Michelle Obama, the Racist at Princeton

The whole idea that Left leaning politicians encourage people to remain dependent on social services as a crutch is not factually based. Clinton made unemployment fall nearly linerally. It was 7% when he took office. 3.8% when he left. He created 22 million jobs, getting people OFF of social services. After 8 years of supply side economics- AKA short sited economics- Unemployment is approaching 7 again. So who really encourages people to sit on their ass on welfare???

Don’t post articles from www.rightpolitics.com and call them “news”. That is utterly ridiculous.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Lorisco wrote:

23 years ago, racism was much more blatant and the people who were the targets weren’t happy about it. Surprise.

This is a great point. In the context of 1985 this thesis is very reasonable. And her fears of being held back because of skin color were very real at that time.

Is this really true? Was it SO different for the average black person 23 years ago? It’s an honest question, but not as I recall…

I’m also curious how old many of the posters here were 23 years ago. Have you esperienced M. Obama’s college days world, or is it just something you’re accepting.

Again, an honest question.[/quote]

Well only 7 years ago Jesse Helms was still a senator.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Lorisco wrote:

23 years ago, racism was much more blatant and the people who were the targets weren’t happy about it. Surprise.

This is a great point. In the context of 1985 this thesis is very reasonable. And her fears of being held back because of skin color were very real at that time.

Is this really true? Was it SO different for the average black person 23 years ago? It’s an honest question, but not as I recall…

I’m also curious how old many of the posters here were 23 years ago. Have you esperienced M. Obama’s college days world, or is it just something you’re accepting.

It’s not just an “honest question”. The level of arrogance present to even ask the question is astounding. One of the now most well known women in the world who is clearly highly educated and attended some of the best schools this country has to offer wrote her THESIS PAPER on the subject. If that alone isn’t enough to inform you that racism was present enough to be significant in her life in that time period, exactly what can anyone write that is going to suddenly make you understand it?

Any time I have written what I have experienced on this board I get told that I am just seeing things as if I am too stupid to tell the difference.

If you and those who think like you refuse to listen to people who have experienced it, what good is this question even doing? Why ask?

I am in my early 30’s. I was alive in 1985.

Your question here is a waste of time. No matter what anyone writes, if it isn’t what you want to believe. you will disregard it. You have an entire thesis paper to read on the subject. Clearly you have, right?

Yeah, right.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Dude, I think it is safe to say they just did. There are people right now who thought they would NEVER see someone who is even “half black” make it into office as president in this country.

While some of you seem to have a hard time understanding the significance of that, there is a huge mental barrier that was broken the moment people in general now see that they are not withheld from achieving what can be perceived as the highest place of power in this country.

Anyone trivializing that is clueless beyond words.

So, white America deserves a fair amount of credit for continuing to gradually rid itself of racism, for making significant progress in what is a relatively short period of time? [/quote]

Why would “White America” get credit for the civil rights movement?

[quote]Chushin wrote:

Damn, X take a chill-pill. Is it even conceivable to you that her perception could be different than that of other black people of that time? Even the smartest, best-educated people sometimes have rather skewed views and perceptions, you know. Because SHE wrote it makes it true???[/quote]

Her views in 1985 are skewed and not your own?

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Lorisco wrote:

I has almost thirty at that time. You sir are a stupid idiot. Just what do you think it was like.

Heres an idea do a little reading. Only try to pick some books on Black History. Don’t go through life with an S on your forehead.

Guys like you really piss me off. When you open your mouth you make your brain disappear.

[quote]Alffi wrote:
Slavery allowed the blacks of today to enjoy a relatively high standard of living,affirmative action,white leftist self-guilt,welfare etc.
Back when slavery was for real,life was hard for everyone regardless.

Look at Africa today; how many blacks in white majority countries want to get back there? It is a continent of misery,and was during the time of slavery. Back when South Africa was ruled by the hated apartheid,it was the best country to live in Africa.

After white rule,it degenerated. The discrimination that blacks faced during the time of segregation was not just,but I’m not sure if it was worse than living in the ancestral black dominated region(s).

There,I think I just destroyed american liberal thought in a few sentences that are obvious but rarely uttered out of fear. If anybody can pin the above problems on whites somehow,I’m impressed.[/quote]

You’re clueless.

and that is all?

[quote]phil_leotardo wrote:

That black woman scares me and says things I don’t really understand, or even try to understand. [/quote]

That’s true, that’s true.

I also resent the idea that there is a mystical “America” that gave her opportunities.

No, there were individual Americans that gave her opportunities and she ran with it, I am guessing that she feels pretty sympathetic towards those persons.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
phil_leotardo wrote:

That black woman scares me and says things I don’t really understand, or even try to understand.

That’s true, that’s true. [/quote]

Should women be allowed to speak at all, let alone black ones?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Lorisco wrote:

Again, an honest question.

It’s not just an “honest question”. The level of arrogance present to even ask the question is astounding. One of the now most well known women in the world who is clearly highly educated and attended some of the best schools this country has to offer wrote her THESIS PAPER on the subject. If that alone isn’t enough to inform you that racism was present enough to be significant in her life in that time period, exactly what can anyone write that is going to suddenly make you understand it?

Any time I have written what I have experienced on this board I get told that I am just seeing things as if I am too stupid to tell the difference.

If you and those who think like you refuse to listen to people who have experienced it, what good is this question even doing? Why ask?

I am in my early 30’s. I was alive in 1985.

Your question here is a waste of time. No matter what anyone writes, if it isn’t what you want to believe. you will disregard it. You have an entire thesis paper to read on the subject. Clearly you have, right?

Yeah, right.[/quote]

Good Fin’ response. Why do people work so hard to maintain their ignorance?

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
Alffi wrote:
Slavery allowed the blacks of today to enjoy a relatively high standard of living,affirmative action,white leftist self-guilt,welfare etc.
Back when slavery was for real,life was hard for everyone regardless.

Look at Africa today; how many blacks in white majority countries want to get back there? It is a continent of misery,and was during the time of slavery. Back when South Africa was ruled by the hated apartheid,it was the best country to live in Africa.

After white rule,it degenerated. The discrimination that blacks faced during the time of segregation was not just,but I’m not sure if it was worse than living in the ancestral black dominated region(s).

There,I think I just destroyed american liberal thought in a few sentences that are obvious but rarely uttered out of fear. If anybody can pin the above problems on whites somehow,I’m impressed.

You’re clueless.
[/quote]

I can only hope and pray that poster is a troll of some sort. People aren’t really willing to open their mouths when they’re so clueless…are they?

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
phil_leotardo wrote:

That black woman scares me and says things I don’t really understand, or even try to understand.

That’s true, that’s true. [/quote]

Looks aside, she doesn’t scare me, and I don’t think that she is an especially deep thinker.

[quote]phil_leotardo wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
phil_leotardo wrote:

That’s true, that’s true.

Looks aside, she doesn’t scare me, and I don’t think that she is an especially deep thinker.

[/quote]

well that is probably also true.