Marijuana Withdrawal

I think the symptoms are likely caused by quitting cold turkey; why not just reduce your usage over a period of time so your body has time to adjust.

The only effect I get when taking a break from smoking is difficulty getting to sleep, which goes away in time tho it usually takes awhile. I always just try and get to bed early and spend some time relaxing before I actually need to get to bed, I wouldn’t recommend taking any other substances while you are already trying to quit weed.

[quote]jdarkraget wrote:
Never knew it existed until I stopped smoking it. After heavy use for the last 2.5 years I decided to quit cold turkey.

Right now im regretting my decision. I feel like vomiting off and on all day. My hands are dripping wet. I have no desire to eat at all. (I’ve lost 6 lbs in 2days.)My body also cant regulate temp it seems. Im hot for a few mins the cold for a few. Not to mention I’ve taken herbal sleep aids+tylenol pm and still can’t sleep worth shit.

Anyone else going/gone through this???

Is there anything I can do to ease these effects?

I just want to SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!! I don’t know how long I can go without decent sleep before I snap.[/quote]

Good god, how heavy were you using? I’ve gone from 5 blunts a day to nothing when I came upstate for school and I’ve had ZERO issues that you’ve mentioned.

Why quit? Money? Get a job that drug tests?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

Good god, how heavy were you using? I’ve gone from 5 blunts a day to nothing when I came upstate for school and I’ve had ZERO issues that you’ve mentioned.

Why quit? Money? Get a job that drug tests?
[/quote]

… The LEAST I’ve smoked in the last 2years would prob be 3 times in a day the last few months have been just overboard with a oz of cheaper stuff lasting me+my girl a few days.

Reason for quitting? I need get my life in order. Gotta get me a better job and save up some money. My memory was starting to feel the effects of it but my wallet is what was really hurting. I could have my car payed off I put all the money into it instead of weed.

I’m still pro-marijuana and will smoke again someday. Going to invest in a vaporizer when I do though. Gonna keep it to a few times a week instead of a few times before noon.

How much were you spending on pot? I have been smoking something called Kush. It is about $15 a gram, but I can?t smoke more than a hit every hour or so. An oz. would last me years

Sucks to be you, NERD

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
How much were you spending on pot? I have been smoking something called Kush. It is about $15 a gram, but I can?t smoke more than a hit every hour or so. An oz. would last me years [/quote]

ALOT. I liked to mix some good fire with mids 1/4fire+oz mids =A lot of fantastic blunts.

I prefer just picking up 20’s at a time. A gram of good shit makes a perfectly fine blunt.

Of course I only smoke once a week now <_<

[quote]Otep wrote:
I thought weed wasn’t addictive.[/quote]

It’s not physically addictive.

[quote]djrobins wrote:
I smoked weed every day in college, every day for about two years straight.

Some times multiple hits in a day. I found I had to even take tests high, because I did my studying HIGH.

I quit cold turkey, for me it was alot of emotional pain, because I did alot of stupid shit that came back on me. So I was mad.

And it was hard to sleep at first.

It depends on the person, because I’ve heard this from others.

I also know every day weed smokers who will say I’m full of shit. They still haven’t taken my 30 day challenge of not being high.[/quote]

You’re full of shit. I’ll take your gay challenge.

[quote]djrobins wrote:
Weed is a pain killer. Any decisions made which would have normally bothered you, will registered when your not high.[/quote]

No, it is a hallucegenon (spelling?).

Look it up, fella who took up to 3 hits per day.

[quote]JGerman wrote:
djrobins wrote:
Weed is a pain killer. Any decisions made which would have normally bothered you, will registered when your not high.

Look it up, fella who took up to 3 hits per day. [/quote]

It’s not a hallucenogen, it doesn’t make you hallucinate.

Mak -

If you have been an EVERY day smoker for more than a year - take the “cold turkey” challenge.

Do all the things you where doing before.

I’ve heard alot of people mentioning “the cloud being lifted”

Depends… I’ve smoked EVERY DAY for more then 1/2 my life… quit in October… and I was ALWAYS an advocate of it not being physically addictive… I dunno about addiction… but I certainly got moody… couldn’t sleep properly etc… once off it… I think the ‘it’s not physically addictive’ studies were done on that old school hippy bunk from the 70s… right up until the 80s or early 90s… the shit now a days is RARELY pure… and will go across the border now almost… lb for lb for coke… at least the upper ontario hydro around these parts… some of the BC bud too…

Anyway…

I quit… and it was REALLY REALLY Hard… harder then cigarettes… for me anyway… but it gets better… it’s like this cloud of ‘dumb’ lifts off your head… I got prescribed non addictive sleep aids from the doc… helped quite a bit…

stick it through man… and get beyond the ‘riding the pink cloud’ stage…

You can DO THIS!!

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
No offence but it’s not physically addictive.

It’s all in your head dude.[/quote]

It is absolutely ALL in his head. I smoked very heavily every day for over a year and a half and when I stopped (err, stopped for a short time to inevitably slow down) recently the only side affect was sleeplessness. After about a week of only sleeping 2-4 hours max I eventually got some good sleep. It’s all psychological. Stick to your decision and rid yourself o a mental dependency on marijuana. One of the best decisions I ever made not feeling like I HAVE TO smoke all the time.

Kratom is a controlled substance in Thailand, Bhutan, Australia, Finland, Lithuania, Malaysia and Myanmar (Burma). A handful of people in Malaysia and possibly other countries are lobbying their governments to allow medical research into kratom as a potential prescription substance.

The DEA has added Kratom to their list of “drugs and chemicals of concern”.

-wikipedia

get it while you can, sounds like great shit

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
JGerman wrote:
djrobins wrote:
Weed is a pain killer. Any decisions made which would have normally bothered you, will registered when your not high.

[/quote]

It’s actually a mild hallucinogen

For about 3 years I was a Heavy pot smoker, 2-5 times a day, going through 1-1.5 oz per week of a good mild bud.

I quit cold turkey on the day my friend and dealer got busted with 3lb of weed + other stuff, I was on my way over to his house, saw 6+ cop cars out front and just kept on going.

When I quit smoking I had a very hard time sleeping and would often go 2-3 days in a row without sleeping and then crash for 12 hours. In all reality I still do not sleep all that well, GABA and Melatonin have helped but it still takes me 1-3 hours to fall asleep from the time I go to bed.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Sick Rick wrote:
JGerman wrote:
djrobins wrote:

It’s actually a mild hallucinogen[/quote]

Mild, very mild, I have only met one person who actually hallucinated on weed and really I think it was more of a mental issue with her.

I smoked weed for 7 years and the past 5 years almost every single day. Usually multiple times per day. I never had withdrawals when I quit and that was 3 months ago. You just hate being sober, don’t blame it on the weed. Punk.

[quote]elano wrote:
I smoked weed for 7 years and the past 5 years almost every single day. Usually multiple times per day. I never had withdrawals when I quit and that was 3 months ago. You just hate being sober, don’t blame it on the weed. Punk.[/quote]

/thread