Mass Development

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
day 3 do 8 sets of 5 high pulls. You can up the reps on high pulls more than you can cleans cause your technique can get a little sloppier w/o provoking injury.

As far as 20 rep squats I told you to do your research man! :-p

anyway the basic gist of it is to load up a weight that you can squat for 10 reps but do 20 reps with it.

There are people who claim to have done this program and not put on much weight. What I found is that most people who say this haven’t put much weight on the bar.

150% (or 1.5 multiplied by your bodyweight) is the absolute MINIMUM that you can have on the bar when doing your 20 reps. Remember thats a MINIMUM!

Add 5-10lbs to the bar every time that you squat! I’m only telling you to do it 1x a week original program said 3x a week. Force the poundage on this exercise it’s a really simple way to add mass, but its hard as fuck.

Be sure to warmup a bit first (do some squats with the bar and maybe a warmup weight)…Stretch your lower back and warm up ur knees.

Then load up around 240 (start out lighter your first time if you’re not acclimated to squats but do your best to build up to this standard and then quickly surpass it (maybe 185 first week 225 second week, 240 third week)).

Squat, Squat, Squat, till you can no longer squat easily (around 10-11) Breathe in DEEPLY 3x, Squat, BREATHE DEEP 3x, SQUAT, and continue till you get to 20.

You will build a mindset of strength far beyond what you knew you had.

You’re going to have doubts and fear flying at you like you’ve never experienced before because of the pain that you feel.

Fear is the mindkiller, and pain is a learned reaction it can be dealt with.

It sounds so easy… it’s not… but it will quickly become addicting (like sky diving or something).

[/quote]

I guess he will need a spotter rite? What if his quads reach muscle failure when he is at the bottom?? what if he can’t get the bar & weight back up on the concentric part of the movement??

Just my doubt, since I’m gonna do these kinda squats myself.