Michael J. Fox is a Faker

[quote]Ren wrote:

Oh yeah, I don’t hold asthma in the same vein as Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s. Asthma is a minor inconvenience, the other 2 are clusterfucks.[/quote]

Wow, you’re an insensitive ass huh?

This is directly from the National Safety Council:

"Asthma attacks contribute to parents making nearly a million emergency room visits every year, which accounts for half of the $2 billion cost of treating children with the illness.

Asthma is an illness in which the airways become blocked or narrowed. They cause shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, breathing trouble and other symptoms. If an asthma attack is severe, a person may need emergency treatment to restore normal breathing.

Asthma causes approximately 5,000 deaths per year. Although most asthmatics who die of the disease are more than 50 years old, rates of asthma death have increased in almost all age groups."

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Nope. He’s just a fucking scumbag lunatic.

Although by Rush’s political stance, Fox probably qualifies as a cripple and so should get the gas chamber.

I love when Rush is on drugs. Far more enteraining.[/quote]

Stupidest post ever! (Props to Harris)

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:
Ren wrote:

Oh yeah, I don’t hold asthma in the same vein as Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s. Asthma is a minor inconvenience, the other 2 are clusterfucks.

"Asthma attacks contribute to parents making nearly a million emergency room visits every year, which accounts for half of the $2 billion cost of treating children with the illness.

Asthma is an illness in which the airways become blocked or narrowed. They cause shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, breathing trouble and other symptoms. If an asthma attack is severe, a person may need emergency treatment to restore normal breathing.

Asthma causes approximately 5,000 deaths per year. Although most asthmatics who die of the disease are more than 50 years old, rates of asthma death have increased in almost all age groups."

[/quote]

What’s your point? Painkillers kill people too. At least if you get asthma you know you’re not screwed, its pretty easy to control (I had asthma as a kid). Now if you get Parkinson’s on the other hand…

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:
Zeppelin795 wrote:
Limbaugh is nothing more than a big corporation shill.

Yea, it’s all about those evil corporations… LOL I love it when you say crap like that. Funny stuff.

[/quote]
Maybe that one sentence was off topic but it is still true.

But I don’t love it when you say stuff like that because it shows you are still under the influence of the corporate propaganda machine.

[quote]Ren wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:
Ren wrote:

Oh yeah, I don’t hold asthma in the same vein as Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s. Asthma is a minor inconvenience, the other 2 are clusterfucks.

What’s your point? Painkillers kill people too. At least if you get asthma you know you’re not screwed, its pretty easy to control (I had asthma as a kid). Now if you get Parkinson’s on the other hand…[/quote]

It has NOTHING to do with Parkinsons!

What you did was try to pit one disease against another one, and now you just did it again.

That’s what makes you an insensitive ass!

Tell the family members of the 5000 who died last year from Asthma that it is not a serious disease.

DO YOU GET IT YET?

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:
Zeppelin795 wrote:
Limbaugh is nothing more than a big corporation shill.

Yea, it’s all about those evil corporations… LOL I love it when you say crap like that. Funny stuff.

Maybe that one sentence was off topic but it is still true.

But I don’t love it when you say stuff like that because it shows you are still under the influence of the corporate propaganda machine.

[/quote]

When people say things like the following they are not thinking rationally:

All Italians love meatballs.

All Black Americans perpetrate acts of crime.

All Women are bitchy.

All those of Irish decent are drunks.

All corporations are evil.

You see my little Internet knitwit these are called sweeping generalizations. And many who make such generalizations are not very bright. I’ve read many of your posts and you live in a world of make believe.

It might be time to rip that tin foil hat off and join the rest of the rational world.

If you don’t yet understand there is no hope for you.

To say that ashtma is anywhere near as horrible as Parkinson’s is very, very stupid.

I want to say I’m surprised somehow, but I shouldn’t be…I’m sure Michael J. Fox would much rather have asthma…rrriiiggghhtttt…

pathetic.

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:

What you did was try to pit one disease against another one, and now you just did it again.

Tell the family members of the 5000 who died last year from Asthma that it is not a serious disease.

DO YOU GET IT YET?

[/quote]

No, not really. Still don’t think asthma ranks up there as one of the diseases I really really don’t want to get. And I still don’t see what the big deal about comparing diseases is, but maybe that’s cos I am an insensitive ass.

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:

All those of Irish decent are drunks.

[/quote]

You clearly don’t go out on St. Paddy’s Day do you?

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:
Ren wrote:
Smitty88 wrote:
Ren wrote:

What’s your point? Painkillers kill people too. At least if you get asthma you know you’re not screwed, its pretty easy to control (I had asthma as a kid). Now if you get Parkinson’s on the other hand…

DO YOU GET IT YET?

[/quote]

Actually, it was Headhunter that brought up his having asthma as an attempt to compare the treatment that he received on this board to what limpballs did to Michael J. Fox. Ren’s response is that asthma is controllable and many people live long, happy and healthy lives with it. Parkinson’s, on the other hand doesn’t have the same happy ending.

I don’t think that he was being an insensitive ass as much as he was saying that the inital comparison was ridiculous and should have never been made.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
To say that ashtma is anywhere near as horrible as Parkinson’s is very, very stupid.

I want to say I’m surprised somehow, but I shouldn’t be…I’m sure Michael J. Fox would much rather have asthma…rrriiiggghhtttt…

pathetic.[/quote]

Are you a retard with a computer?

No seriously. Where did I say it was worse or even as bad?

I stated that it is insensitive to put down the seriousness of Asthma just because Parkinsons might be worse.

READING COMP IRISH!

[quote]Ren wrote:
And I still don’t see what the big deal about comparing diseases is, but maybe that’s cos I am an insensitive ass.[/quote]

Now you’ve got it!

Since NO ONE bothered all day to go to Rush’s website and check the source, here it is. And you guys trust the MSM!! LMAO!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102506/content/anchorman_3.guest.html

Ah, the libs!!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Ren wrote:
I think calling Michael J. Fox out about his illness is despicable no matter who does it. Obviously if he was supporting a Republican somewhere some liberal nutjob would probably say the same thing.

Even after apologizing he says Michael is exploiting his illness. Bullshit. Go tell Christopher Reeves he was exploiting his paralysis, or tell Nancy Reagan she’s exploiting her husband’s disease and death.

Crap like that is despicable, regardless who does it.

Some guys on T-Nation, like Harris, have tried to insult me because of my asthma (which kept me out of the military). Does this apply to those guys as well?

[/quote]

First of, stop jerking off to me.

Second, I never made fun of your asthma. I’ve got asthma; it sucks.

I made fun of the fact that you hide your chickenhawk bullshit behind your inhaler and use a minor inconvenience as the reason why you couldn’t join the service when it was actually your cowardice.

[quote]harris447 wrote:

I made fun of the fact that you hide your chickenhawk bullshit behind your inhaler and use a minor inconvenience as the reason why you couldn’t join the service when it was actually your cowardice.[/quote]

DOD guidelines:
Is asthma a disqualifying condition? (top)

Question:

what is the policy on asthma in the navy exactly? Do they check your civilian medical records at the MEPS station. I have had asthma past the age of twelve but don’t use an inhaler anymore and am perfectly capable of doing all the physical training required.

Response:

Diagnosed with asthma beyond age 12 is disqualifying, regardless of whether or not you use an inhaler. And yes they can check your medical records if something makes them suspicious, like an asmatha attack at boot camp. This would lead to a discharge for fraudulent enlistment.

I really don’t see, Harris, why you keep bringing this up. Let this sink in: I COULDN’T JOIN. I was refused. You have a stick in your ass (along with your head) about this.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Since NO ONE bothered all day to go to Rush’s website and check the source, here it is. And you guys trust the MSM!! LMAO!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102506/content/anchorman_3.guest.html
[/quote]

Well, my gosh, why didn’t I ever think of checking Rush’s site to get the “whole story”? If Rush says it then it must be true, and what could be more reliable than Rush telling us what Rush really said? What a fucking joke.

Ah, the fucking crackpots!!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
harris447 wrote:

I made fun of the fact that you hide your chickenhawk bullshit behind your inhaler and use a minor inconvenience as the reason why you couldn’t join the service when it was actually your cowardice.

DOD guidelines:
Is asthma a disqualifying condition? (top)

Question:

what is the policy on asthma in the navy exactly? Do they check your civilian medical records at the MEPS station. I have had asthma past the age of twelve but don’t use an inhaler anymore and am perfectly capable of doing all the physical training required.

Response:

Diagnosed with asthma beyond age 12 is disqualifying, regardless of whether or not you use an inhaler. And yes they can check your medical records if something makes them suspicious, like an asmatha attack at boot camp. This would lead to a discharge for fraudulent enlistment.

I really don’t see, Harris, why you keep bringing this up. Let this sink in: I COULDN’T JOIN. I was refused. You have a stick in your ass (along with your head) about this.

[/quote]

YOU were the one who brought me ino this.

YOU were the one who mentioned me in two of your simpering little bullshit posts.

YOU were the one who gladly took no for an answer because you were, deep down in your heart, too yellow to join.

I seem to remember my grandfather lying to the Army when he joined at the age of 16. But, of course, he didn’t have some debilitating disease like the dread asthma, did he?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Ah, the libs!![/quote]

Too funny. That’s your great proof? You posted a link to the guy backing off his accusations. AFTER he starting catching hell for it.

How about you take a moment to remove your head from your ass so you can listen to what he actually said.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200610240001

Um, asthma symptoms vary. From mild inconvience, to absolutely deadly. My step-sister dealt with that shit. Just because you seen’ve some guy get wheezy, hit the inhaler, and get back to business doesn’t mean squat.

Wait till you see someone with an attack so bad he’s unreponsive to his meds, and a EMT is popping an epi-pen in him. It’s a damn war for them just to breath. One sometimes an ER trip can only help. Sometimes it doesn’t. And, you’ll see the fear in their eyes as they will their next breath to come.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Ren wrote:
I think calling Michael J. Fox out about his illness is despicable no matter who does it. Obviously if he was supporting a Republican somewhere some liberal nutjob would probably say the same thing.

Even after apologizing he says Michael is exploiting his illness. Bullshit. Go tell Christopher Reeves he was exploiting his paralysis, or tell Nancy Reagan she’s exploiting her husband’s disease and death.

Crap like that is despicable, regardless who does it.

Some guys on T-Nation, like Harris, have tried to insult me because of my asthma (which kept me out of the military). Does this apply to those guys as well?

I made fun of the fact that you hide your chickenhawk bullshit behind your inhaler and use a minor inconvenience as the reason why you couldn’t join the service when it was actually your cowardice.[/quote]

Agreed 100% A good friend of mine who is an Army Ranger lied about having asthma. He got deployed last month, and at any time during the hell of a bootcamp or his Ranger training he could have told them he had asthma and packed it in. But when he said he wanted to join the army he actually meant it, he didn’t just want to act tough on a message board.