London Riots

bloody hell

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

bloody hell[/quote]

What an absolute joke.

“Hey officer, stand there like a muppet and act like you can do something…”

England needs a big supply of rubber bullets imo.

And a gallows.

spread out to Liverpool, Birmingham and Bristol now too

organised crime more than anything now, facebook/ twitter etc all being blamed now lol

[quote]Adam-F wrote:
spread out to Liverpool, Birmingham and Bristol now too

organised crime more than anything now, facebook/ twitter etc all being blamed now lol [/quote]

Yea I was reading this morning that they are using Blackberry’s for messaging as the service cannot be monitored by police?

I want to live in NZ. =(

Heard from someone on the radio (not sure who, some population expert), that the problem is the kids (most of the rioters are) feel they’re invincible.
They can’t be disciplined at home because it’s considered child abuse.
They can’t be disciplined in schools because it’s against their human rights, and the right to an education; and again, child abuse.
The police are powerless because of all the red tape and bureaucracy they have to wade through to actually get something done, coupled with a woeful lack of funding.

13 years of a government that rewards people for being lazy with a faulty welfare support system has created a culture of disrespect with the attitude that it is acceptable behaviour to vandalise for the sake of destruction (which I feel is why it’s spread to other cities). No-one will be punished because of this due to a diffusion of responsibility, and a lack of police officers.

Call me a cynical bastard but it’s a truly sorry state of affairs. The fact that when something goes off, and people feel this is the correct way to behave and deal with the situation makes me ashamed to say I’m British.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

bloody hell[/quote]

What an absolute joke.

“Hey officer, stand there like a muppet and act like you can do something…”[/quote]

They are vastly outnumbered, what do you expect them to do? Its the people higher up who need to pull their fingers out.

Theresa may seems to be refusing to advocate the use of water cannons and sending the army in… whilst safely locked away in her 1mil + pad.

Instead of smashing up our towns, why dont they go to the fucking politicians house… the posh areas of london? Oh wait, it’s cos theyre not protesting, just an excuse for these cunts to cause havoc.

[quote]rugggby wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

bloody hell[/quote]

What an absolute joke.

“Hey officer, stand there like a muppet and act like you can do something…”[/quote]

They are vastly outnumbered, what do you expect them to do? Its the people higher up who need to pull their fingers out.

Theresa may seems to be refusing to advocate the use of water cannons and sending the army in… whilst safely locked away in her 1mil + pad.

Instead of smashing up our towns, why dont they go to the fucking politicians house… the posh areas of london? Oh wait, it’s cos theyre not protesting, just an excuse for these cunts to cause havoc.[/quote]

20 ‘vastly outnumbered’ cops with guns and rubber bullets would only need to make an example of a few people before they cleared off.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]rugggby wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

bloody hell[/quote]

What an absolute joke.

Instead of smashing up our towns, why dont they go to the fucking politicians house… the posh areas of london? Oh wait, it’s cos theyre not protesting, just an excuse for these cunts to cause havoc.[/quote]

20 ‘vastly outnumbered’ cops with guns and rubber bullets would only need to make an example of a few people before they cleared off.[/quote]

This isnt the middle east. If the police shot a few, it would make matters worse. We are not the type of country that people would run off scared. Youths are not scared of ‘the system’, have no respect for the police officers.

Dont get my wrong, i would LOVE to see these pricks get mowed down by a blaze of gun fire, rubber or real, but it will never happen.

I’m so fucking angry at the moment, this is on my door step, my town has been destroyed pretty much.

EDIT: i have no idea why you put ‘vastly outnumbered’. There was at most 8 in that video, no guns, no rubbet bullets. How is what you said even relevant?

[quote]iamlufbra91 wrote:
Heard from someone on the radio (not sure who, some population expert), that the problem is the kids (most of the rioters are) feel they’re invincible.
They can’t be disciplined in schools because it’s against their human rights, and the right to an education; and again, child abuse.
The police are powerless because of all the red tape and bureaucracy they have to wade through to actually get something done, coupled with a woeful lack of funding.

13 years of a government that rewards people for being lazy with a faulty welfare support system has created a culture of disrespect with the attitude that it is acceptable behaviour to vandalise for the sake of destruction (which I feel is why it’s spread to other cities). No-one will be punished because of this due to a diffusion of responsibility, and a lack of police officers.

Call me a cynical bastard but it’s a truly sorry state of affairs. The fact that when something goes off, and people feel this is the correct way to behave and deal with the situation makes me ashamed to say I’m British. [/quote]

I think this person is right on spot on everything.
Reminds me of those Canadian riots too. Any excuse is valid to just destroy things, take pictures, upload them to FB, etc.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

Call me a cynical bastard but it’s a truly sorry state of affairs. The fact that when something goes off, and people feel this is the correct way to behave and deal with the situation makes me ashamed to say I’m British. [/quote]

I think this person is right on spot on everything.
Reminds me of those Canadian riots too. Any excuse is valid to just destroy things, take pictures, upload them to FB, etc.
[/quote]

It IS completely spot on. The way we are run has to change, we are going down the shitter.

[quote]rugggby wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]rugggby wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

bloody hell[/quote]

What an absolute joke.

20 ‘vastly outnumbered’ cops with guns and rubber bullets would only need to make an example of a few people before they cleared off.[/quote]

This isnt the middle east. If the police shot a few, it would make matters worse. We are not the type of country that people would run off scared. Youths are not scared of ‘the system’, have no respect for the police officers.

Dont get my wrong, i would LOVE to see these pricks get mowed down by a blaze of gun fire, rubber or real, but it will never happen.

I’m so fucking angry at the moment, this is on my door step, my town has been destroyed pretty much.

EDIT: i have no idea why you put ‘vastly outnumbered’. There was at most 8 in that video, no guns, no rubbet bullets. How is what you said even relevant?[/quote]

He’s making the point that in that video had the cops been armed with guns firing rubber bullets - it would only take a few targets to disperse a crowd. Fear of the system or not; police aiming firearms and firing on you is a hell of an incentive to run the fuck away.

Not that it isn’t a moot point really. It’s clearly not going to happen.

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]rugggby wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]rugggby wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

bloody hell[/quote]

What an absolute joke.

EDIT: i have no idea why you put ‘vastly outnumbered’. There was at most 8 in that video, no guns, no rubbet bullets. How is what you said even relevant?[/quote]

He’s making the point that in that video had the cops been armed with guns firing rubber bullets - it would only take a few targets to disperse a crowd. Fear of the system or not; police aiming firearms and firing on you is a hell of an incentive to run the fuck away.

Not that it isn’t a moot point really. It’s clearly not going to happen.

[/quote]

Oh i gotcha. I cant think straight atm to be honest. Yeah youre right, it wont happen. It should though. I have no idea why we pride ourselves on being a tolerant country when we allow people to walk all over us.

Good points raised and true to a greater extent. We’ve spent so much time and energy focusing on being politically correct and detailing human rights that we’ve basically backed ourselves into a corner when, in instances like these, people abuse those rights.

Things have definitely changed. This has just gone ridiculously beyond protest and is literally just hooliganism. Hooligans should, at the VERY least, be met with reasonable force. When I was a kid in the 70-80’s I never knew anyone who would pull this kind of shit and today is a long way from the anti-violent protest movements of the 60’s+.

Also…who the fuck signed Clegg, Cameron and Osborne’s holiday slips???

The Deputy Prime Minister had this to say -
"Nick Clegg today insisted the Government was still working ‘very effectively’ despite David Cameron and George Osborne remaining abroad.

The Deputy Prime Minister rejected criticism over the three most powerful men in Westminster taking a holiday at the same time after returning to work.

He said: 'I reject completely this notion that somehow this Government hasn’t been functioning very effectively indeed last week and this week.

‘I have been speaking to members of the Government. I spoke to the Prime Minister this morning, to the Chancellor last night, to the Home Secretary yesterday, to the Business Secretary, to the Energy Secretary, to the Foreign Secretary; we are in constant contact with each other and we are working effectively together as a team this week as we do every week of the year.’

He added: ‘We have arranged things to make sure this Government works effectively on all the issues of the day.’

Meanwhile, a fresh problem has erupted with the worst rioting in Britain for years as troublemakers in Tottenham react to the police shooting of a suspected gangster.

The police commander in charge of that area of London flew off on holiday hours before violence broke out on Saturday, ignoring warnings of a potential backlash.

However, Mayor of London Boris Johnson has so far refused to end his holiday, justifying the move by declaring his ‘full confidence’ in the police’s ability to handle the situation.

The Prime Minister is not due back at work until August 15th. He will only be back in London for seven days before going on another week-long family trip somewhere in Britain.

Read more: London riots and the economy's going up in smoke but don't worry Clegg's 'in charge' | Daily Mail Online

It’s just fucking ludicrous. The fucking Mayor of London, on holiday, has full confidence in the police forces ability to helplessly backpeddle away from riotous mobs?

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

bloody hell[/quote]

I saw this video last night and I shook my head. What can 8 or 9 cops do against a mob of worthless scum like that?

I’m not a big fan of the police but Props to those guys for putting their life at risk though.

[/quote]

Great post.

Completely agree. We have had weak, ineffectual government for the past 20 years. 13 years of which has seen the left meddle and socially engineer society. We have created a culture of entitlement, and removed any sense of responsibility from the youth. Things are at a stage where no matter what they do, they are not held accountable. Will things get better? Not that I can see.

I agree. This political correctness, what we call in Spanish, “buenismo”, has to stop. People have rights and some people need help, yes, agreed, but you can’t let people abuse all this. When there were protests in riots, police went overboard, brutally attacking people who were kneeling, sitting, etc. That has no excuse.

But people who are destroying things? They must be stopped and taught a lesson. Not just for those who were there, but for all of them. Being young doesn’t make you immortal or untouchable.

There is a video going around, with someone that looks like a tourist in a bloody heap on the floor, clearly attacked, with one thug helping him up, whilst others steal from his back pack.