Lanchefan1's 5/3/1 Log

Military and pullups today.

Military 3@95, 3@105

After two days at work and a full day working on my truck it was back to the gym today.

Squat 5@190, 3@215, 6@240

Leg Press 5x15@250, Glute Ham with Seated Calf and finished with some pull-thrus.

10 min on the treadmill and 10 min on the Precor.

Ok today was the Waterbury complex with a couple of added twist. Started it off with box jumps before going into the Waterbury template. At the end of the template did 500m of rowing. Did this for three complexes.

Finished it off with a mile run in 9:30

Alright at the firehouse yesterday and today. No training yesterday, used it as a rest/lazy/eat what the fuck I want to day.

Back on Thursday bench 5@165, 3@185, 3@205 much better than before.

Hammer row machine, DB incline, shrugs and bar curls were also done. Also got to yell at my brother in law for doing curls in the squat rack (dumbass!).

Finished with some time on the treadmill

Well a serious lack of calls today, which is a huge bummer.

Got in 15 min on the step mill various levels, about 10 min on the treadmill.

Then did 21-15-9 with KB swings, floor press and sit ups.

Now time for some grub and watch some olympics!

Alright got to do two days worth of logging here.

Yesterday deadlifts 5@225, 3@255, 3@285 (PR)

then came the rest leg lifts, stand calf, static plank and knee lockouts. Thinking about adding in some light front squats on the next cycle.

Today was the EVIL 9 - I say 9 because my 24hr has a track 6 laps = 1 mile. So each round gets a lap also.

Did this with 30# on the bar total time 26:04, then did some other accessory work. Tonight will be some foam rolling…

Ok couple days of posting again…

On 3/2 military and chins

military 5@100, 3@115, 4@125 - Pulldowns 5@150, 3@180, 4@210, chins 4 reps with bw. Then did some dips.

On 3/3 did the weight plate circuit with a 25# plate added in a lap around the track.

3/4 and 3/5 have been spent at the firehouse so some working out got done but nothing serious.

Ok the past week was deload, nothing serious did some complexes and went for a run a couple of times.

At the firehouse yesterday and today going to do a basic complex workout today and start a extra program I found at twentypullups.com

Hopefully this gets the amount of pullups I can do higher.

Ok it was a rough one at work. Did grass fire training all afternoon, a ton of walking.

On 3/12 did squats 5@180, 5@210 and 8@235 doing touch and goes off a fairly low step. Then did some other stuff.

On 3/15 did bench 5@155, 5@180, 5@205 (this is a big deal I am positive I have NEVER benched this much before). Also did some accessory work

Back to the grind with deadlifts tomorrow.

So 3/19 was Deads

5@215, 5@250 and 7@285 (rep PR) the last set was awesome!! NEVER have I deadlifted that much for reps before.
Finished with some leg lifts, stand calf, TKE and KB swings. Also did some extra pull up work, and 20 min on the Precor at various levels.

3/20 Military

5@95, 5@110, 1@125 backed off and did 4@115. Made too large of a jump on these.

Did some assisted chins, dips, kroc rows, db skullcrushers and floor presses. Also ran 1/2 mile.

Well todays training consisted of two hours of training this morning in full gear on air.

This afternoon did 20 mmin on the eliptical and another 10 min of a dumbbell complex. So all in all not bad.

Except the fact my knees are killing me from crawling around in one of our concrete structures for 30 min.

Well let’s see here, I’m finally feeling a little more back to normal. So I guess time to catch up!

Way back did some deadlifting 3@235, 3@265, 3@300 felt really good. Did some leg lifts and stand calf. Finished with some 1 leg DL and front squat, and some time on the treadmill at an incline.

Various other things between then and now.

4/5 Military 3@95, 3@110

Well I guess I should recap the week since it was pretty good.

Did the last squat workout managed 265 for 5 reps on the last set. Going deep enough now, they felt really good. Did some other accessory bullshit.

Did the last chest workout for the cycle. This is the kicker here!! For the first time in my life (keep in mind I have NEVER had a strong bench). I was able to put up 225 for 2 reps!! Big PR here.

Also did some other stuff.

Spent the last two days at work managed to fit in some cardio work and some lighter stuff.

Bodyweight before coming to work was 213.8 , won’t have a bodyfat measurement until about the 16th.

You know I spent time writing up this nice long post and the fucking thing didn’t take?!

WTF!!!

Well it’s been awhile since I posted in here. Still been working out just not putting it down in here.

So I figured with the calendar switching over for me (turning 40!) I would start putting shit in here again. Maybe even a pic or two.

Start of a new cycle;

squats 5@200, 5@230

Well I benched the other day and it sucked balls. Lost some strength so I need to re-evaluate the rest of the cycle.

Today was work so firehouse workout tonight. 20 min on the treadmill followed by some pullups and 1 arm DB snatches.

Fairly light on calls so far.

Well let’s see, tried to go after it but damn life keeps getting in the way!!

On the 23rd did squats 5@200, 5@230

Well I must admit I have been seriously slacking on posting shit. Hmmmmm

Well I’ve done some deadlifts, some military and some pull ups. Worked in some prowler time and pushing a lawn mower around for 2 hours getting a sunburn and gpp.

Today at the firehouse was a fairly busy day so I benched 3@170, 3@190 and 3@215. Not very motivated and then was interrupted by calls back to back.

So I went back to it later for some steady state cardio for 30 min on the treadmill.

So we will see if I’m up tonight or not. Luckily I’m about 3 weeks away from 2 weeks off!!!

Wow my last post was in July!! Maybe I better get back into the flow here…

So it’s back to work today, my bodyweight has been floating around 205. I haven’t been this light since I just got out of academy. My numbers have improved a ton from when I first started this whole 5/3/1 program.

My numbers now are as follows;

Squat 290 - at correct depth PR
Bench 225 - PR
Deadlift 330 - PR
Military 130 - PR

After taking some time off I dropped down a little bit but now looking to go past these numbers in the coming cycles!

So today was some rehab, eliptical, treadmill, then some shoulder work and bi’s and tri’s.

Well missed posting my last workout so I’ll post todays

Deadlift 5@225, 5@255, 7@290

Did some high bar squats since I don’t have access to a safety bar, some good mornings and finished with the eliptical for 20 min.