Mariusz Pudzianowski MMA

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Guys, I like Pudzianowski. He’s obviously freakishly strong and remarkably athletic for someone his size, but he would get beat down in an MMA match.

Don’t even try the Lesnar retort either. Lesnar was a college wrestler who’s been training for a bit, not someone who’s been doing axle presses and conans wheel for years. I read he was a boxer, but is that confirmed?

What was his record? For the record I think as soon as Lesnar fights someone with hands he’ll get destroyed.[/quote]

You’re implying that he doesn’t have the technical proficiency to stand with the best in the ring.

Well, technical proficiency is the most over-rated aspect of competitive fighting, to the point where it’s almost a joke. What matters is willpower, attitude, and the ability to take a punch. And above all, PHYSICS.

Bigger/stronger athletes WILL win a majority of the time, regardless of how many “super combo judo tae kwon do” moves their opponents know.

It does not take technical proficiency to be a good fighter. You can practice moves all day long but all of that bullshit leaves your head in 2 seconds flat when someone punches you in the face.

The only thing that could potentially stop MP is a weak chin. That is the basically the only factor that can stop a big and strong fighter from dominating. If he has a good chin, then he is all set.

I think we can all agree he’ll be a roce to reckon with, at the very least.
OT, Always fun when extremely powerful guys get into the ring and actually “lose it” an dget that vicious look in their eyes, not caring what happens anymore - they just want blood.

I remember watching the monstrous bud jeffries (not sure if it WAS him) fight a so-called NHB fight a few years back and he actually ripped his opponents (3time champion) left lat (and some oher random cuts of meat) out of his body with his hand when they went to the ground. Scary and bloody to watch, and he was DQed rght away.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Guys, I like Pudzianowski. He’s obviously freakishly strong and remarkably athletic for someone his size, but he would get beat down in an MMA match.

Don’t even try the Lesnar retort either. Lesnar was a college wrestler who’s been training for a bit, not someone who’s been doing axle presses and conans wheel for years. I read he was a boxer, but is that confirmed?

What was his record? For the record I think as soon as Lesnar fights someone with hands he’ll get destroyed.

You’re implying that he doesn’t have the technical proficiency to stand with the best in the ring.

Well, technical proficiency is the most over-rated aspect of competitive fighting, to the point where it’s almost a joke. What matters is willpower, attitude, and the ability to take a punch. And above all, PHYSICS.

Bigger/stronger athletes WILL win a majority of the time, regardless of how many “super combo judo tae kwon do” moves their opponents know.

It does not take technical proficiency to be a good fighter. You can practice moves all day long but all of that bullshit leaves your head in 2 seconds flat when someone punches you in the face.

The only thing that could potentially stop MP is a weak chin. That is the basically the only factor that can stop a big and strong fighter from dominating. If he has a good chin, then he is all set.[/quote]

WHAT??? You are out of your mind .If you honestly believe that “bigger/stronger athletes WILL win a majority of the time, regardless of how many “super combo judo tae kwon do” moves their opponents know.” I have two words for you: Bob Sapp.

“all of that bullshit leaves your head in 2 seconds flat when someone punches you in the face” is a ridiculous assumption. That’s why fighters train for months on end genius, so it’s not a “shock” when they get punched in the face. That’s also why there’s cornermen and gameplans.

You honestly have NO IDEA of what you’re talking about. NONE.

The only thing that could potentially stop MP is a weak chin. That is the basically the only factor that can stop a big and strong fighter from dominating. If he has a good chin, then he is all set.[/quote]

WOW did you even believe this shit as you typed it? Have you even an idea what MMA is? seen a fight? (and dont mean watching Never Back Down). there are countless examples that disprove what you have stated.

^^ heres a few

Emelianenko Fedor vs Hong-Man Choi

BROCK LESNAR V FRANK MIR

Mirko Cro Cop vs Bob Sapp

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
waldo21212 wrote:
Sick Rick wrote:
Seego wrote:
He’d be something to see but I’m not sure he’ll dominate. He’s going to have to drop some serious weight to get close to a point where he can cut to 265.

Plus he really will have no ground game to speak of. Big obstacles to overcome.

Best bet for him would be in Japan where they would use him in ‘freak show’ matches against Bob Sapp etc.

Why should he actually cut down?

I think it would depend on where he fights if he would have to cut down or not. Some promotions have different weight classes and 265 is not the upper limit for a heavy weight. He supposedly weighs in around 310, and he’s 6’1", so he would have a reach disadvantage fighting some of the tall heavy weights.

If he ever did fight I’d be rooting for him though (although I wish he’d just keep doing strongman instead).

Yeah but think about how fucking awesome it would be if he’d just pick one of those heavyweights and lift him above his head? I mean his max overhead press I believe was over 600…

[/quote]

There is no way he pressed 600 pounds. Maybe a bench, but not an overhead press.

I seriously doubt he would dominate, fighting isn’t lifting.

WhiteFlash wrote:

What was his record? For the record I think as soon as Lesnar fights someone with hands he’ll get destroyed.

Lmao. Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Easy.

Well, technical proficiency is the most over-rated aspect of competitive fighting,

It does not take technical proficiency to be a good fighter.

Where did you get that? I dont know of any title holder in MMA (or any other full contact, NHB events) who wasn’t “technicaly proficient.”

[quote]Styx wrote:
Nominal Prospect wrote:

Well, technical proficiency is the most over-rated aspect of competitive fighting,

It does not take technical proficiency to be a good fighter.

Where did you get that? I dont know of any title holder in MMA (or any other full contact, NHB events) who wasn’t “technicaly proficient.” [/quote]

He got it from being a moron and talking out of his ass.

WhiteFlash wrote:

The original prospect of UFC was basically a showcase of using BJJ to beat bigger guys.
/faceplam

Hmm…

4th Dan karate
7 years experience boxing professionally

• world’s strongest man

A GOOD BASE

Add a couple years of one-on-one MMA instruction and metabolic conditioning and he’ll be a force to be reckoned with.

Everyone seems to be stuck on the idea that MP will immediately become the champion, or immediately suck. Neither of those are a realistic expectation.

MP could reasonably be middle of the pack in his first year, and quickly climb the ranks thereafter.

ElbowStrike

[quote]A_l3x wrote:
^^ heres a few

Emelianenko Fedor vs Hong-Man Choi

BROCK LESNAR V FRANK MIR

Mirko Cro Cop vs Bob Sapp

[/quote]

has Bob Sapp ever won a fight…or even landed a punch?

I thought people on this board knew about strength?

You people obviously have no idea exactly how fucking strong Mariusz is. Do you think that he will get his ass handed to him by almost every proficient fighter?

And don’t spew the Bob Sapp argument on here, first of all Mariusz has a way better base than Bob, and 2nd you only hear about Bob’s fuckups. He had actually kicked quite some ass simply by using raw power.

I’m not hopping on Mariusz’s dick and saying that he’ll immediately start winning, but I am saying that he will do far more damage than some of you here give him credit for.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
I thought people on this board knew about strength?

You people obviously have no idea exactly how fucking strong Mariusz is. Do you think that he will get his ass handed to him by almost every proficient fighter?

And don’t spew the Bob Sapp argument on here, first of all Mariusz has a way better base than Bob, and 2nd you only hear about Bob’s fuckups. He had actually kicked quite some ass simply by using raw power.

I’m not hopping on Mariusz’s dick and saying that he’ll immediately start winning, but I am saying that he will do far more damage than some of you here give him credit for.[/quote]

Strong enough to be named worlds strongest man a few times? How do you know he has a better base than Sapp? Looks to me like when Pudz was carrying atlas stones Sapp was in a ring actually fighting. I’m not completely writing Pudz off, but it’s way too soon to think he’d even do some damage out there. He’s a strength athlete, not a fighter [yet]. Just 'cause you can work a calculater doesn’t make you an accountant, ya know?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Strong enough to be named worlds strongest man a few times? How do you know he has a better base than Sapp? Looks to me like when Pudz was carrying atlas stones Sapp was in a ring actually fighting. I’m not completely writing Pudz off, but it’s way too soon to think he’d even do some damage out there. He’s a strength athlete, not a fighter [yet]. Just 'cause you can work a calculater doesn’t make you an accountant, ya know?[/quote]

Well I can’t disagree with that.

According to Wikipedia, Bob Sapp’s MMA career consists of 10 wins, 3 losses, and 1 draw (most of this going down in the first round).

I don’t follow the sport, but this doesn’t seem to be a particularly bad record…unless there is something I am missing (did he fight a lot of losers?).

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Sick Rick wrote:
If he goes into MMA, everyone better quit. Lesnar’s strong and Sapp is big, but Mariusz is on a whole other level. He’s been WSM for 5 fucking years…

i always root for the big guys but size and strength dont help in a technical fight, Royce Gracie proved that way back when.[/quote]

A man his size and strength that knows how to strike is a dangerous, dangerous man.

WhiteFlash wrote:

Al Shades,

Proving once again that you are the most troll like human being on the planet. I understand you are a real person, but you have to literally go out and try to say the opposite of the truth in order to do it as much as you do. Dude, try this for the next month, Say the exact opposite of what pops into your head. If you find less people laughing at you, punching you in the balls, or farting in your general direction, you may have to adopt this type of speaking. You will probably get used to it eventually.

V

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Sick Rick wrote:
If he goes into MMA, everyone better quit. Lesnar’s strong and Sapp is big, but Mariusz is on a whole other level. He’s been WSM for 5 fucking years…

i always root for the big guys but size and strength dont help in a technical fight, Royce Gracie proved that way back when.

A man his size and strength that knows how to strike is a dangerous, dangerous man.

[/quote]

Tho i agree it would be interesting i think it would be a great shame, he is a legend in the WSM and tho i DONT think he would get his ass handed to him in MMA, i dont believe he would be a real contender.
Yes he may have some boxing skills, tho we dont know for sure (wikipedia does not count lol), all we know is he is strong as fuck and that alone is not enough.
I just wouldnt want him to become another UFC money making joke.

You guys can argue points all day but the bottom line is we’d all tune in to watch.