MMA vs. Bodybuilding

Ok im not sure if this is posted in the right spot but what the hell… Now i see bodybuilders who train year round and work to peak for there competition being that its posing on stage in underwear(just saying) . After and during this competition usually the bodybuilder is feeling very shitty, winded and tired after posing for 15 minutes . Now mma fighters do the same thing reasonably and work up the fight day and usually end up looking just as cut as bodybuilders do But on the day of there fight they are actually fighting and not just posing and they dont get winded and such. Now my question is why is it that those fighters can be just as cut as bodybuilders but have the energy to go however many rounds fighting? And why wouldnt we all just train like that if it seems they are more cut and have more energy ?

What’s your definition of cut? Just the upper body? Probably, don’t go around making statements that aren’t true…like MMA fighters being in contest condition.

Sorry but in the events I’ve participated in there’s been a lot of overweight fighters, only a few I would define as cut. That includes top flight competition also, they are not all cut. Also they don’t need to worry about aesthetics to be classed as a professional, look at Fedor etc.

LMAO!! you’re kiddin us right??

im not talking abotu the chubby heavyweights im talking about gsp urijah faber matt hughes type of fighter, And what do they do differently because they have to cut weight as well to make weight but yet they fight and not just get tired after posing like bodybuilding?

Lol!!! I can’t even believe this topic is being discussed. “cut” mma guys are maybe between 6 and 8 % bodyfat, plus water depletion to make weight (if needed). A professional bodybuilder is between 2-3%. Plus water depletion on top of that. No comparison. Not even close. The difficulty and suffering of the cut grow exponentially with every % point lost.

Could bodybuilders have the conditioning to compete in mma? Of course not. Not even in their early cut stages or off season. It is not what they train for. But neither would mma fighters have the energy if you drop them to pro bodybuilder stage condition. No fighter I am aware of has ever been even remotely close to bb contest condition.

MMA fighters cut for the scale (maybe winded on the weigh day). But after they get off that scale, then they pack as many pounds as they can for the fight.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Lol!!! I can’t even believe this topic is being discussed. “cut” mma guys are maybe between 6 and 8 % bodyfat, plus water depletion to make weight (if needed). A professional bodybuilder is between 2-3%. Plus water depletion on top of that. No comparison. Not even close. The difficulty and suffering of the cut grow exponentially with every % point lost.

Could bodybuilders have the conditioning to compete in mma? Of course not. Not even in their early cut stages or off season. It is not what they train for. But neither would mma fighters have the energy if you drop them to pro bodybuilder stage condition. No fighter I am aware of has ever been even remotely close to bb contest condition.[/quote]

Margarito before the Pacquaio fight looked pretty fucking skinny… that’s probably as bad as I’ve seen. Or good. Depending what way you’re looking at it…

[quote]yoitspmart wrote:
Ok im not sure if this is posted in the right spot but what the hell… Now i see bodybuilders who train year round and work to peak for there competition being that its posing on stage in underwear(just saying) . After and during this competition usually the bodybuilder is feeling very shitty, winded and tired after posing for 15 minutes . Now mma fighters do the same thing reasonably and work up the fight day and usually end up looking just as cut as bodybuilders do But on the day of there fight they are actually fighting and not just posing and they dont get winded and such. Now my question is why is it that those fighters can be just as cut as bodybuilders but have the energy to go however many rounds fighting? And why wouldnt we all just train like that if it seems they are more cut and have more energy ?[/quote]

This isn’t going to go down well here but, professional bodybuilders are not just ‘cut’ they have ridiculous levels of muscle mass which they achieve by using anabolic steroids/HGH. Pre-comp they burn off so much fat that their buttocks disappear leaving striated glutes covered with a thin veil of skin. Just prior to comp they dehydrate themselves with diuretics often causing death. And some of them inject synthol into their muscles which can kill you but if you’re lucky will just make you look like a freak and give you infections requiring draining of puss. On top of this their muscle mass is usually mostly sarcoplasmic muscle(not always true though.)

NO, HaveIron, that isn’t going to go down well here. Because pretty much your entire post is a gigantic strawman. “OFTEN” causes death?? Seriously? Where are the piles of bodies then?? You’ll never hear me deny the fact that pro bodybuilders use roids or gh, or diuretics. But how many deaths have there been on rhe stage due to that use? I can think of one, maybe two.

Considering how many competitive bodybuilders there are, that’s not even in the same league as “often causes death”. It’s not even playing the same fucking sport. Besides that, your post was ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT to the point of the thread. The question wasn’t how they get as cut as they do, the question was do mma guys approach their levels of leanness, and the answer is no fucking way. Not even top notch naturals bodybuilders.

And no, I am not a bodybuilder and have less than zero interest in becoming a competitive bber.

Also “sarcoplasmic hypertrophy”? Lolz.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
NO, HaveIron, that isn’t going to go down well here. Because pretty much your entire post is a gigantic strawman. “OFTEN” causes death?? Seriously? Where are the piles of bodies then?? You’ll never hear me deny the fact that pro bodybuilders use roids or gh, or diuretics. But how many deaths have there been on rhe stage due to that use? I can think of one, maybe two.

Considering how many competitive bodybuilders there are, that’s not even in the same league as “often causes death”. It’s not even playing the same fucking sport. Besides that, your post was ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT to the point of the thread. The question wasn’t how they get as cut as they do, the question was do mma guys approach their levels of leanness, and the answer is no fucking way. Not even top notch naturals bodybuilders.

And no, I am not a bodybuilder and have less than zero interest in becoming a competitive bber.

Also “sarcoplasmic hypertrophy”? Lolz.[/quote]

Who are you quoting? I never mentioned ‘sarcoplasmic hypertrophy’. The question was ‘why are MMA fighters as cut as bodybuilders’. My answer was, they aren’t. Pro-bodybuilders are freaks and so ‘cut’ that it makes girls want to puke(and guys who are playing with a full deck). And no, I am not an MMA fighter and have less than zero interest in becoming a competitive MMAer.

[quote]yoitspmart wrote:
Now mma fighters do the same thing reasonably and work up the fight day and usually end up looking just as cut as bodybuilders do
[/quote]

You have no idea what you’re talking about do you?

[quote]yoitspmart wrote:
Ok im not sure if this is posted in the right spot but what the hell… Now i see bodybuilders who train year round and work to peak for there competition being that its posing on stage in underwear(just saying) . After and during this competition usually the bodybuilder is feeling very shitty, winded and tired after posing for 15 minutes . Now mma fighters do the same thing reasonably and work up the fight day and usually end up looking just as cut as bodybuilders do But on the day of there fight they are actually fighting and not just posing and they dont get winded and such. Now my question is why is it that those fighters can be just as cut as bodybuilders but have the energy to go however many rounds fighting? And why wouldnt we all just train like that if it seems they are more cut and have more energy ?[/quote]
very simply, most mma fighters aren’t very big. except for a very select handful of guys, very few are really jacked. sure, they have cuts, but im talking raw brutal size. George st. pierre, might be really cut, but hes not big at all. hes on the small side, at least to me he is.

Retarded thread is retarded.

[quote]HaveIronWillLift wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

Also “sarcoplasmic hypertrophy”? Lolz.[/quote]

Who are you quoting? I never mentioned ‘sarcoplasmic hypertrophy’. The question was ‘why are MMA fighters as cut as bodybuilders’. My answer was, they aren’t. Pro-bodybuilders are freaks and so ‘cut’ that it makes girls want to puke(and guys who are playing with a full deck). And no, I am not an MMA fighter and have less than zero interest in becoming a competitive MMAer.[/quote]

On top of this their muscle mass is usually mostly sarcoplasmic muscle(not always true though.)[/quote]

I’m sorry, “sarcoplasmic muscle” not hypertrophy. There is no such thing.

And yes, I agree that they are so cut it freaks people out. I only threw that “I’m not a bber” comment in there because inevitably in threads like these somebody says something to the effect that “You’re only saying that because you’re ____ and biased/defending/blind” and I wanted nip that comment in the bud.

From Professor Frankfurt,
Bullshit is unavoidable whenever circumstances require someone to talk
without knowing what he is talking about. Thus the production of
bullshit is stimulated whenever a person’s obligations or
opportunities to speak about some topic are more excessive than his
knowledge of the facts that are relevant to that topic. This
discrepancy is common in public life, where people are frequently
impelled – whether by their own propensities or by the demands of
others – to speak extensively about matters of which they are to some
degree ignorant.

Sarcoplasm is part of the muscle fiber. It is the fluid surrounding myofibrils, containing glycogen stores and mitochondria to provide ATP. Myofibrils are the cylinder-shaped filaments that contract to create movement. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, which supposedly doesn’t exist, is an increase in the volume of sarcoplasm, adding primarily size and some strength to the muscle. Myofibrillar hypertrophy, on the other hand, is an increase in the number of myofibrils, adding primarily strength and some size to the muscle. Although either form of hypertrophy rarely occurs without the other, the growth can be in favor of one or the other.

This isn’t going to go down well here but, professional bodybuilders are not just ‘cut’ they have ridiculous levels of muscle mass[/quote]

Should’ve stopped there. Then, you’d have yourself a nice post.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

This isn’t going to go down well here but, professional bodybuilders are not just ‘cut’ they have ridiculous levels of muscle mass[/quote]

[/quote]

this guy is wrong in literally every post he makes. (ok maybe not every post but 90% of them at least)

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[/quote]

this guy is wrong in literally every post he makes. (ok maybe not every post but 90% of them at least)[/quote]

Ohhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooo, retard alert.