LarryDavid's Training Log

My gym membership ends this month so I’ll be going to my school gym on Tuesday. I didn’t have a scheduled workout today but I went today to use the machines that aren’t available at the school gym [lol] but it ended up turning into a back day with some lateral raises at the end. A lot of PRs, as I’ve been getting the past week.

Back, Light Delts
Machine Diverging Rows-50x8, 100x8, 150x5, 180x5
Machine Diverging Pulldowns- 50x?, 100x8, 150x6
Cable Seated Rows-55x?, 85x8, 115x8, 145x8, 175x6
Lat Pulldowns- 55x?, 85x8, 115x8, 145x6, 175x6
Cable Lateral Raises- 10x10, 20x8, 30x8 [didn’t do these for weight, just pump and good contraction]

^J. Cole Freestyle over an old Kanye beat from Beanie Sigel’s ‘Nothing Like It’ Maaaan I like where Kanye’s taking his music but sometimes I just want to hear those old soul sampling beats he used to be able to make in sleep.

Speaking of newish Kanye

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Larry, lil Wayne is [still] terrible. I agree with your boy that Pete Rock is top 5. You see the Jazz moved Williams? Crazy. Making killer progress bro.[/quote]

lol Good to see to back around here :D.

Man, I don’t even think Deron signed an extension before the trade. He could feasible play out his contract and leave NJ, too. In a couple of years NJ may have gotten nothing for the guys they traded.[/quote]

Yeah, if they don’t bring in some better players there;s no way he sticks around. That was a crzy deadline.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
Speaking of newish Kanye

Dude, I’ll never understand how he didn’t choose this to be one of the earlier singles. Would have done much better than Monster, and even Power.

Great song [not that the other two I mentioned aren’t].

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Larry, lil Wayne is [still] terrible. I agree with your boy that Pete Rock is top 5. You see the Jazz moved Williams? Crazy. Making killer progress bro.[/quote]

lol Good to see to back around here :D.

Man, I don’t even think Deron signed an extension before the trade. He could feasible play out his contract and leave NJ, too. In a couple of years NJ may have gotten nothing for the guys they traded.[/quote]

Yeah, if they don’t bring in some better players there;s no way he sticks around. That was a crzy deadline.[/quote]

No doubt man, I don’t remember one being this eventful.

Last day at this gym, and holy crap I made use of it.

Chest, Light Delts+Tris
Incline DB Bench Press-35x8, 60x5, 85x10
Flat DB Bench Press- 35x8, 60x5, 85x5
HS Incline Press- 50x6, 90x5, 140x3, 180x10
Machine Chest Flyes- 100x8, 160x6, 220x6, 280x9, 295x6, 300x3
DB Lateral Raises- 10x10, 20x8, 30x8
Cable Pushdowns- 100x?, 160x?, 215x?

Big PRs on almost all of my chest exercises, none on the others because I go light on tri’s and delts unless it’s my actual shoulder or arm day. Finally got 10 reps on DB incline with the 85s, finally got 10 reps with two plates per side on HS incline, I’m not sure if 85x5 is a PR on DB flat bench but it’s the best I’ve done since I started this log I believe.

And on machine flyes I got to 280x9 then realised I was on level away from the stack, so I did 295x6 :D. Then I remembered a lot of flye machines go to 300 so I added a 5lb weight and did 300x3. I bet if I didn’t go to failure with 280 and 295 I could have gotten a more impressive number of reps with 300. Oh well, I’ve never maxed out a machine before so that felt cool :D.

New Lupe Fiasco album out on March 8th:

I keep forgetting my notebook now that I go to the school gym, but I’ll remember tomorrow.

On Tuesday I did legs, it was Front Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extension, Leg Curls, Lunges, not in that order but blah.

Today I did shoulder and light triceps. Included: DB Shoulder Press, DB Laterals, Machine Laterals, Cable Laterals, Machine Reverse Flyes, Cable pushdowns, PJR Pullovers, and I think that’s it.

Also over the past few days I’m remembering why this gym sucks [lack of good equipment] and why it’s great [better environment, saves money]. Overall it’s worse though :/. But it’s fine.

Chest, Light Delts Arms
Incline Bench Press-45x?, 95x8, 135x6, 155x3, 175x3, 185x6 [*]
DB Incline Bench Press- 35x8, 60x6, 80x6
DB Flat Bench- 35x6, 65x5, 80x4
Machine Flyes- 100x8, 160x6, 220x5, 250x5
DB Lateral Raises- 10x10, 20x10, 30x8
Cable Pushdowns-160x15, 10, 10
Machine Preacher Curls- 50x?, 80x10, 110x10, 140x8

*easy, and my spotter was a new guy, he kind of had his hands in the way the whole time. Nice guy though, I’m not angry at him or anything. But after the fifth rep when the speed started slowing down I just said ‘one more’ and left it at that. I think I’d have done better without a spotter, not to mention this was my first time incline BB benching in a while, I think I’ll get over 200 pretty quickly. Then two plates a side :D.