Mass Development

Okay. So, my meals you can see at Fitday, Exdeus - free online diet and fitness journal .

Then my workout routine I do 3 times a week, which consists of:
(everything with exception of abs in 12-10-8 reps)

1. Flat Bench
  2. Incline Chest Press <Superset #2+3>
  3. Pushups <Superset #2+3>
  4. Hack Squats
  5. Walking Lunges
  6. Lat Pulldown - Front
  7. Pullups
  8. Dumbell Curls
  9. Tricep Extensions
  10. 3 Way Dips
  11. Incline Reverse Crunch
  12. Cable Crunch
  13. Bridge (30 seconds - twice)

nothing?

[quote]Exdeus wrote:
nothing?[/quote]

Well, you’re clearly not eating Berardi like we told you. White bread, sugar cookies. And a huge chunk of your calories is coming from the Cytogainer. Bad. You need to have most of your calories come from real food. Go read the Berardi articles and fix your diet. Post the link to your fitday again once you’ve gotten it sorted out and are eating right.

[quote]Exdeus wrote:
Okay. So, my meals you can see at Fitday, Exdeus - free online diet and fitness journal .

1. Flat Bench
  4. Hack Squats
  5. Walking Lunges
  6. Lat Pulldown - Front
  7. Pullups
  8. Dumbell Curls
  9. Tricep Extensions
  10. 3 Way Dips
  12. Cable Crunch
  13. Bridge (30 seconds - twice)[/quote]

Workout looks ok. You might be better off with a T-Nation program. First get your diet in line, and see what your gains are like. If your progress is poor, consider switching programs.

[quote]Exdeus wrote:

1. Flat Bench
  4. Hack Squats
  5. Walking Lunges
  6. Lat Pulldown - Front
  7. Pullups
  8. Dumbell Curls
  9. Tricep Extensions
  10. 3 Way Dips
  12. Cable Crunch

So 3 times a week, you do a 13 exercise program, for 30 reps an exercise, not changing exercise parameters? Your program has 2 leg exercises?

At a guess, you aren’t growing because you don’t eat enough real food and your designated workout is crap.

Read the beginner’s article by Vroom. Pick a workout. Eat more real, whole food. Start again.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Workout looks ok.
[/quote]

Did you even look at that workout?

Go get 7-10 medium size tupperware containers, two drink container with the capacity to carry a quart to half gallon. (One for milk, one for water)

Buy the following:

Tuna
Boiled Eggs
Miracle Whip
→ Mix these together you have a protien packed meal. Easy to carry and you can freeze it. You could eat for 3-4 weeks on maybe 10-12 dollars like that.

Chicken Breasts
Rice
Chopped up vegetables
—> Pre cook them. Can go in one container as a full meal on the go. No excuse you just need a microwave.

Ground Beef…a LOT of ground beef
Spaghetti
Tomatoes
Cans of Tomato paste
—> Spaghetti great weight gaining meal. Easy to carry.

4 Gallons of Milk
—> Your new girlfriends name is Milk.

Peanut butter & Assorted nuts
—> Your new snack. Everywhere you go you have nuts in ur pocket. No homo.

Also purchase several gallons of water.
—>Don’t want to buy water?? Fine use tap water but boil it first and store it after you boil out any impurities. Have a hard time putting down

You’re going to have those three-four meals every day. Along with 1 gallon of milk EVERY SINGLE day. Also 1 gallon of water everyday… Preferably during and post workout. Scrap the gainer shit you don’t need it, take it post workout if you really want to.

YOUR WORKOUT IS BELOW

Utilize www.google.com and the search function on this website for the things you don’t know and if you’re still uncertain ask here on this thread or feel free to PM me. You will train on either Monday, Wednesday, and Friday or Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

One day of rest between workouts.

EX: Sets X Reps.

Weeks 1-4::

Day 1:
20 rep breathing squats (aka Supersquats)
Military presses- 5x5
Pullups-5x5 (add weight if possible)

Day 2:
Deadlifts- 12 heavy singles
Bench Presses- 5x5
Bent Rows- 5x5

Day 3:
High Pulls
Dips- 5x5 (add weight if possible)
Barbell Curls- 5x5

WEEK 5: TAKE OFF DON"T DO ANYTHING EXCEPT REST AND RECUPERATE. Take long walks, enjoy your little time off.

Weeks 6-9::

Day 1:
Military Press-3x12
BREATHING SQUATS (aka Supersquats)-1x20
Pullover-1x20
Bench Press-3x12
Bent Rows-3x15
Kelso Shrugs- 3x8

Day 2:
High Pulls - 1x10, 3x5
Dead lift - 1x10, 2x5,
Wide Grip Shrugs- 1x15, 4x8
One-hand Snatch- strict singles
Dumbbell Presses- 5x5, one hand at a time alternating

Day 3:
Incline Barbell Bench Press- 1x10, 3x5
Push Jerks- 8x2
Front Squats - 1x10, 1x20, 3x3
Sumo Dead lifts- 5x5
Hise Shrugs- 1x20, 3x8

Too simplistic? Don’t like it. Well you haven’t tried it yet. It will kick your ass. Still don’t like it? Well shut the fuck up and just do it… why? Because I was skinnier than you are and followed something similar to this and now I’m bigger and stronger. (From 140 to 180 in less than 2yrs and thats with a lot of breaks and trial and error.)

You just have the benefit of having it all pretty much written out for you.

You now have 8 weeks where you should read every single article on T-Nation in addition to that follow every link that you find presented whether by a contributor or a member.

Ex,

You lucky bastard!!! Most beginners have to wait years to take on board advice like Xen Nova’s - and you’ve got it spelled out for you right there!!!

Do what he says and watch the muscle grow.

oh and high pulls… do 10x3

and if you have a hard time putting down that much water…add some vanilla flavoring, 2-3 drops to a gallon of water makes it pretty bareable.

[quote]Exdeus wrote:

1. Flat Bench
  4. Hack Squats
  5. Walking Lunges
  6. Lat Pulldown - Front
  7. Pullups
  8. Dumbell Curls
  9. Tricep Extensions
  10. 3 Way Dips
  12. Cable Crunch

If you do that workout 3x/week, you will adapt and stop improving in about 1 week in my opinion. Maybe 2-3 weeks if you are a true beginner.

[quote]Massif wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
Workout looks ok.

Did you even look at that workout?
[/quote]

No, you’re right. It’s not a very good workout. I guess I was trying to say get the diet in line first. He seemed pretty set on the workout. I figured get the diet on track and see what progress is like. And he’d be ready to switch to a better program because it wouldn’t be what it sould. But you’re right that it would be better to just do a more effective workout routine from the getgo.

hell if he’s a complete newb he can make decent progress on that for maybe even 8 weeks.

Program i detailed above tho will blow him the fuck up.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
hell if he’s a complete newb he can make decent progress on that for maybe even 8 weeks.

Program i detailed above tho will blow him the fuck up.[/quote]

Xen has delivered the goods - Nice workout and nutrition post!

Xen…I cant thank you enough. That post was great. Im going to do exactly that. Ill update you on the results =]

Nice! I forsee excellent results. Good luck.

[quote]Exdeus wrote:
Xen…I cant thank you enough. That post was great. Im going to do exactly that. Ill update you on the results =][/quote]

[quote]Exdeus wrote:
Xen…I cant thank you enough. That post was great. Im going to do exactly that. Ill update you on the results =][/quote]

Anything to help man just let us know how it goes.

Excellent advice from Xen just to add one thing, muscles don’t grow when you train they grow when you rest! So get a minimum of 8 hours good sleep every night and watch how you grow!

Two questions, how many of the High pulls should I do on day 3, and the breathing squat is just a regular squat but with heavy weight 20 times right? No extra or special movements correct?

day 3 do 8 sets of 5 high pulls. You can up the reps on high pulls more than you can cleans cause your technique can get a little sloppier w/o provoking injury.

As far as 20 rep squats I told you to do your research man! :-p

anyway the basic gist of it is to load up a weight that you can squat for 10 reps but do 20 reps with it.

There are people who claim to have done this program and not put on much weight. What I found is that most people who say this haven’t put much weight on the bar.

150% (or 1.5 multiplied by your bodyweight) is the absolute MINIMUM that you can have on the bar when doing your 20 reps. Remember thats a MINIMUM!

Add 5-10lbs to the bar every time that you squat! I’m only telling you to do it 1x a week original program said 3x a week. Force the poundage on this exercise it’s a really simple way to add mass, but its hard as fuck.

Be sure to warmup a bit first (do some squats with the bar and maybe a warmup weight)…Stretch your lower back and warm up ur knees.

Then load up around 240 (start out lighter your first time if you’re not acclimated to squats but do your best to build up to this standard and then quickly surpass it (maybe 185 first week 225 second week, 240 third week)).

Squat, Squat, Squat, till you can no longer squat easily (around 10-11) Breathe in DEEPLY 3x, Squat, BREATHE DEEP 3x, SQUAT, and continue till you get to 20.

You will build a mindset of strength far beyond what you knew you had.

You’re going to have doubts and fear flying at you like you’ve never experienced before because of the pain that you feel.

Fear is the mindkiller, and pain is a learned reaction it can be dealt with.

It sounds so easy… it’s not… but it will quickly become addicting (like sky diving or something).

Im actually now really looking forward to giving this a shot. Cant wait.