Mariusz Pudzianowski MMA

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Sick Rick wrote:
If he goes into MMA, everyone better quit. Lesnar’s strong and Sapp is big, but Mariusz is on a whole other level. He’s been WSM for 5 fucking years…

i always root for the big guys but size and strength dont help in a technical fight, Royce Gracie proved that way back when.

A man his size and strength that knows how to strike is a dangerous, dangerous man.

[/quote]

Exactly, IMO even the most experienced fighter should consider a man with the size and strength of mariusz a threat not to be taken lightly. The damage potential behind that kind of strength must be unimaginable.

[quote]anonym wrote:
According to Wikipedia, Bob Sapp’s MMA career consists of 10 wins, 3 losses, and 1 draw (most of this going down in the first round).

I don’t follow the sport, but this doesn’t seem to be a particularly bad record…unless there is something I am missing (did he fight a lot of losers?).[/quote]

it isnt, ive just never seen a video of him winning. in fact all the videos ive seen of his were pretty pathetic as in one where he swings at some guy who ducks his punch and goes around him - more than once. it was like a highschool play or something.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Sick Rick wrote:
If he goes into MMA, everyone better quit. Lesnar’s strong and Sapp is big, but Mariusz is on a whole other level. He’s been WSM for 5 fucking years…

i always root for the big guys but size and strength dont help in a technical fight, Royce Gracie proved that way back when.

A man his size and strength that knows how to strike is a dangerous, dangerous man.

[/quote]

the thing is his strength doesnt matter. everyone brings up he was the worlds strongest man, great. bob sapp is strong too but what did that do for him? being strong is great if youre in a streetfight but if youre fighting someone who’s trained to fight, especially in MMA or BJJ where its common to fight guys bigger than you it doesnt matter. being strong doesnt make you last intense 3 minute rounds, being strong doesnt mean you can be knocked out, being strong doesnt mean you cant get your ankle broken.

but yeah id still watch him fight and id still probaly root for em too.

I know that his lack of training would play against him, but just his sheer strength would play a huge part. He may have no ground game, but think of how hard it would be to immobilize him. He could pick someone up and throw them if they tried to triangle choke him.

He may have problems landing hits, but if he was a boxer, with his strength i’m sure he would wreck someone if he got a solid swing in.

Imagine he worked on submissions?

He’d snap your arm in an arm bar before you’d have the time to tap out.

Crazy.

So…Mariusz vs. a chimp. who would win?

wtf nobody can overhead press 600lbs lol

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
I thought people on this board knew about strength?

You people obviously have no idea exactly how fucking strong Mariusz is. Do you think that he will get his ass handed to him by almost every proficient fighter?

And don’t spew the Bob Sapp argument on here, first of all Mariusz has a way better base than Bob, and 2nd you only hear about Bob’s fuckups. He had actually kicked quite some ass simply by using raw power.

I’m not hopping on Mariusz’s dick and saying that he’ll immediately start winning, but I am saying that he will do far more damage than some of you here give him credit for.[/quote]

Savickas kicked his as at every Arnold classic strongman event. does that mean he would be even more badass. Strength is fine, but you need to know how to fight well at a high level.

He is a great athlete,and he did box professionally, but how good was he? He did a fourth degree black belt in something, but then again,how often did he fight?

Strength means something up to a point. As long as the other guy is strong enough to fight well, the ability and will to fight, along with your technical ability will determine how well you do.

A farmer’s walk or stone laoding is nice in that event, but a faster set of hands and hitting you in the puss is another thing.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
the thing is his strength doesnt matter. everyone brings up he was the worlds strongest man, great. bob sapp is strong too but what did that do for him? being strong is great if youre in a streetfight but if youre fighting someone who’s trained to fight, especially in MMA or BJJ where its common to fight guys bigger than you it doesnt matter. being strong doesnt make you last intense 3 minute rounds, being strong doesnt mean you can be knocked out, being strong doesnt mean you cant get your ankle broken.

but yeah id still watch him fight and id still probaly root for em too.[/quote]

Saying strength doesnt matter is crazy, it matter to a point…all thing being equal but one guy is a sloppy 265 vs a guy that is a solid 265 that can compete with strongmen, you’d take the latter. No doubt about it, I do agree that having techinque does matter a lot, especially if it gets to the ground (BJJ). But, MP might have the strength to power through this if his opponent gets him in the mount or another advantageous position. So his strength does make him dangerous, more so on his feet, but then again all it takes is one punch or getting caught in something.

It doesnt matter how much you can bench if you don’t know how to escape from side control.

Strength helps more as skill level becomes closer, but until Maurius spends at least a couple years of training MMA full time he will not stand a chance against any decent fighter.

[quote]A_l3x wrote:
^^ heres a few

Emelianenko Fedor vs Hong-Man Choi

BROCK LESNAR V FRANK MIR

Mirko Cro Cop vs Bob Sapp

[/quote]

That’s good. I don’t follow this sport closely but I’m familiar with the examples you posted. You can post more if you’d like.

The guy who fought Fedor was clumsy. You can tell just by the way he moved. He probably has acromegaly or something of that nature, and obviously isn’t the best example of this trend. People who are clumsy can’t harness their own strength and power correctly.

In Lesnar vs. Mir, which I did watch in its entirety, Lesnar completely dominated the fight until Mir managed to pull off the lucky submission. Here’s the scoop on submissions: If you have to rely on them to save your ass, you are going to get raped more often than not. The vast majority of submission attempts fail (that’s a statistical fact, not my opinion). Submission is the most over-rated aspect of any fighter’s ability. It is basically completely unnecessary and that’s why most guys who specialize in it are smaller. Only the little guys love to pull all the bullshit karate moves. That stuff practically never works the way it’s supposed to in a real fight, it only works in practice. Lesnar basically won that fight, in my opinion. Another minute or two and Mir would have been knocked out. He got very lucky.

Bob Sapp is a huge and ferocious negro, but he has a fairly weak chin. Like many of his tribe, he comes out aggressively but goes downhill fast once his opponents start landing a few hits on him. Cro Cop is very agile, swift, and quite strong for his size, so he was able to keep up with Bob. I attribute his victory to physical prowess, not technical ability.

But speaking of Sapp, didn’t he nearly kill some experienced Pride fighters? I don’t even know what the nicknames stand for, but someone said he gave Nog (Nogeira) a good pounding.

As I said, a weak chin will take anyone down, no matter how big they are. But a big man with a decent chin has the advantage in any fight, regardless of how technically proficient his opponent is.

I watch the fights and I see the expressions on their faces. I see how they come out looking as hard as bulldogs and then by the end of the fight, either one or both of them turn into puppies. I’ve seen it time and again. You are promoting a piece of mythology that makes fighting seem a lot more complex than it is. 98% of fighting comes down to physics and attitude. Attitude is something that people are born with. You don’t develop it in training. But naturally, “professionals” and the organizations who sponsor them always have a vested interest in making things look harder than they seem.

It’s true with doctors, lawyers, accountants, and yes, brawlers, too.

"It doesnt matter how much you can bench if you don’t know how to escape from side control. "

Lol, I’m sorry, but “side control” is a joke. It’s largely an invented concept, much like all that “ground guard” bullshit. Some asshole got knocked onto his back in training one day and put his legs around his opponent, and presto! The “guard” was born. Because nobody had ever done that before in a fight.

For this reason, I love listening to the commentary on UFC. These guy know all the terms, and they’re paid to endorse these phoney concepts of technical proficiency. Whenever Joe Rogan yells, “Oh no, It’s looking pretty for [insert fighter], he’s in an arm bar!” I know that 8 out of 10 times, the guy who is “trapped” is going to break free in about 3 seconds. I keep an informal count of this in my head. It’s funny to see how wrong they are with their predictions.

Don’t you people get it? It’s all marketing. There is no such thing as “side control”. There is no such thing as a “guard”. All there is is fists in your face.

who knows, anything is possible i mean Brock Lesnar is the UFC Heavyweight champ right now you know if Mariusz got in the UFC thatd be like his 3rd fight.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Proving once again that you are the most troll like human being on the planet. I understand you are a real person, but you have to literally go out and try to say the opposite of the truth in order to do it as much as you do. Dude, try this for the next month, Say the exact opposite of what pops into your head. If you find less people laughing at you, punching you in the balls, or farting in your general direction, you may have to adopt this type of speaking. You will probably get used to it eventually.
[/quote]

Vegita, this comes straight from the heart:

I…have…no…desire…to…be…like…you

Don’t you get it? I really don’t. By posting here, I’m not trying to “fit in”. What I’m doing is creating an existence for my ideas, through sheer force of intellectual might.

Since I was a six year old in kindergarden, I’ve been distinctly aware that I was different from the other kids on the playground. I perceived things which they didn’t.

It’s far too late for me to change now.

The simple fact is that I disagree with “the masses” on nearly everything. Not because I want to, but simply because my independent experience has led me to form those contrarian views.

I know that dealing with someone like me must be a real mindfuck for some people. You keep accusing me of trolling. You just can’t wrap your head around the fact that there could be a real person who truly believes the opposite of what you do on nearly everything. Oh well, what can I do? The deficiency is not at my end.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
By posting here, I’m not trying to “fit in”. What I’m doing is creating an existence for my ideas, through sheer force of intellectual might.[/quote]

You’re a funny guy, NP. Seriously.

[quote]anonym wrote:
Nominal Prospect wrote:
By posting here, I’m not trying to “fit in”. What I’m doing is creating an existence for my ideas, through sheer force of intellectual might.

You’re a funny guy, NP. Seriously.[/quote]

Thanks. Gad you liked the quote. I adapted it from Stirner.

http://profiles.incredible-people.com/max-stirner/

The guy who fought Fedor was clumsy. You can tell just by the way he moved. He probably has acromegaly or something of that nature, and obviously isn’t the best example of this trend. People who are clumsy can’t harness their own strength and power correctly.

YES YOUR RIGHT BUT THAT IS WHY I POSTED IT, THO BIGGER THAN FEDOR IT WAS/IS HIS WEAKNESS. WHAT IM SAYING IS THO MP OS ATHLETIC IN TERMS OF STRONG MAN HE ISNT IN MMA, HIS WEAKNESSES OVERPOWERS HIS STRENGTHS.

In Lesnar vs. Mir, which I did watch in its entirety, Lesnar completely dominated the fight until Mir managed to pull off the lucky submission. NO YOUR WRONGE, MIR SAW AN OPENING AND USED IT, THAT IS SKIL. Here’s the scoop on submissions: If you have to rely on them to save your ass, you are going to get raped more often than not.

The vast majority of submission attempts fail (that’s a statistical fact, not my opinion). I AGREE BUT WHATS YOUR POINT? SO DO PUNCHES, KICK ETC, IF THEY DIDNT FIGHTS WOULD BE OVER IN SECONDS BUT NO THEY USE ANOTHER SKILL BLOCKING AND COUNTERS.

Submission is the most over-rated aspect of any fighter’s ability. ONE WORD, GRACIE, ONE OF THE BEST FIGHTERS OF ALL TIME BASED ON SUBMISSIONS. It is basically completely unnecessary and that’s why most guys who specialize in it are smaller. Only the little guys love to pull all the bullshit karate moves.

That stuff practically never works the way it’s supposed to in a real fight, it only works in practice. THATS WHY MORE MMA FIGHT ARE WON BY SUBMISSIONS THAN (FACT, NOT MY OPINION), YOU WONT FIND A HIGH LEVEL OR LOW LEVEL MMA FIGHTRE WHO HASNT A GROUND GAME.

Lesnar basically won that fight, in my opinion. Another minute or two and Mir would have been knocked out. He got very lucky. WHAT?? ANOTHER MINUTE AN LESNAR WOULD OF HAD A BROKEN ANKLE.

Bob Sapp is a huge and ferocious negro, but he has a fairly weak chin. Like many of his tribe, he comes out aggressively but goes downhill fast once his opponents start landing a few hits on him. Cro Cop is very agile, swift, and quite strong for his size, so he was able to keep up with Bob. I attribute his victory to physical prowess, not technical ability.

TO ACHIEVE A KICK THAT WAS POWERFULL ENOUGH TO BREAK SAPPS RIBS (REMEMBER SAPP ISNT SOME GUY OFF THE STREETS) TAKES A LOT OF SKILL ( I CANT SQUAT FOR SHIT YET I HAVE KO’ED A DOORMAN A LOT BIGGER THAN ME WITH A HEAD KICK), THAT KICK LANDED WHERE HE WANTED IT TOO AT THE EXACT RIGHT TIME, THAT IS SKILL.

But speaking of Sapp, didn’t he nearly kill some experienced Pride fighters? I don’t even know what the nicknames stand for, but someone said he gave Nog (Nogeira) a good pounding.

YES HE DID BUT NOG STILL WON, YES WHAT SAPP DID PROB COULD OF KILLED A NORMAL PERSON SO COULDNT YOU SAY IT WAS NOGEIRAS SKILL AND EXPERIENCE THAT “SAVED HIM” AND WON HIM THE FIGHT?

Heres the fight

I watch the fights and I see the expressions on their faces. I see how they come out looking as hard as bulldogs and then by the end of the fight, either one or both of them turn into puppies. I’ve seen it time and again.

You are promoting a piece of mythology that makes fighting seem a lot more complex than it is. 98% of fighting comes down to physics and attitude. Attitude is something that people are born with. You don’t develop it in training.

But naturally, “professionals” and the organizations who sponsor them always have a vested interest in making things look harder than they seem.

YES THE FIGHTERS WILL TO WIN IS A HUGE FACTOR ALONG WITH HIS STRENGTH AND CONDITION BUT NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO WIN OR HOW FIT/STRONG YOU ARE, IF YOU DONT HAVE THE SILL YOU WONT WIN THE FIGHT… WHAT YOU FORGET IS THESE BIGGER GUYS THAT I LISTED THAT LOST ARNT JUST JOES OFF THE STREET, THERE STILL TRAINED AND THEY STILL LOOSE.

It’s true with doctors, lawyers, accountants, and yes, brawlers, too.

"It doesnt matter how much you can bench if you don’t know how to escape from side control. "

Lol, I’m sorry, but “side control” is a joke. It’s largely an invented concept, much like all that “ground guard” bullshit. Some asshole got knocked onto his back in training one day and put his legs around his opponent, and presto! The “guard” was born. Because nobody had ever done that before in a fight.

IVE IMMOBILIZED GUYS 4ST HEAVIER THAN ME BY USING SIDE CONTROL, OK ITS ONLY MY WORD AND IT DOESNT MEEN JACK BUT MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE A TRIP TO YOUR LOCAL FREE FIGHTERS B4 YOU MAKE STATEMENTS LIKE THAT, ESP WHEN YOU HAVE ADMITTED TO NOT KNOWING MUCH ABOUT MMA.

For this reason, I love listening to the commentary on UFC. These guy know all the terms, and they’re paid to endorse these phoney concepts of technical proficiency. Whenever Joe Rogan yells, “Oh no, It’s looking pretty for [insert fighter], he’s in an arm bar!”

I know that 8 out of 10 times, the guy who is “trapped” is going to break free in about 3 seconds. I keep an informal count of this in my head. It’s funny to see how wrong they are with their predictions.

THAT BECAUSE FOR EVERY SUBMISSION THERE IS A COUNTER AND A COUNTER TO THAT BUT AGAIN IS THEM NOT ESCAPING NOT SKILL?

Don’t you people get it? It’s all marketing. There is no such thing as “side control”. There is no such thing as a “guard”. All there is is fists in your face.[/quote]

AGAIN YOU MAKE A STATEMENT ON SOMETHING YOU KNOW SO LITTLE ABOUT.

EDIT: I ve put the stuff i typed in CAPS, so you can see it.

^^ dont know why its done that but i have types stuff between what you have typed.

NP, that is an awesome troll job.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
who knows, anything is possible i mean Brock Lesnar is the UFC Heavyweight champ right now you know if Mariusz got in the UFC thatd be like his 3rd fight.[/quote]

Yeah but Lesnar has a lot of skill and is a very good fighter, people just didnt know it because of the WWE shit.

If MP had a good few years to get a ground game etc this would be a diff convo we would all be having, the point is strength alone isnt enough.

Vegita wrote:
Since I was a six year old in kindergarden, I’ve been distinctly aware that I was different from the other kids on the playground. [/quote]

What happened when you were 6 y. o.? Did you catch the ghey? Sand in your vag? Perhaps a gang of SAMA regulars stuck it in your pooper?