MLB Playoffs 2010

PBAndy you crack me up. Tried not to give you a hard time yesterday pushing for a Rangers split in our park. Who has home-field advantage like the Giants? No other team in the league keeps gloves like Schierholtz just for defense. Our park and our manager built that. I love how Bochy sends him on to defend our lead and tonight he did it to protect a ONE RUN lead. Awesome.

Watching Uribe and Renteria… its like we’ve got two shortstops on the field. And they’re both batting like clean-up.

I have to say though the whole thing is just UNREAL. Like through the wormhole into alternate universe… Giants fans not used to this. The ONE thing ONE thing we have always been missing is healthy fucking pitchers. And alot of em. It was so great to see Barry at the park having fun last night.

I watch these games at my parents with my sister there and my brother’s calling in on the phone every commercial. Best. Time. Ever.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
My point was that I don’t expect the Rangers to have problems scoring runs against this highly touted pitching staff.
[/quote]

Hahahahahaha, there goes all your credibility. Have fun not posting for the remainder of the series.[/quote]

x2 lol

my favorite part of the game was at the start of the bottom of the 8th when the announcer said the said that Texas still had a chance so long as SF didnt score two or three more runs…lol thanks for the jinx buddy lol[/quote]

How about when their last batter was up and the idiot announcers starts talking about them “starting a rally”. I hope tonight the whole country gets how great Cain is. Cool as hell Workhorse of a pitcher.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
My point was that I don’t expect the Rangers to have problems scoring runs against this highly touted pitching staff.
[/quote]

Hahahahahaha, there goes all your credibility. Have fun not posting for the remainder of the series.[/quote]

x2 lol

my favorite part of the game was at the start of the bottom of the 8th when the announcer said the said that Texas still had a chance so long as SF didnt score two or three more runs…lol thanks for the jinx buddy lol[/quote]

How about when their last batter was up and the idiot announcers starts talking about them “starting a rally”. I hope tonight the whole country gets how great Cain is. Cool as hell Workhorse of a pitcher.
[/quote]

Yeah, Cain was definitely very impressive. A lot of power there.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
PBAndy you crack me up. Tried not to give you a hard time yesterday pushing for a Rangers split in our park. Who has home-field advantage like the Giants? No other team in the league keeps gloves like Schierholtz just for defense. Our park and our manager built that. I love how Bochy sends him on to defend our lead and tonight he did it to protect a ONE RUN lead. Awesome.

Watching Uribe and Renteria… its like we’ve got two shortstops on the field. And they’re both batting like clean-up.

I have to say though the whole thing is just UNREAL. Like through the wormhole into alternate universe… Giants fans not used to this. The ONE thing ONE thing we have always been missing is healthy fucking pitchers. And alot of em. It was so great to see Barry at the park having fun last night.

I watch these games at my parents with my sister there and my brother’s calling in on the phone every commercial. Best. Time. Ever.

[/quote]
The Giants bullpen is sooo much better. If Giants win on Saturday then it’s all over. But I expect Rangers to win the next 2 at Texas.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Meh,

I picked pretty decent so far, the only series I got completely wrong has been the Phillies-Giants. You guys keep celebrating but still haven’t won a damn thing.

[/quote]

Where have we celebrated anything? All we’ve done is acknowledge victories, nobody has celebrating anything yet.

Why not be happy for an amazingly entertaining WS with great characters and great storylines?

Haters can hate all they want, we’re just going to keep doing our thing.

enough of this haters hate crap, christ.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Meh,

I picked pretty decent so far, the only series I got completely wrong has been the Phillies-Giants. You guys keep celebrating but still haven’t won a damn thing.

[/quote]

Where have we celebrated anything? All we’ve done is acknowledge victories, nobody has celebrating anything yet.

Why not be happy for an amazingly entertaining WS with great characters and great storylines?

Haters can hate all they want, we’re just going to keep doing our thing. [/quote]

You’ve already stated my prediction is wrong and my credibility is gone even though there potentially could be 5 more games to be played. Not sure why you’re calling me a hater, I’m not a Rangers fan I just picked them to win. I could care less who wins the series.

The funny part is in a previous thread you pretty much said you find baseball boring and have to be doing something while watching the sport just so you don’t get bored. Now that they’re in the playoffs you’ve become their loudest supporter.

EDIT: Oh and I think it’s fair to say you have no idea what to expect from the Rangers offense for the rest of the series. They put up 8 runs in game 1 and 0 in game 2.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Meh,

[/quote]

Haters can hate all they want, we’re just going to keep doing our thing. [/quote]

You’ve already stated my prediction is wrong and my credibility is gone even though there potentially could be 5 more games to be played. Not sure why you’re calling me a hater, I’m not a Rangers fan I just picked them to win. I could care less who wins the series.

The funny part is in a previous thread you pretty much said you find baseball boring and have to be doing something while watching the sport just so you don’t get bored. Now that they’re in the playoffs you’ve become their loudest supporter.

EDIT: Oh and I think it’s fair to say you have no idea what to expect from the Rangers offense for the rest of the series. They put up 8 runs in game 1 and 0 in game 2.

[/quote]

Stop pouting, I never once called YOU a hater. There are just a lot of people saying what the Giants can’t do instead of just enjoying the show.

Also, I’m pretty sure most of America (even the most hardcore fans) do things to keep themselves entertained at baseball games during the regular season. Tell me how many fans you see simply sitting there doing nothing except staring at the field? Then tell me how many people you see having conversations, tracking the game using a score sheet, or listening to the radio also among other things?

Even the players themselves do things to keep themselves entertained. What a ridiculous comment.

Thought you guys might enjoy this. A Texas sports reporter is derailed during his live shot by nearby Giants fans smoking marijuana at McCovey Cove.

…to top it off, the reporters name is Newy Scruggs. Awesome.

Baseball sucks.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Losing sucks.[/quote]

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Meh,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stop pouting, I never once called YOU a hater. There are just a lot of people saying what the Giants can’t do instead of just enjoying the show.

Also, I’m pretty sure most of America (even the most hardcore fans) do things to keep themselves entertained at baseball games during the regular season. Tell me how many fans you see simply sitting there doing nothing except staring at the field? Then tell me how many people you see having conversations, tracking the game using a score sheet, or listening to the radio also among other things?

Even the players themselves do things to keep themselves entertained. What a ridiculous comment.
[/quote]

LOL I’m not talking about people who score the game or listen to the play-by-play on the radio while at the game. Nor am I talking about people who have conversations with the people they came with at a ball game since most of the time they’re talking about what’s going on in the game anyways. You basically stated you have the game on as background noise as you’re doing something else. If you’re not a hardcore fan FINE. It’s just funny to see you act like you’re their number one supporter from the beginning now that they’re in the World Series.

Also, I don’t know why the lack of belief in the Giants surprises you. Their a stellar pitching team with below average fielding players who have basically gotten hot at the right time.

Anyways, lets not derail this thread and keep the discussion on the World Series.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Meh,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL I’m not talking about people who score the game or listen to the play-by-play on the radio while at the game. Nor am I talking about people who have conversations with the people they came with at a ball game since most of the time they’re talking about what’s going on in the game anyways. You basically stated you have the game on as background noise as you’re doing something else. If you’re not a hardcore fan FINE. It’s just funny to see you act like you’re their number one supporter from the beginning now that they’re in the World Series.

Also, I don’t know why the lack of belief in the Giants surprises you. Their a stellar pitching team with below average fielding players who have basically gotten hot at the right time.

[/quote]

You’re right. Renteria and Uribe are just HORRIBLE with the glove and the throw. They should be ashamed of themselves.

/sarcasm

Or are you talking about Ross or Huff? Maybe Shierholtz? Please do explain the below average fielding players you are referring to. Care to point out their “below average” stats as proof?

How many games have the Giant’s played this season? How many have they won?
That last paragraph you wrote is pretty laughable. Suggesting that Giants fans have nothing to be happy about is also ludicrous. Of course we are enjoying our team’s success. Give me a break.

I was referring to their hitting. If you can’t see they are a below average hitting team you are retarded.

Also, would like to add Renteria (since you mentioned him) is way over achieving at defense in the playoffs. He’s been known for terrible defense basically right after he won a gold glove.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Meh,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your slowly going down the idiot road, try to make a U-turn. How does having the game on while doing other things make me less of a fan? I listen to pretty much every game on the radio or TV, I make it to around 20 games per year, and I dropped a G of my own hard earned money to see them play Game 1 of the World Series. I think that qualifies me as a pretty decent fan.

~

To your second remark, sports 100% depends on getting hot at the right time. If you can’t bring it when it really counts, who cares how much talent you have? It’s idiotic to say “basically gotten hot at the right time”, THAT’S WHAT WINNING A TITLE IS ALL ABOUT.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I was referring to their hitting. If you can’t see they are a below average hitting team you are retarded.[/quote]

Oh, I’m sorry… it was your statement: “Their a stellar pitching team with below average fielding players who have basically gotten hot at the right time.” that lead me to believe you were saying “below average fielding players” Glad you cleared that up.

Regarding Giant’s hitting. Here are there statistics:
REGULAR SEASON
Giants Hits: 1411 Opponents Hits: 1279
Giants Runs: 697 Opponents Runs: 583
Giants Total bases: 2241 Opponents Total Bases: 2007
Giatns RBI: 660 Opoponents RBI: 551
Giants Batting Average: .257 Opponents Batting Average: .236
Giants On Base Percentage: .321 Opponents On Base Percentage: .313
Giants Slugging: .408 Opponents Slugging: .370

POST SEASON
Giants Hits: 99 Opponents Hits: 80
Giants Runs: 50 Opponents Runs: 36
Giants Total Bases: 148 Opponents Total Bases: 117
Giants RBI: 47 Opponents RBI: 34
Giants Batting Average: .246 Opponents Batting Average: .204
Giants On Base Percentage: .313 Opponents On Base Percentage: .277
Giants Slugging: .367 Opponents Slugging: .298

Of course maybe you attribute this clear superiority to the Giant’s pitching? Here’s another analysis for your enjoyment:

EDIT: PDF Image did not refer to this batting chart:

If you can’t see that the Giants Batters are ranked second in the entire league (right behind the Rangers) I suggest perhaps you are the retard.

I’ll be back shortly to chat about Renteria.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I was referring to their hitting. If you can’t see they are a below average hitting team you are retarded.[/quote]

Oh, I’m sorry… it was your statement: “Their a stellar pitching team with below average fielding players who have basically gotten hot at the right time.” that lead me to believe you were saying “below average fielding players” Glad you cleared that up.

Regarding Giant’s hitting. Here are there statistics:
REGULAR SEASON
Giants Hits: 1411 Opponents Hits: 1279
Giants Runs: 697 Opponents Runs: 583
Giants Total bases: 2241 Opponents Total Bases: 2007
Giatns RBI: 660 Opoponents RBI: 551
Giants Batting Average: .257 Opponents Batting Average: .236
Giants On Base Percentage: .321 Opponents On Base Percentage: .313
Giants Slugging: .408 Opponents Slugging: .370

POST SEASON
Giants Hits: 99 Opponents Hits: 80
Giants Runs: 50 Opponents Runs: 36
Giants Total Bases: 148 Opponents Total Bases: 117
Giants RBI: 47 Opponents RBI: 34
Giants Batting Average: .246 Opponents Batting Average: .204
Giants On Base Percentage: .313 Opponents On Base Percentage: .277
Giants Slugging: .367 Opponents Slugging: .298

Of course maybe you attribute this clear superiority to the Giant’s pitching? Here’s another analysis for your enjoyment:

EDIT: PDF Image did not refer to this batting chart:

If you can’t see that the Giants Batters are ranked second in the entire league (right behind the Rangers) I suggest perhaps you are the retard.

I’ll be back shortly to chat about Renteria.

[/quote]

LOL

You’re a retard, click on 2010 Regular Season, you are looking at Post Season Stats. That’s why they’re right behind the Rangers LOL. Your analysis is weak, try comparing their stats to the league average during the season, you know the 162 game sample.I’ve already stated they’ve played well above expectations in post season. Also I have no idea why you’re comparing their batting stats to what their pitchers give up. What does that have to do with anything relating to what I said?

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Meh,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your slowly going down the idiot road, try to make a U-turn. How does having the game on while doing other things make me less of a fan? I listen to pretty much every game on the radio or TV, I make it to around 20 games per year, and I dropped a G of my own hard earned money to see them play Game 1 of the World Series. I think that qualifies me as a pretty decent fan.

~

To your second remark, sports 100% depends on getting hot at the right time. If you can’t bring it when it really counts, who cares how much talent you have? It’s idiotic to say “basically gotten hot at the right time”, THAT’S WHAT WINNING A TITLE IS ALL ABOUT.
[/quote]

Go back and read that previous thread and the comments you left regarding baseball. To me you sound like a guy whose panties get wet from a team winning in your area. Honestly, I don’t really care how loyal you are to your team, not sure why you’re so adamant in convincing me of your loyalty. All that matters is your convincing yourself.