MLB Playoffs 2010

I was watching ESPN earlier today and one of the analyst predicted the Giants would win this game because Cliff Lee was due for a bad game. I guess he was right.

I agree with DBCooper that the NL is getting better. The NL seems to have a lot of young talented pitchers. The AL still has the better offense.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

O, I heard someone describe the Giant’s today as chocolate scraped off the gutter wrapped around the creamy nougat of first round draft picks. Awesome.

[/quote]
lol that is fucking funny.

But yeah, Lee was indeed due for a bad game. He has been on a good streak for awhile now. I still believe the Rangers will fuck some shit up.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Lincecum and the kid from Dazed and Confused are the same person [/quote]

lol! I was actually thinking of that guy from Inception when he was on 3rd Rock from the Sun.[/quote]
Aren’t you the one declaring the NL is no match for the AL?!?[/quote]

Yep. It’s only game one and even if Texas loses it doesn’t really matter seeing how the AL has won 10 out of the last 15 years. Maybe this will be one of those years (or maybe not), heck they finally won an All Star game first one since 1996.[/quote]

I think the tide is turning for the National League, regardless of how this Series plays out. 2 of the top 3 teams in the league are NL teams in SF and Philly and other than the AL playoff teams and maybe Boston, there weren’t that many good teams in the AL this year. The NL was much deeper; teams like Colorado, St Louis and San Diego would stack up well against all the AL teams except for Texas and maybe NY. And SF and Philly stack up well against all of the AL teams.

And it looks like there’s also more talent brewing in the NL with guys like the Giants young pitchers, Chapman, Strasburg when he gets back, Harper when he comes up, Posey, Heyward, Jimenez, Tulowitzki, Latos, C. Gonzalez, Votto and Josh Johnson. There’s a lot of good, young talent in the NL and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the NL take a majority of the next several All-Star Games.[/quote]

I’d consider the White Sox as good as some of those teams you mentioned that didn’t make the playoffs in the NL. Also the Blue Jays should be on the list they are full of up and coming talent, their pitching staff has been featured in ESPN articles several times this year. They will be in playoff contention in 2012.

The NL has gotten better won’t disagree, but it did suck for stretches.

I guess Cliff Lee was due for a bad start, he went something like 6-0 in post season appearances up until this point. He didn’t have great control of his breaking pitches tonight. Although SF won they still gave up a whopping 7 runs, not exactly like they were firing on all cylinders either. Didn’t see the pitching domination you and every SF fan in this thread kept talking about. I have a feeling the Rangers will crush the giants tomorrow by 3-4 runs.

[/quote]

Better to give up a whopping 7 runs then 11. Cliff Lee was supposed to dominate the Giants not the other way around.
But you are right, all Texas has to do is split.

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

lol! I was actually thinking of that guy from Inception when he was on 3rd Rock from the Sun.[/quote]

Yep. It’s only game one and even if Texas loses it doesn’t really matter seeing how the AL has won 10 out of the last 15 years. Maybe this will be one of those years (or maybe not), heck they finally won an All Star game first one since 1996.[/quote]

I think the tide is turning for the National League, regardless of how this Series plays out. 2 of the top 3 teams in the league are NL teams in SF and Philly and other than the AL playoff teams and maybe Boston, there weren’t that many good teams in the AL this year. The NL was much deeper; teams like Colorado, St Louis and San Diego would stack up well against all the AL teams except for Texas and maybe NY. And SF and Philly stack up well against all of the AL teams.

And it looks like there’s also more talent brewing in the NL with guys like the Giants young pitchers, Chapman, Strasburg when he gets back, Harper when he comes up, Posey, Heyward, Jimenez, Tulowitzki, Latos, C. Gonzalez, Votto and Josh Johnson. There’s a lot of good, young talent in the NL and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the NL take a majority of the next several All-Star Games.[/quote]

I’d consider the White Sox as good as some of those teams you mentioned that didn’t make the playoffs in the NL. Also the Blue Jays should be on the list they are full of up and coming talent, their pitching staff has been featured in ESPN articles several times this year. They will be in playoff contention in 2012.

I guess Cliff Lee was due for a bad start, he went something like 6-0 in post season appearances up until this point. He didn’t have great control of his breaking pitches tonight. Although SF won they still gave up a whopping 7 runs, not exactly like they were firing on all cylinders either. Didn’t see the pitching domination you and every SF fan in this thread kept talking about. I have a feeling the Rangers will crush the giants tomorrow by 3-4 runs.

[/quote]

Better to give up a whopping 7 runs then 11. [/quote]

My point was that I don’t expect the Rangers to have problems scoring runs against this highly touted pitching staff.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[/quote]

My point was that I don’t expect the Rangers to have problems scoring runs against this highly touted pitching staff.
[/quote]
True.
You can spin it the Giants way also. They lit up the Rangers best pitcher (but he was due for a loss) and that had to give the Giants confidence for the rest of the series. Also they worked the Rangers bullpen for another 3 runs and many of the writers for ESPN have said the Giants bullpen is superior to the Rangers.
Heck, I don’t think the Giants bullpen is used to having a 7 run lead so late in the game so maybe they fell asleep. lol
But all the Rangers have to do is win today and get that split.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Where’s WestCoast? I wanna hear the play by play.[/quote]

BOOOM. That. Was. Amazing.

A powerful win, against one of the leagues top pitchers, on the biggest stage, in front of an unbelievably electric crowd, in one of the top 3 parks in the MLB. What more could you ask for?

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
True.
You can spin it the Giants way also. They lit up the Rangers best pitcher (but he was due for a loss) and that had to give the Giants confidence for the rest of the series. Also they worked the Rangers bullpen for another 3 runs and many of the writers for ESPN have said the Giants bullpen is superior to the Rangers.
Heck, I don’t think the Giants bullpen is used to having a 7 run lead so late in the game so maybe they fell asleep. lol
But all the Rangers have to do is win today and get that split. [/quote]

The Giants bullpen is superior to the Rangers. FACT.
I’m glad our hitters won it for us last night though… the hitters needed that. Our offense was also great last night. Its parks like AT&T park that build a defensive fielding staff.

WestCoast… dude. awesome.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

AL record in interleague play, 2007-2010: 545-460 (average over 4 years is 136-115)
Al record, 2010 alone: 134-116

I’d say the league discrepancy is about exactly the same.

Side note - you can’t reinforce your argument that the NL is “gaining” on the AL by stating a bunch of the NL’s young talent UNLESS you’re asserting the AL doesn’t have comparable young talent. I beg to differ: Longoria, Price, Crawford, Lester, Pedroia, Cano, Hughes, Cabrera (who’s still young), Mauer, Verlander, Liriano, Greinke, Hernandez, Feliz, Andrus…etc

Back to the series: funny how I thought the game was over when Lee was staked to a 2-0 lead and Lincecum was looking off. Just goes to show, you never know in baseball.

I can see why westcoast plopped down 1g for those tickets. I’d do it in a heartbeat if I still lived in Cali

Until game two, I leave you with this…

WE CAIN BELIEVE!

Hallowed, West, azn…and DBCooper (?) :

Why aren’t we at some bar watching the game?

I think the entire Giants team should have “shoe-polish” beards and Sharpie’d orange shoes.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Hallowed, West, azn…and DBCooper (?) :

Why aren’t we at some bar watching the game?

I think the entire Giants team should have “shoe-polish” beards and Sharpie’d orange shoes.[/quote]

I was @ the game last night and am watching it with friends tonight on the 110 inch projector in my basement.

Cain has looked great thus far, and Boch’s decision to put in Nate for defense paid off instantly. Time for some torture!!

[quote]scj119 wrote:
Back to the series: funny how I thought the game was over when Lee was staked to a 2-0 lead and Lincecum was looking off. Just goes to show, you never know in baseball.

I can see why westcoast plopped down 1g for those tickets. I’d do it in a heartbeat if I still lived in Cali[/quote]

It was one of the best sporting experiences of my life. Money can always be made (and luckily I’m blessed to be doing well), but awesome experiences like these have to be taken advantage of because you never know how many your going to get.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
Seems like a problem to me.

[quote]scj119 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

AL record in interleague play, 2007-2010: 545-460 (average over 4 years is 136-115)
Al record, 2010 alone: 134-116

I’d say the league discrepancy is about exactly the same.

Side note - you can’t reinforce your argument that the NL is “gaining” on the AL by stating a bunch of the NL’s young talent UNLESS you’re asserting the AL doesn’t have comparable young talent. I beg to differ: Longoria, Price, Crawford, Lester, Pedroia, Cano, Hughes, Cabrera (who’s still young), Mauer, Verlander, Liriano, Greinke, Hernandez, Feliz, Andrus…etc[/quote]

Who cares about interleague stats. I would say they would be worth more of a look if both leagues played with the same rules. If the NL wins the all-star game and the World Series you have to say the NL’s best team is better than the AL’s best team.

Yes the Giants bullpen is much better than the Rangers. I always thought the Giants and Padres had two of the best bullpens in the majors.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
[/quote]

Hahahahahaha, there goes all your credibility. Have fun not posting for the remainder of the series.

Damn… the Rangers bullpen could not find the freaking strike zone, it was like they said, “contagious”. That sucks.

I still say Rangers in 7.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
[/quote]

Hahahahahaha, there goes all your credibility. Have fun not posting for the remainder of the series.[/quote]

x2 lol

my favorite part of the game was at the start of the bottom of the 8th when the announcer said the said that Texas still had a chance so long as SF didnt score two or three more runs…lol thanks for the jinx buddy lol

Meh,

I picked pretty decent so far, the only series I got completely wrong has been the Phillies-Giants. You guys keep celebrating but still haven’t won a damn thing.

FTR, I’m not a Rangers fan, I merely picked them to win.