Lanchefan1's 5/3/1 Log

Ok we break from our regularly scheduled log to change this up.

I managed to injure myselft at work, this sucks ass.

So day 1 of injury slept in late and have had a shitty time moving around all day. Heading out to get some whirlpool action and see if I can help this to feel better.

Ok so now were on day 3, not feeling any better and starting to feel new pains that are making me very leery. Pain is now down the back of my right leg, and I have pinpoint pain in my groin are that possibly feels like a hernia.

Follow up with the work comp doc tomorrow to see what’s up.

Wow hard to believe I’m turning 41!

If you’d have asked me 20 years ago about this day I would have laughed my ass off.

Instead I’m now 30 days post back injury, looking at possibly having an EMG and Epidural Steroid Injections.

Working out would be nice now, but I’ve been finding any kind of motivation very tough lately!

Ok back in the gym FINALLY! Had to cut all of my weight in about half, major ego crush to start over from scratch again. But I’ve got to make sure I don’t do any more damage or injure myself more to set myself back farther.

I’ve learned I have a shit load of “core” work to do so I can return to work.

From the results of the EMG I am definately looking at some type of injections at the L5 nerve, get to discuss with the doc next week and go from there.

Did a light squat workout this week and bench yesterday. Today was a Cosgrove complex from hell.

Hard to believe it’s been since June since I last posted in here. Injections have worked and life is starting to return. Going back into the gym is rough since I am doing a fraction of what I used to do.

So today continued the slow climb back up.

OH Press 70, 80 and 90x6

Pull ups with 75 assist, 55 assist, 35 assist and 3.5 @ BW

did some dips a plank circuit and pushed the E-Prowler around for 15min.

Felt pretty good.

Thinking I should prolly have this log moved to the “Over 35” and just admit that I’m not a youngin anymore lol.