Luke Cage?

Oarsman,

If you didn’t have this bitchy little vandetta of yours going, you wouldn’t be making such an ass out of yourself.

You are drawing a lot of inferences from a single lonely question. If you think the answer is no, you could just say so.

Your move, tough guy!

This guy claims he wil bulk up enough to bench 415.

If he pulls it off it may be the first time there is an actor that has the right physique to play a superhero.

You cannot look at pictures of him now and make the call. We have to see what he does. At least he is saying the right things.

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
and finally: an Abercrombie boy. Not much difference between the 3. [/quote]

he actually looks bigger

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
This is hilarious.

You flame me for suggesting that casting Brad Pitt as Achilles was not as ludicrous as a lot of people on this board seem to make it, because you guys have some conception of Achilles as some Herculean physique possessing superhero - though nothing in the existing literature about Achilles suggests that.

Then you state that skinny Tyrese, a black Brad Pitt, Abercrombie looking pretty boy if there ever was one, is a great casting pick for Luke Cage? Are you kidding me?

If there is anyone out there who could be Luke Cage it should be Monte Brown from TNA wrestling - too bad he can’t act.

[/quote]

I bet you cant bench 415 sunshine; and neither can I; so lets leave him alone he’s bigger than us.

Terry Crews: this guy over Tyrese for Luke Cage - much bigger (6’3/245) and better actor too.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

What double standard, doofus? [/quote]

I don’t see you ripping Tyrese. You are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

[quote]
Why do you think the question mark is in the title? [/quote]

because he hasn’t been cast yet.

[quote]
Why do you think I questioned whether he can bench 415lbs? Even Singleton seems to be waiting to see if Tyrese can deliver on the image before he gets casted. The talk is that Tyrese wants the part real bad and is willing to add the muscle until he gets it. If he can add the weight and look more the part, I will be the first to cheer him on for it. [/quote]

80 lbs? He’ll be waiting awhile.

[quote]
I seriously doubt that even Singleton would cast someone for this who doesn’t look like he would fit because Singleton doesn’t do typical “Hollywood” movies.[/quote]

Really? What do you call that garbage known as “Fast and the Furious 2?” or “Shaft”?

[quote]
His stuff has always been of a deeper level. [/quote]

Not really. Not all of it.

[quote]
If Christian Bale can go through drastic physique changes, why do you think Tyrese can’t?[/quote]

I never said he couldn’t he just has a long way to go.

[quote]
There is no double standard here, you retarded jackass.[/quote]

Again with the insults!

[quote]
No one is claiming that Tyrese looked the part before. The entire focus is on whether he CAN look the part. Grow the fuck up.[/quote]

Grow the fuck up? I’m not the one calling people “doofus” and “retarded jackass”.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
OARSMAN wrote:
and finally: an Abercrombie boy. Not much difference between the 3.

he actually looks bigger[/quote]

sure. but not by much. oh yeah, abercrombie boy is much paler, too.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Oarsman,

If you didn’t have this bitchy little vandetta of yours going, you wouldn’t be making such an ass out of yourself.[/quote]

I have no vendetta against Professor X -

I was just pointing out an inconsistency.

[quote]
You are drawing a lot of inferences from a single lonely question. If you think the answer is no, you could just say so.[/quote]

Fine. I think Tyrese would make a shitty Luke Cage.

[quote]
Your move, tough guy![/quote]

Ooooh… Tough guy! Your attempt at sarcasm has me quaking in my Nikes!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
This guy claims he wil bulk up enough to bench 415.

If he pulls it off it may be the first time there is an actor that has the right physique to play a superhero.

You cannot look at pictures of him now and make the call. We have to see what he does. At least he is saying the right things.[/quote]

I truly hope he can do it. It would be impressive to see if he can make enough of a change and may set a new standard. They seem to have just glossed over Bale’s physique change when that may be the most dramatic change in movie history.

How long is it before they’d even start shooting?

These Hollywood folks aren’t exactly going to get ready unassisted. They will have the best professional and medical help money can buy.

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
this is what Luke Cage should look like: pro wrestler Monty Brown[/quote]

What about that new wrestler Bobby Lashley? He is a monster! Sorry, have no idea how to post a pic.

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
vroom wrote:
Oarsman,

If you didn’t have this bitchy little vandetta of yours going, you wouldn’t be making such an ass out of yourself.

I have no vendetta against Professor X -

I was just pointing out an inconsistency.

[/quote]

What inconsistancy? A question is not a claim. How do you think like this and continue breathing on your own? This has been explained to you yet you continue onward as if it hasn’t.

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
Terry Crews: this guy over Tyrese for Luke Cage - much bigger (6’3/245) and better actor too.

[/quote]

Much as you’re being a douchebag, I was about to post that Terry Crews (from The Longest Yard remake, or the TV show “Everybody Hates Chris”) might make a great Luke Cage as well.

Tyrese is big enough, and will get bigger. My only problem with him (and this is kinda moot, since he is definitely doing the flick) is that he’s…well, pretty.

Luke was the first “ghetto” superhero. He was a little older than most of the other heroes, and a bit rougher. He was an ex-con, after all (for a crime he didn’t commit, of course.)

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
Professor X wrote:

What double standard, doofus?

I don’t see you ripping Tyrese. You are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Why do you think the question mark is in the title?

because he hasn’t been cast yet.

Why do you think I questioned whether he can bench 415lbs? Even Singleton seems to be waiting to see if Tyrese can deliver on the image before he gets casted. The talk is that Tyrese wants the part real bad and is willing to add the muscle until he gets it. If he can add the weight and look more the part, I will be the first to cheer him on for it.

80 lbs? He’ll be waiting awhile.

I seriously doubt that even Singleton would cast someone for this who doesn’t look like he would fit because Singleton doesn’t do typical “Hollywood” movies.

Really? What do you call that garbage known as “Fast and the Furious 2?” or “Shaft”?

His stuff has always been of a deeper level.

Not really. Not all of it.

If Christian Bale can go through drastic physique changes, why do you think Tyrese can’t?

I never said he couldn’t he just has a long way to go.

There is no double standard here, you retarded jackass.

Again with the insults!

No one is claiming that Tyrese looked the part before. The entire focus is on whether he CAN look the part. Grow the fuck up.

Grow the fuck up? I’m not the one calling people “doofus” and “retarded jackass”.

[/quote]

Plus, you retarded jackass doofus, John Singleton didn’t direct FATF 2, and Tyrese HAS signed to do Luke Cage.

OARSMAN wrote:

And he would look even bigger if he could find some lats. This looks like beach muscle training at its best (iow, worst).

DB

[quote]harris447 wrote:
OARSMAN wrote:

Much as you’re being a douchebag, I was about to post that Terry Crews (from The Longest Yard remake, or the TV show “Everybody Hates Chris”) might make a great Luke Cage as well.

Tyrese is big enough, and will get bigger. My only problem with him (and this is kinda moot, since he is definitely doing the flick) is that he’s…well, pretty.

Luke was the first “ghetto” superhero. He was a little older than most of the other heroes, and a bit rougher. He was an ex-con, after all (for a crime he didn’t commit, of course.)[/quote]

I agree. That would be a good pick. He fits the part anyway. If he added even more size, he would look impressive on screen. Then again, it isn’t like Tyrese has been signed yet. He is just putting his bid out there and hoping he gets signed. What pissed me off was someone actually mentioned they were thinking of Jamie Fox for the role.

[quote]harris447 wrote:

Plus, you retarded jackass doofus, John Singleton didn’t direct FATF 2, and Tyrese HAS signed to do Luke Cage.
[/quote]

I didn’t know he was signed yet. I am looking forward to how he fills the role out.

OARSMAN wrote:

That’s what I was thinking. I mean he’s not big, but I didn’t think abercrombie used models that muscular.

batman is far smaller than luke cage

i dont even think tyrese is a bad actor, like some others, but i dont like him as cage

michale duncan(sp) would be good,i just feel like it may be a little trite

but he is a good actor, and large enough

I voet for Ving Rhames or Michael Clark Duncan.

Tyrese is way to scrawny to play Luke Cage.