Luke Cage?

[quote]Spartan300 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
harris447 wrote:
Two things: Luke Cage wasn’t the first Black superhero. Black Panther was. (1968)

And, I read the script for this flick a couple of years ago. If they haven’t changed it too much, they have a god movie on their hands.

I have faith in Singleton. He’s a long time geek; I used to see him in the Golden Apple buying his comics whe I lived in LA.

They are trying to give it an R rating which I think is great. They need to quit making this shit as if only G-rated movie goers will be watching it.

Absolutly! That’s what made Blade I & II so good. Blade III became the typical " add some comic relief so everyone from 10 to 100 will like it" Bullshit. if i remember right I & II were rated R and III was not.[/quote]

I hated Blade III. It was a huge let down. After two good movies, that was the worst way to go out. They need to be shot and then run over by a Hummer for that shit.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
harris447 wrote:

Plus, you retarded jackass doofus, John Singleton didn’t direct FATF 2, and Tyrese HAS signed to do Luke Cage.

I didn’t know he was signed yet. I am looking forward to how he fills the role out.[/quote]

Ditto.

I think what is getting lost in the thread so far is the most important part - a Hollywood movie is being made based on a comic book where they are looking for the lead to be big and muscular. The proof will be in the pudding (or the pecs, as the case may be) when the film is actually made, but this is a good first sign.

[quote]JD430 wrote:
I voet for Ving Rhames or Michael Clark Duncan.

[/quote]

Two excellent choices! Big, highly qualified actors with presence and charisma. Regardless, I’m looking forward to the comic come to life. I say hooray for Marvel Universe!

[quote]Kuz wrote:
Professor X wrote:
harris447 wrote:

Plus, you retarded jackass doofus, John Singleton didn’t direct FATF 2, and Tyrese HAS signed to do Luke Cage.

I didn’t know he was signed yet. I am looking forward to how he fills the role out.

Ditto.

I think what is getting lost in the thread so far is the most important part - a Hollywood movie is being made based on a comic book where they are looking for the lead to be big and muscular. The proof will be in the pudding (or the pecs, as the case may be) when the film is actually made, but this is a good first sign.[/quote]

Exactly. It doesn’t seem like we will be in for plastic body parts and CGI muscles.

I hated Blade III. It was a huge let down. After two good movies, that was the worst way to go out. They need to be shot and then run over by a Hummer for that shit.[/quote]

Did anyone notice how Snipes ‘suddenly’ disappeared when Blade 3 came out? He didn’t even want to promote it and was/is shying away because he knows it’s a shitty flick.

OARSMAN wrote:
This is hilarious.

You flame me for suggesting that casting Brad Pitt as Achilles was not as ludicrous as a lot of people on this board seem to make it, because you guys have some conception of Achilles as some Herculean physique possessing superhero - though nothing in the existing literature about Achilles suggests that.

Then you state that skinny Tyrese, a black Brad Pitt, Abercrombie looking pretty boy if there ever was one, is a great casting pick for Luke Cage? Are you kidding me?

If there is anyone out there who could be Luke Cage it should be Monte Brown from TNA wrestling - too bad he can’t act.

What exactly is your issue? Not only did I put a HUGE question mark in the title of this thread, but I pointed out that he is BULKING UP for the role and put emphasis on his claim that he will be benching 415lbs just to get ready for it. Obviously there is a HUGE difference between that and Brad Pitt. Are you done being a jackass or is there more to come?[/quote]

Uh, I’d point out, gently SIR, that his claim that he will be benching 415 “just to get ready for it” is a bit presumptuous at best. It’s like me claiming to be getting ready for a powerlifting meet and stating that I’ll be benching 600 to get ready for it. Uh, I’m nowhere near 600.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
Uh, I’d point out, gently SIR, that his claim that he will be benching 415 “just to get ready for it” is a bit presumptuous at best. It’s like me claiming to be getting ready for a powerlifting meet and stating that I’ll be benching 600 to get ready for it. Uh, I’m nowhere near 600.

[/quote]

I’m sorry, did I write that I am claiming he will bench 415lbs, or did I write that HE is claiming he will bench 415lbs? If it is the latter, why point it out to me at all, SIR?

TheBodyGuard wrote:

I’m sorry, did I write that I am claiming he will bench 415lbs, or did I write that HE is claiming he will bench 415lbs? If it is the latter, why point it out to me at all, SIR?[/quote]

Because its YOUR post you sarcastic and argumentive ass. Don’t take everything personal - it was contained in your post - it was not your express claim - satisfied?

By the way, I think he must’ve said 450lb. Who the hell randomly says 415? You say 250, 300, 350…right?

I was really loaded and just busted into the theatre and watched Annapolis, which blew ass. But Ty Gibson was the only decently built dude in the whole damn movie. If he works on it properly he can look the part, whether he has to bench 450lb to get there or not.

Yes, yes he did.
2 Fast 2 Furious
AKA - The Fast and the Furious 2
Directed by John Singleton

As for a good Cage, 6’ 4" Henry Simmons - Det. Baldwin Jones from NYPD.

He’s not a big enough name, but he’s a big enough guy.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
Professor X wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:

I’m sorry, did I write that I am claiming he will bench 415lbs, or did I write that HE is claiming he will bench 415lbs? If it is the latter, why point it out to me at all, SIR?

Because its YOUR post you sarcastic and argumentive ass. Don’t take everything personal - it was contained in your post - it was not your express claim - satisfied?
[/quote]

The point being made to you, is why not simply state your opinion? Why put me in at all with your opinion, SIR?

415lbs isn’t anything like 600lbs. It is pretty obvious that he trains regularly and to match this role, that is about how much he would need to be able to bench press.

My wife and I had the chance to meet Tyrese in person over the summer. He must have been either training for this role or just for the hell of it because he was in pretty descent shape. I think he will handle the physical part of the role just fine.

IMDB has him listed as the director on that project

I never read the comic so I dont know what Cage is supposed to look like… but what about Michael Jai White… he’s pretty jacked… or Quincy Taylor from Be Cool…

[quote]sugarfree wrote:

Yes, yes he did.
2 Fast 2 Furious

He’s not a big enough name, but he’s a big enough guy.[/quote]

This dude? He isn’t any bigger than Tyrese. He’s just taller.

Tyrese can act. There is no doubt about that. Everything he’s been in he’s played the part well given what he was given in terms of script and direction. With some more size he could pull it off convincingly especially considering Hollywood’s current trend of actors for certain parts.

I think its an alright casting job. Like I said I’d rather see someone who wants the part and is willing to do whatever to get it than just some jackass who gets casted. You don’t have to look exactly like the charactor to make it work. Are they going with the original Luke Cage or the Ultimate Luke Cage?

I hated 2 fast 2 Furious,I thought the dialogue was crap but mostly because Paul Walker is a peice of shit. As far as Monty Brown…have you ever watched NWA Impact?The guy is TERRIBLE on the mic. Not just bad,not just sucky but TERRIBLE. I have a hard time listening to his promos because they come off like he just stepped out of 1985.

PS SWEEEEEET CHRISTMAS!

I second terry crews or Ving rhames. Is Iron fist gonna make an apperance? Did Cage have his own comic first and then teamed up with Iron Fist or was it the other way around? It’s been awhile since I read any of the comics.

[quote]mrdav2u wrote:

IMDB has him listed as the director on that project

[/quote]

I grew up on Higher Learning, Poetic Justice and Boyz n The Hood. I hated 2 Fast 2 Furious. I also hated Shaft. Of the 12 movies he is credited for, that isn’t that bad of a batting average in my honest opinion. If anyone could relate a story about a character like this into movie form with the right budget, who else would be right for it? What director do you all think would do this better?

[quote]assbuster wrote:
My wife and I had the chance to meet Tyrese in person over the summer. He must have been either training for this role or just for the hell of it because he was in pretty descent shape. I think he will handle the physical part of the role just fine.[/quote]

I think so too if he can add the weight. I seriously doubt he is going to hit the screen looking like he did 10 years ago in modeling ads. It all depends on how much muscle he can add to his frame.

sugarfree wrote:

Yes, yes he did.
2 Fast 2 Furious

He’s not a big enough name, but he’s a big enough guy.

This dude? He isn’t any bigger than Tyrese. He’s just taller.[/quote]

That’s an old picture of him. He is a lot bigger now - at least he was last year on NYPD Blue.

DB