Marijuana Withdrawal

[quote]elano wrote:
I smoked weed for 7 years and the past 5 years almost every single day. Usually multiple times per day. I never had withdrawals when I quit and that was 3 months ago. You just hate being sober, don’t blame it on the weed. Punk.[/quote]

Whaaaaaa?! You mean, when you quit “cold turkey” you didn’t start foaming at the mouth, having flashbacks, sweating profusely, hallucinated, got a fever of 104.8, and didn’t go into convulsions? Liar.

Oh, and I’ve done the “cold turkey” challenge (SAID PHRASE DOES NOT EXIST WITH MARIJUANA) and I ate less. Hardest transitional period of my life.

And it’s the strangest thing - I’ve known hundreds of potheads. Not people who smoke once a week, or on occasion. People who everyday… all the time. I’ve never heard of ANYTHING people are talking about on this thread from any of them after quitting. Guess they’re all just ‘lucky’ also.

[quote]elano wrote:
I smoked weed for 7 years and the past 5 years almost every single day. Usually multiple times per day. I never had withdrawals when I quit and that was 3 months ago. You just hate being sober, don’t blame it on the weed. Punk.[/quote]

QFT. Never had, or seen, withdrawal like that.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
JGerman wrote:
djrobins wrote:
Weed is a pain killer. Any decisions made which would have normally bothered you, will registered when your not high.

No, it is a hallucegenon (spelling?).

Look it up, fella who took up to 3 hits per day.

It’s not a hallucenogen, it doesn’t make you hallucinate.
[/quote]

They called it trippin weed

Funny thing is, I noticed testicular pain a couple weeks ago after smoking weed.

Hey Hey Hey Hey
Smoke Weed Every day

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
JGerman wrote:
djrobins wrote:
Weed is a pain killer. Any decisions made which would have normally bothered you, will registered when your not high.

No, it is a hallucegenon (spelling?).

Look it up, fella who took up to 3 hits per day.

It’s not a hallucenogen, it doesn’t make you hallucinate.
[/quote]

Where did I say it makes you hallucinate?? It is classified as a hallucenogen in the States.

For the record it is not classified as a pain killer although it may help dj with pain.

Classification
Main article: Effects of cannabis#Psychoactive effects
While many drugs clearly fall into the category of either stimulant, depressant, hallucinogen, or antipsychotic, cannabis, containing both THC and CBD, exhibits a mix of all properties, leaning towards hallucinogen properties due to THC being the primary constituent.[17][18][19]

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:

Funny thing is, I noticed testicular pain a couple weeks ago after smoking weed. [/quote]

Funny thing is, I’ve learned never to believe anything from the news, or the English.

is weed really all that fun to smoke every day?

[quote]SSC wrote:
elano wrote:
I smoked weed for 7 years and the past 5 years almost every single day. Usually multiple times per day. I never had withdrawals when I quit and that was 3 months ago. You just hate being sober, don’t blame it on the weed. Punk.

Whaaaaaa?! You mean, when you quit “cold turkey” you didn’t start foaming at the mouth, having flashbacks, sweating profusely, hallucinated, got a fever of 104.8, and didn’t go into convulsions? Liar.

Oh, and I’ve done the “cold turkey” challenge (SAID PHRASE DOES NOT EXIST WITH MARIJUANA) and I ate less. Hardest transitional period of my life.

And it’s the strangest thing - I’ve known hundreds of potheads. Not people who smoke once a week, or on occasion. People who everyday… all the time. I’ve never heard of ANYTHING people are talking about on this thread from any of them after quitting. Guess they’re all just ‘lucky’ also.[/quote]

I’ve known plenty of potheads too and several of them (but not all) did comment on having trouble sleeping when they first quit. Mind you, this lasted only 2 or 3 days, as my experience has been as well and no one mentioned any of the other stuff the OP brought up.

[quote]Otep wrote:
I thought weed wasn’t addictive.[/quote]

Lol same.

OP, i’m pretty sure it’s just your body freaking out because you got it so used to the endorphins/serotonin. It’ll take a while to even out hormone levels. But weed isn’t addictive. Neither are shrooms. But shrooms are mildly poisonous.

[quote]blake2616 wrote:
OP, i’m pretty sure it’s just your body freaking out because you got it so used to the endorphins/serotonin. It’ll take a while to even out hormone levels. But weed isn’t addictive. Neither are shrooms. But shrooms are mildly poisonous. [/quote]

And totally fun!

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Funny thing is, I’ve learned never to believe anything from the news, or the English.[/quote]

It’s an American Cancer Society study. It’s well known that the testes have cannabinoid receptors, so I don’t know why it’s so hard to believe.

Guys, I’m not anti-pot. I have used it many times. I just find it frustrating that regular pot users treat it like it’s some kind of ambrosia and refuse to believe that it might have a negative impact on health. I like pizza, I eat sometimes weekly, but it doesn’t mean that I don’t think it would turn me into an obese, diabetes-ridden, heart disease patient if I ate it everyday for years.

The OP is definitely on the right track in deciding to quit. At least scale that shit back.

[quote]djrobins wrote:
Mak -

If you have been an EVERY day smoker for more than a year - take the “cold turkey” challenge.

Do all the things you where doing before.

I’ve heard alot of people mentioning “the cloud being lifted”[/quote]

I was an every day smoker when I was 17 until I hit 19. I quit for 6 months no probs and now smoke on occasion.

I felt nothing.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
Funny thing is, I’ve learned never to believe anything from the news, or the English.

It’s an American Cancer Society study. It’s well known that the testes have cannabinoid receptors, so I don’t know why it’s so hard to believe.

Guys, I’m not anti-pot. I have used it many times. I just find it frustrating that regular pot users treat it like it’s some kind of ambrosia and refuse to believe that it might have a negative impact on health. I like pizza, I eat sometimes weekly, but it doesn’t mean that I don’t think it would turn me into an obese, diabetes-ridden, heart disease patient if I ate it everyday for years.

The OP is definitely on the right track in deciding to quit. At least scale that shit back.
[/quote]

Shit, I totally agree. I think any regular weed smokers will tell you your lungs will take a hit, and especially memory. I’ve also noticed that when I smoke more, I tend to be much less charismatic, upbeat, funny, and clever. Those three things together have DEFINITELY influenced my severe reduction / stopping of smoking, as well as my future in the health field.

What I DO disagree with is people treating this shit like it’s cocaine. People can give me all of the ‘scientific data’ that says otherwise (Wait, protein and steroids kill according to these same scientists, right?) but I know, from myself and from many friends, that quitting pot ‘cold turkey’ just means that you save money and brain cells. There may be slight irritability or restlessness when it’s sleep time, but that’s because the body is so use to having a copious amount of melatonin readily available.

A couple of years is nothing… I smoked every DAY for over a decade… and believe me… there are physiological issues with quitting… you don’t just ‘not sleep well’ cuz it’s in your head… Weed naturally suppresses a LOT of emotion… and when you stop smoking every day… you tend to go into a mild emotional roller-coaster… you get anxious one minute… sad the next… it’s not CRAZY MAD or anything… but it is there…

My experience with people who smoke every day is that they all hate themselves and use weed to escape. Out of more than twenty people, every daily user is like this. I call correlation.

Therefore, it makes sense to feel like shit when you quit. Because you suck.

Well I certainly didn’t hate myself… however I did have some hangups and issues in life… that’s for sure… I would agree that it is the drug of people in a rut lifestyle… I know I was in one… but ya… did have some emotional issues once quitting… if others haven’t… I envy them… but I certainly experienced a few…

This kids gonna be pissed if he ever smokes again.
I smoked for 5 years straight in college…my buddy used to sell, I had unlimited amounts of it…headies mainly too. I actually sat down once and tried to figure out how much I smoked in college…I think it loosely came out to like an 1/8th to a 1/4 a day, and Im not trying to be big dick on thread or anything, I literally abused the shit out of smoking.

Anyways, I noticed I wasn’t as “fast” mentally as I was before, and I noticed I had some serious problems remembering things at work and CE classes. Annnd on top of that I was running into financial problems. So there were many reasons for me to stop. I decided to quit cold Turkey…which basically took like 6 times to get it right. This last time I hadnt smoked for about 4 months straight, and everything was going great. It had been the longest period I had stopped smoking since I had originally started back in highschool.

Thhhen Pineapple Express came out on DVD…I went to one of my buddies to watch it, and ended up smoking a blunt. 1 blunt…1 measely blunt and I was off my rocker. Had the sweats, thought I was going to faint at a point…and talk about feeling anxiety…I bascially FREAKED OUT!!!

I’m soo pissed…I enjoyed smoking so much back in the day…now I find out I cant even take a hit without freakin out man…hah it sucks.
Soo the moral of the story is, if you really enjoy it and you dont think its affecting you seriously…I can see cutting back…but don’t quit.

Remember Nobody likes a quiter