Happy birthday man!

1 Like

happy birthday!

1 Like

Happy birthday hog. :beer:

1 Like

Happy bday gainshog!

1 Like

Thx to all for the birthday wishes. I went to bed at 8:30pm and woke up around 9am. I was tired.

7 Likes

You working very hard on the DH and it’s beginning to take its toll.
Recover well Hog, get the head down and finish it

1 Like

Nice sleeping!!! Looks like you needed it!

1 Like

So crazy idea…

We are talking about doing blindfolded maxes when we test. It would be within reason, but the guys spotting would load the bar based on the previous rep and the lifter would be blindfolded so they can’t see the weight on the bar.

3 Likes

You might want to try that with submax loads first. You focus on a point with your eyes when you lift. Take that away and you might find yourself a little off balance.

2 Likes

Make sure you video this, it has Darwin awards written all over it !!!lmao

5 Likes

Use the force hog, see it in your mind

2 Likes

I feel you could lift more without a blindfold. In a video of alphas his gym buddies just loaded it up and he walked towards it looking up sort of, then looked straight forward and didn’t know what he was lifting. Could do something like that

1 Like

Happy birthday big man. Sorry I missed it! I’m doing @Frank_C 's Mantathalon Challenge on Saturday, but it sounds like you aren’t interested in that.

How about a 1.0x bench, 1.25x squat, and 1.5x deadlift challenge? Weights are based on bodyweight and it’s 1 amrap set for each. I already know you’d kill me on the deads portion but I think it’d be a pretty even matchup…

3 Likes

Blindfolded max lifts… The Hog way to workout :slight_smile:
As Big J said, I would try that out before I did it, maybe on the deload week, just to get a feel.

Actually lifting blindfolded sounds like a horrible idea. Being blindfolded until you set up and are ready to go is probably an interesting way to take out your own expectations of what the weight should feel like.

1 Like

I’m a bit late to the party, but happy birthday, Horse-Hog!!