote]

BG even if you have ridden in the past, take the riders course either Riders Edge HD or some other. I went 20 years between bikes.

1. it helps bring back muscle memory
  2. you can go test some bikes out

I discovered that the bike that I really wanted by vision was not the same when I got on it. Just my .02[/quote]

thanks man. any advice is much appreciated. i’m torn between a sport bike and a harley. i’m just not a chrome guy so if harley, i’m looking for something black, like that night train or whatever it was. after being “counseled” on the matter for some time now, i’m leaning to harley. the way i drive and the way i ride my quad, i’m probably not a good guy for a sport bike - i’d be that dude doing wheelies down the highway x of a 100mph. i just don’t trust myself.
[/quote]

Yes sir, I love to cruise.

HD has a lot of black bikes now, Chrome is old school and like you I do not like. I am trying to get rid of all my chrome.

Pic is a Harley FatBoy 2010. [/quote]

now that’s more my style.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Love the Ducati Monster. I don’t know what my next one will be…but that one is in the top 5.[/quote]

It’s a pretty bad ass bike IMO… Very "cafe racer"esque. I like that style a lot[/quote]

A friend of mine just got the ducati diavel… fucking awesome. [/quote]

I’ve never seen the bike in person, but I’m just not feeling it from the pics.

[/quote]

I guess u need to see it, its the fastest bike that ducatti make, awesome.

This is my bike. It’s currently in the shop for crash repair and maintenance.

[quote]Sturat wrote:

[quote]fighting_fires wrote:
I really like the flat black color on a harley, it looks so clean/fresh [/quote]

Plus it hides the oil leaks. . .[/quote]

Dude its 2011, not 1980.

[quote]Vandal wrote:
[/quote]

Is that you on it?

Yeah that’s me. I’m faster now.

2009 Yamaha Raider. 1854cc of good clean fun. The bike in front is a 2002 Honda Shadow 1100 that I upgraded from.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Sturat wrote:

I really like the flat black color on a harley, it looks so clean/fresh [/quote]

Dude its 2011, not 1980.[/quote]

Dude it’s a joke, learn to take one.

My ride

pt 2

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[quote]FireChris wrote:
VMAX[/quote]

I worked with a guy who mounted a supercharger on his, all street legal, heat wrapped custom pipes, sounded un fucking real.

[/quote]

That sounds stupid fast, very cool. I’m going to change the pipes on mine next season, it could use some more growl.

[quote]Sturat wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Sturat wrote:

Dude it’s a joke, learn to take one.[/quote]

I could say the same thing.

[quote]Vandal wrote:
[/quote]

Nice to see an actual action shot instead of a garage shot. I don’t recognize that track, where is it? I typically ride either Buttonwillow or Willow Springs. This is me at Buttonwillow

james

Here’s mine some days after I bought it, still needs some work to get it finished. It’s a Yamaha XT600.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:I guess u need to see it, its the fastest bike that ducatti make, awesome.
[/quote]

Not to argue but…no, it’s not. The fastest bike they make is going to be their GP bike (even though Jesus himself couldn’t win on the current version). The current 1198 range of superbikes (standard trim and SP) will also be faster than the Diavel. It’s a great bike but it’s not the fastest bike that Ducati makes.

james

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Sturat wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Sturat wrote:

[/quote]

Are you saying that Harleys don’t “mark their territory” anymore? Do they still pass like a diesel pickup truck?

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Sturat wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Sturat wrote:

[/quote]

Are you saying that Harleys don’t “mark their territory” anymore? Do they still pass like a diesel pickup truck?[/quote]

Yes that stopped in the mid to late 90’s.

Now joking about something that old just kind of falls flat.

You want to make a joke and say they are over priced I understand.

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

Nice to see an actual action shot instead of a garage shot. I don’t recognize that track, where is it? I typically ride either Buttonwillow or Willow Springs. This is me at Buttonwillow

james[/quote]
That’s turn 4 at Willow Springs. I crashed in that turn last Saturday and now the bike’s getting work done at Attack Performance. I’m getting some parts from JD Beach’s Daytona 200 bike.

That’s awesome. If you have connections then getting parts that racers discard is golden. It’s been way too long since I’ve been on the big track. Oddly enough last time I was there I crashed at turn three just as I was heading onto the uphill. You weren’t on Bridgestones by any chance were you (bit of an inside joke but if you were…)

You must have crashed at the Ti2TT event? Are you a WSMC racer or just track day junkie? I like the Ti2TT events but they really cut back.

james

sons of anarchy is back on

/joy