Mosque Near Ground Zero

Half this thread can be summarized by the following statement:

“I was for the 1st amendment before I was against it”.

[quote]0mar wrote:

“I was for the 1st amendment before I was against it”.[/quote]

Yes it can.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]0mar wrote:

Yes it can.[/quote]

They have every right to build it, and I have every right to protest it. Again 1st amendment right.

I just find it funny how the US gives them rights that their native countries do not give us.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]0mar wrote:

Yes it can.[/quote]

They have every right to build it, and I have every right to protest it. Again 1st amendment right.

I just find it funny how the US gives them rights that their native countries do not give us.[/quote]

Absolutely. Not to sound cliched- but that’s what makes ours a better society.

Wouldn’t this be a good opportunity for the government to keep an eye on them so to speak?

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
Wouldn’t this be a good opportunity for the government to keep an eye on them so to speak?

[/quote]

We try. It’s damnned hard! Hundreds of years living under the Sultans of the Ottoman Empire taught them to think like rats. How do you keep track of rats?

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]0mar wrote:

Yes it can.[/quote]

I just find it funny how the US gives them rights that their native countries do not give us.[/quote]

Which native countries?

Do you mean a country like Lebanon where freedom of speech is expressed throughout the press and people freely protest and bash their government openly or a nation like Syria where Church bells are heard in villages, towns, and cities across the country?

Maybe you’re talking about a nation like the United Arab Emirates? There, business leaders and tourists from across the world, including the United States, indulge in pure wealth.

But I agree–there shouldn’t be a Mosque at such a sensitive area as Ground Zero.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

We try. It’s damnned hard! Hundreds of years living under the Sultans of the Ottoman Empire taught them to think like rats. How do you keep track of rats?
[/quote]

You really are an awful person.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
The Muslims plan on building a huge mosque within 2 blocks of Ground Zero in New York. Nothing like giving a giant finger to the American people, there in the heart of the greatest city in the world.

They are nesting. Burn the nest.

"A mosque rises over Ground Zero. And fed-up New Yorkers are crying, “No!”

A chorus of critics – from neighbors to those who lost loved ones on 9/11 to me – feel as if they’ve received a swift kick in the teeth.

Plans are under way for a Muslim house of worship, topped by a 13-story cultural center with a swimming pool, in a building damaged by the fuselage of a jet flown by extremists into the World Trade Center.

The opening date shall live in infamy: Sept. 11, 2011. The 10th anniversary of the day a hole was punched in the city’s heart."

[/quote]

Perhaps it’s a good time to start a new annual tradition there - The Running of the Pigs.

It was an honest question. Anyways, am I the only one who believes that the people of Islam are doing this solely for the purpose of re-opening those wounds suffered on 9/11? Maybe I’m crazy, but I’d be willing to bet they would build the mosque ON ground zero, if they had the opportunity.[/quote]

Wafa Sultan agrees with you. in fact, she says Muslims will regard it as a victory:
http://www.hudsonny.org/2010/05/mosque-at-ground-zero-equals-victory.php

“It is crucial to study the supremacist ideology of Islam and to recognize, for example, that the building of a mosque especially at Ground Zero is viewed by Muslims as a decisive victory over the infidels in Islam’s march to establish its ultimate goal: the submission of all others to Islam and to Sharia Law.”

"The so called “progressives” and proponents of interfaith dialogue in the media, in academia, and in our government cannot accept that in Islam’s supremacist ideology, there is no moral relativism. They cannot accept that when it comes to Islam, multiculturalism is a one-way street that serves Islam – and the interests of Islam alone. There is no inclusion of other “ways,” or cultures supported in the Quran. Even to allow or accommodate other viewpoints can cost a Muslim his or her life.

Under freedom of expression, Muslims, like any other group, have the right to criticize others. But where is the line drawn between freedom of expression and an act of sedition? Where is the acknowledgment that Islam teaches that Sharia Law supersedes all other laws - including the U.S. Constitution"?"

Very good comprehensive article.

Why did that quote appear in yellow like the rest of the post? Oh well. :frowning:

[quote]Levantine wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]0mar wrote:

Yes it can.[/quote]

Which native countries?

Do you mean a country like Lebanon where freedom of speech is expressed throughout the press and people freely protest and bash their government openly or a nation like Syria where Church bells are heard in villages, towns, and cities across the country?

Maybe you’re talking about a nation like the United Arab Emirates? There, business leaders and tourists from across the world, including the United States, indulge in pure wealth.

But I agree–there shouldn’t be a Mosque at such a sensitive area as Ground Zero. [/quote]

You are kidding right. If I wanted to build a huge Catholic Cathedral in Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia you really think they would let me? I will agree that the Lebonize, and Egyptions are more open because there is a large Jewish and Christian population in those countries, but freedom of speech and religion are supressed in the other countries I have listed. I think I should build a huge church next to the black rock thing in Mecca. That would go over really well. Who is financing this mosque anyway in NYC?

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Levantine wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]0mar wrote:

Yes it can.[/quote]

Which native countries?

But I agree–there shouldn’t be a Mosque at such a sensitive area as Ground Zero. [/quote]

You are kidding right. If I wanted to build a huge Catholic Cathedral in Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia you really think they would let me? I will agree that the Lebonize, and Egyptions are more open because there is a large Jewish and Christian population in those countries, but freedom of speech and religion are supressed in the other countries I have listed. I think I should build a huge church next to the black rock thing in Mecca. That would go over really well. Who is financing this mosque anyway in NYC?[/quote]

So other countries bad behavior should excuse our own? Using this exact same line of reasoning, we could ban all guns, force everyone through checkpoints and force people who disagree into internment camps and say “well, in China, you would have it worse, so quit your bitching.”

[quote]0mar wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Levantine wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]0mar wrote:

Yes it can.[/quote]

Which native countries?

You are kidding right. If I wanted to build a huge Catholic Cathedral in Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia you really think they would let me? I will agree that the Lebonize, and Egyptions are more open because there is a large Jewish and Christian population in those countries, but freedom of speech and religion are supressed in the other countries I have listed.

I think I should build a huge church next to the black rock thing in Mecca. That would go over really well. Who is financing this mosque anyway in NYC?[/quote]

So other countries bad behavior should excuse our own? Using this exact same line of reasoning, we could ban all guns, force everyone through checkpoints and force people who disagree into internment camps and say “well, in China, you would have it worse, so quit your bitching.”
[/quote]

Or the ever popular “teh Nazis did far worse” which I swear will be used long after it is no longer true.

[quote]'nuffsaid wrote:

It was an honest question. Anyways, am I the only one who believes that the people of Islam are doing this solely for the purpose of re-opening those wounds suffered on 9/11? Maybe I’m crazy, but I’d be willing to bet they would build the mosque ON ground zero, if they had the opportunity.[/quote]

Wafa Sultan agrees with you. in fact, she says Muslims will regard it as a victory:
http://www.hudsonny.org/2010/05/mosque-at-ground-zero-equals-victory.php

“It is crucial to study the supremacist ideology of Islam and to recognize, for example, that the building of a mosque especially at Ground Zero is viewed by Muslims as a decisive victory over the infidels in Islam’s march to establish its ultimate goal: the submission of all others to Islam and to Sharia Law.”

"The so called “progressives” and proponents of interfaith dialogue in the media, in academia, and in our government cannot accept that in Islam’s supremacist ideology, there is no moral relativism. They cannot accept that when it comes to Islam, multiculturalism is a one-way street that serves Islam – and the interests of Islam alone. There is no inclusion of other “ways,” or cultures supported in the Quran. Even to allow or accommodate other viewpoints can cost a Muslim his or her life.

Under freedom of expression, Muslims, like any other group, have the right to criticize others. But where is the line drawn between freedom of expression and an act of sedition? Where is the acknowledgment that Islam teaches that Sharia Law supersedes all other laws - including the U.S. Constitution"?"

Very good comprehensive article.[/quote]

Yup. They are the modern version of the Nazis. You can’t negotiate with them. Just like with the Nazis, a lot of people tried it and most of them were killed.

If they want to destroy themselves in their own countries (hellholes), that’s fine. When they come here to use our freedoms to attack us, well, that’s another matter.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

You really are an awful person.[/quote]

So says the unemployed weed smoker who wouldn’t lift a paw to defend his country.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

So says the unemployed weed smoker who wouldn’t lift a paw to defend his country.
[/quote]

I am neither unemployed nor a pot smoker, and I’ve never been in the military… but then neither have you, have you chickenhawk?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

I am neither unemployed nor a pot smoker, and I’ve never been in the military… but then neither have you, have you chickenhawk?[/quote]

You’re posting at 1:39 in the afternoon. Night shift at a convenience store doesn’t count as a real job.

You’re young and degreed. You COULD join and apply for a commission. Guess you need Tyler Durden to visit you at the convenience store, to get you back on track.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

I am neither unemployed nor a pot smoker, and I’ve never been in the military… but then neither have you, have you chickenhawk?[/quote]

You’re posting at 1:39 in the afternoon. Night shift at a convenience store doesn’t count as a real job.

You’re young and degreed. You COULD join and apply for a commission. Guess you need Tyler Durden to visit you at the convenience store, to get you back on track.
[/quote]

You live in a crazy, delusional world.

[quote]0mar wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Levantine wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]0mar wrote:

Yes it can.[/quote]

Which native countries?

You are kidding right. If I wanted to build a huge Catholic Cathedral in Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia you really think they would let me? I will agree that the Lebonize, and Egyptions are more open because there is a large Jewish and Christian population in those countries, but freedom of speech and religion are supressed in the other countries I have listed. I think I should build a huge church next to the black rock thing in Mecca. That would go over really well. Who is financing this mosque anyway in NYC?[/quote]

[/quote]

So I just need to sit on my first amendment right to keep my mouth shut? The US is the best country in the world and I have every right to speak my mind. I guess you agree with me then that I would not be allowed to go to their country and do the things they are doing here. They have every right to build that mosque and I have every right to speak out about it. This is a country of freedom so if you want to step on my rights then you can go to China or any muslim country you would like to live.