Michael J. Fox is a Faker

Rush = Fucking nut
Coulter = Fucking nut
Al Franken = Funny Nut
Bill Mahr = Funny nut

See the difference? Conservative extremists are just nutty, liberal extremists are nutty AND funny!

The extremists don’t represent the majority anyway. O, and FYI, the shaking was caused by too much medication, not a lack of it. The madication causes his shakes, not the disease itself (which is not too say Parkisons isn’t horrible).

People who take things that Rush, Coulter, Oreilly, Franken, Mahr, or Moore say as gospel are extremist nuts, or are waaaaaaay to accepting.

I don’t feel like putting John Stewart on that list, because his news show is more balanced than Fox and CBS :stuck_out_tongue: (At least according to a study done by Indiana U XD).

Both sides do dispicable, horrible things to win votes. Thats why I vote on issues, and the way individual politicians adress the issues, instead of by party or a certain mindset. Even though I classify myself as a “leftist”, I often find myself disagreeing and sometimes even disgusted with the things said by certain liberal “spokespeople”.

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:
Zeppelin795 wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:
Zeppelin795 wrote:
Limbaugh is nothing more than a big corporation shill.

Yea, it’s all about those evil corporations… LOL I love it when you say crap like that. Funny stuff.

Maybe that one sentence was off topic but it is still true.

But I don’t love it when you say stuff like that because it shows you are still under the influence of the corporate propaganda machine.

When people say things like the following they are not thinking rationally:

All Italians love meatballs.

All Black Americans perpetrate acts of crime.

All Women are bitchy.

All those of Irish decent are drunks.

All corporations are evil.

You see my little Internet knitwit these are called sweeping generalizations. And many who make such generalizations are not very bright. I’ve read many of your posts and you live in a world of make believe.

It might be time to rip that tin foil hat off and join the rest of the rational world.

If you don’t yet understand there is no hope for you.

[/quote]

What is typical of the 20th century corporation?

Extractive, wasteful, massive, linear and create dangerous externalities.

Forced by law to place profit above all things, even the public good.

Yes corporations have done nice things but how do they compare to the bad?

In the early days a corporation was subordinate to people. Now it is the other way around.

They are protected - like people - under the 14th amendment.

Examine their typical actions and tell me what kind of person they are?

So many of the U.S. news outlets are owned by so few. They are concerned with those who own them and there advertising. Not the public welfare. You tend to get small fragments of the truth but what is left out is usually the most important things that pertain to the story. Compare foreign and non-corporate news sources U.S. corporate news and you see something totally different. You see a truly different perspective.

You may think I live in a world of make belive, but it is you that is sitting there watching shadows on the wall.

Be content with corporate news sources, if you like. But you do so at your own folly!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Since NO ONE bothered all day to go to Rush’s website and check the source, here it is. And you guys trust the MSM!! LMAO!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102506/content/anchorman_3.guest.html

Ah, the libs!![/quote]

I don’t get your point? I’ve read the original transcript of the show, I know what he said the first time.

I wasn’t aware that Stem cell research was illegal.

Wow, you all are fired up about this.

I am a liberal and I am outraged by Buch and the Republican controlled senate and house, but i still thought the Michael J Fox ad was over the top.

It is just not right for either side to do these tactics. The thing is, it is usually the republicans doing this type of thing. O’Reilly, Coulter, Limbaugh all get a lot of air time and they are extreme. Fox new is the # 1 news station, last I checked. Kind of makes it hard for me to keep defending the Democrats with the ads they are throwing out lately.

I must admit though, I am glad to see some Democrats throwing blows, and cheap shots like Webb and the Reagan ad, or this MJ fox ad. I mean, did anyone catch Clinton on the Fox news? Maybe the Dem’s are going to stop being pussies.

Scientific method is simply isolating and eliminating variables. Some people(like me) believe it to be far inferior to a Zen state of mind.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I wasn’t aware that Stem cell research was illegal.[/quote]

in fact the only veto done by President Bush during his presidency is to veto stem cell research. He maintained that it destroys fetuses.

I maintain he is a hypocrit because 1,000’s of stem cells are destroyed daily by failed invitro fertilization, but he is fine with that. Not to mention the day after pill, he is fine with, which I (a pro choicer) have a problem with because it opens the door to using it as a form of birth control.

My logic based on the fact it is much more involved, painful, and expensive to get an abortion.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
harris447 wrote:

First of, stop jerking off to me.

Second, I never made fun of your asthma. I’ve got asthma; it sucks.

I made fun of the fact that you hide your chickenhawk bullshit behind your inhaler and use a minor inconvenience as the reason why you couldn’t join the service when it was actually your cowardice.

DOD guidelines:
Do we take psycho nutbag psychos with asmtha? (top)

Question:

what is the policy on psychos with asthma in the navy exactly? Do they check your civilian medical records at the MEPS station for lunacy. Are yu a right wing nut job with no clear understanding of world events and have asmtha?

Response: I have been a right wing nut job all my life, and I have asmtha. My father was a right wing nut job without asmtha. I hope to one up him there. I think clearly, but I am still crazy.

Response:
Diagnosed with psychosis and asthma beyond republican limits. Age 12 is too young to begin brainwashing and ethnic cleansing with asmtha. He is too extreme to join, with amtha.

I really don’t see, Harris, why you keep bringing this up. Let this sink in: I COULDN’T JOIN. I was refused. You have a stick in your ass (along with your head) about this.

[/quote]

I fixed your post.

Just joshing with you hunter. You know I love ya man!

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I wasn’t aware that Stem cell research was illegal.[/quote]

Yet from all the news in the last few years you would think it was. The US government is far and away the biggest sponsor of stem cell research and even embryonic stem cell research in the world.

It is a phony issue.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Sloth wrote:
I wasn’t aware that Stem cell research was illegal.

in fact the only veto done by President Bush during his presidency is to veto stem cell research. He maintained that it destroys fetuses.

I maintain he is a hypocrit because 1,000’s of stem cells are destroyed daily by failed invitro fertilization, but he is fine with that. Not to mention the day after pill, he is fine with, which I (a pro choicer) have a problem with because it opens the door to using it as a form of birth control.

My logic based on the fact it is much more involved, painful, and expensive to get an abortion. [/quote]

He only stops the federal funding of new embryonic stem cell lines.

The federal government still funds existing embryonic stem cell lines as well as lines generated by adult stem cells etc.

You have been deceived on this issue.

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:
Zeppelin795 wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:
Zeppelin795 wrote:
Limbaugh is nothing more than a big corporation shill.

Yea, it’s all about those evil corporations… LOL I love it when you say crap like that. Funny stuff.

Maybe that one sentence was off topic but it is still true.

But I don’t love it when you say stuff like that because it shows you are still under the influence of the corporate propaganda machine.

When people say things like the following they are not thinking rationally:

All Italians love meatballs.

All Black Americans perpetrate acts of crime.

All Women are bitchy.

All those of Irish decent are drunks.

All corporations are evil.

You see my little Internet knitwit these are called sweeping generalizations. And many who make such generalizations are not very bright. I’ve read many of your posts and you live in a world of make believe.

It might be time to rip that tin foil hat off and join the rest of the rational world.

If you don’t yet understand there is no hope for you.

What is typical of the 20th century corporation?

Extractive, wasteful, massive, linear and create dangerous externalities.

Forced by law to place profit above all things, even the public good.

Yes corporations have done nice things but how do they compare to the bad?

In the early days a corporation was subordinate to people. Now it is the other way around.

They are protected - like people - under the 14th amendment.

Examine their typical actions and tell me what kind of person they are?

So many of the U.S. news outlets are owned by so few. They are concerned with those who own them and there advertising. Not the public welfare. You tend to get small fragments of the truth but what is left out is usually the most important things that pertain to the story. Compare foreign and non-corporate news sources U.S. corporate news and you see something totally different. You see a truly different perspective.

You may think I live in a world of make belive, but it is you that is sitting there watching shadows on the wall.

Be content with corporate news sources, if you like. But you do so at your own folly!

[/quote]

You go on living in la la land where all corporations are evil.

The rest of the thinking world won’t be generalizing and stereotyping the way you do.

And that’s because we’re smarter than you.

Bye dip shit.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
harris447 wrote:

I made fun of the fact that you hide your chickenhawk bullshit behind your inhaler and use a minor inconvenience as the reason why you couldn’t join the service when it was actually your cowardice.

DOD guidelines:
Is asthma a disqualifying condition? (top)

Question:

what is the policy on asthma in the navy exactly? Do they check your civilian medical records at the MEPS station. I have had asthma past the age of twelve but don’t use an inhaler anymore and am perfectly capable of doing all the physical training required.

Response:

Diagnosed with asthma beyond age 12 is disqualifying, regardless of whether or not you use an inhaler. And yes they can check your medical records if something makes them suspicious, like an asmatha attack at boot camp. This would lead to a discharge for fraudulent enlistment.

I really don’t see, Harris, why you keep bringing this up. Let this sink in: I COULDN’T JOIN. I was refused. You have a stick in your ass (along with your head) about this.

YOU were the one who brought me ino this.

YOU were the one who mentioned me in two of your simpering little bullshit posts.

YOU were the one who gladly took no for an answer because you were, deep down in your heart, too yellow to join.

I seem to remember my grandfather lying to the Army when he joined at the age of 16. But, of course, he didn’t have some debilitating disease like the dread asthma, did he?
[/quote]

Why didn’t you follow Grandpa’s example? He has more balls than you?

I like arguing with you, which is why I mentioned you. You remind me of a character in ‘Barbershop’, one of the crotchety old pharts. He wasn’t immune to the truth though.

[quote]Michael570 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Since NO ONE bothered all day to go to Rush’s website and check the source, here it is. And you guys trust the MSM!! LMAO!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102506/content/anchorman_3.guest.html

Ah, the libs!!

Too funny. That’s your great proof? You posted a link to the guy backing off his accusations. AFTER he starting catching hell for it.

How about you take a moment to remove your head from your ass so you can listen to what he actually said.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200610240001[/quote]

I actually saw the show a long time ago where he said he DELIBERATELY didn’t take his meds, to show people what Parkinson’s is like. He didn’t take his meds now SO HIS POLITICS COULD BE SERVED. That’s exactly what Rush said. Quit letting your hate of rationality blind you.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Um, asthma symptoms vary. From mild inconvience, to absolutely deadly. My step-sister dealt with that shit. Just because you seen’ve some guy get wheezy, hit the inhaler, and get back to business doesn’t mean squat.

Wait till you see someone with an attack so bad he’s unreponsive to his meds, and a EMT is popping an epi-pen in him. It’s a damn war for them just to breath. One sometimes an ER trip can only help. Sometimes it doesn’t. And, you’ll see the fear in their eyes as they will their next breath to come.[/quote]

Our former principal’s wife died from Asthma. Her inhaler didn’t work, her nebulizer didn’t, and she died in the hospital.

Hmmm…since it now costs about $175,000 to train a Marine, could that be a reason why asthmatics arene’t accepted, Harris? They may die or require expensive treatment?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Rush = Fucking nut
Coulter = Fucking nut
Al Franken = Funny Nut
Bill Mahr = Funny nut

See the difference? Conservative extremists are just nutty, liberal extremists are nutty AND funny!

The extremists don’t represent the majority anyway. O, and FYI, the shaking was caused by too much medication, not a lack of it. The madication causes his shakes, not the disease itself (which is not too say Parkisons isn’t horrible).

People who take things that Rush, Coulter, Oreilly, Franken, Mahr, or Moore say as gospel are extremist nuts, or are waaaaaaay to accepting.

I don’t feel like putting John Stewart on that list, because his news show is more balanced than Fox and CBS :stuck_out_tongue: (At least according to a study done by Indiana U XD).

Both sides do dispicable, horrible things to win votes. Thats why I vote on issues, and the way individual politicians adress the issues, instead of by party or a certain mindset. Even though I classify myself as a “leftist”, I often find myself disagreeing and sometimes even disgusted with the things said by certain liberal “spokespeople”.

[/quote]

Oh, Jesus. Please, please, PLEASE tell me you are not this fucking stupid. You call Coulter and Limbaugh ‘fucking nuts’ and the others ‘funny nuts’ because you agree with them. That is why someone with opposite thinking turns that list around and finds the conservatives funny. Because they agree with them. The only difference between the conservatives and the liberal commentators is that the conservatives actually have a viable audience.

GREETINGS!!!

Only a few more weeks to the election!!!

Greetings as well to a couple of new members: petey and mikey0000. Nice to have some more dems on board.

Have to say up front that Rush should not have said anything about Fox.

I also object strongly to the assertion that Republicans are “anti-research.” It is my understanding there has been about 80 cures and breakthroughs with adult stem cells and exactly zero from embryonic cells.

One gets the sense that Fox is suggesting voting for the dem because that dem supports research. Implicitly implying the Republicans are “anti-parkinson research.”

That is wrong and smells of using your disease to score points for your candidate.

Oh, for the tool who said that the Parkinsonian tremor is due to the medicine. Wrong. If the medicine had been the cause, the tremor wouldn’t worsen after stopping it.

Use the cortex.

Oh, for the guys who think Asthma and Parkinson’s aren’t as deadly.

Wrong.

You dinks do know that there are also various levels of severity of Parkinsons?

Right?

Same with asthma. Just because dirty harry can lift his 11 pound dumbells without a problem doesn’t mean that another doesn’t suffer terribly.

For instance, how about the poor 5 year old child who saw his gold fish out of it’s tank gasping for air? The child said that is what I feel like when I’m having an asthmatic attack

Let’s not become so callous and show some empathy. Further, let’s not be so aggressively ignorant.

It cheapens your message.

JeffR

Do you think people still ask Mike for his autograph?

[quote]JeffR wrote:
GREETINGS!!!

Only a few more weeks to the election!!!

Greetings as well to a couple of new members: petey and mikey0000. Nice to have some more dems on board.

Have to say up front that Rush should not have said anything about Fox.

I also object strongly to the assertion that Republicans are “anti-research.” It is my understanding there has been about 80 cures and breakthroughs with adult stem cells and exactly zero from embryonic cells.

One gets the sense that Fox is suggesting voting for the dem because that dem supports research. Implicitly implying the Republicans are “anti-parkinson research.”

That is wrong and smells of using your disease to score points for your candidate.

Oh, for the tool who said that the Parkinsonian tremor is due to the medicine. Wrong. If the medicine had been the cause, the tremor wouldn’t worsen after stopping it.

Use the cortex.

Oh, for the guys who think Asthma and Parkinson’s aren’t as deadly.

Wrong.

You dinks do know that there are also various levels of severity of Parkinsons?

Right?

Same with asthma. Just because dirty harry can lift his 11 pound dumbells without a problem doesn’t mean that another doesn’t suffer terribly.

For instance, how about the poor 5 year old child who saw his gold fish out of it’s tank gasping for air? The child said that is what I feel like when I’m having an asthmatic attack

Let’s not become so callous and show some empathy. Further, let’s not be so aggressively ignorant.

It cheapens your message.

JeffR[/quote]

Great post JeffR

courtesy of Jim Wendler.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Do you think people still ask Mike for his autograph?[/quote]

Funny stuff.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
harris447 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
harris447 wrote:

DOD guidelines:
Is asthma a disqualifying condition? (top)

Question:

what is the policy on asthma in the navy exactly? Do they check your civilian medical records at the MEPS station. I have had asthma past the age of twelve but don’t use an inhaler anymore and am perfectly capable of doing all the physical training required.

Response:

Diagnosed with asthma beyond age 12 is disqualifying, regardless of whether or not you use an inhaler. And yes they can check your medical records if something makes them suspicious, like an asmatha attack at boot camp. This would lead to a discharge for fraudulent enlistment.

YOU were the one who brought me ino this.

YOU were the one who mentioned me in two of your simpering little bullshit posts.

YOU were the one who gladly took no for an answer because you were, deep down in your heart, too yellow to join.

I seem to remember my grandfather lying to the Army when he joined at the age of 16. But, of course, he didn’t have some debilitating disease like the dread asthma, did he?

Why didn’t you follow Grandpa’s example? He has more balls than you?

I like arguing with you, which is why I mentioned you. You remind me of a character in ‘Barbershop’, one of the crotchety old pharts. He wasn’t immune to the truth though.

[/quote]

I idn’t join the army because I neither had, nor have, any desire to.

However, I don’t go around pretneding like I want to be a mercenary and encouraging young people to join up.