Kettlebells and Tattoo Sleeves

[quote]Loolu wrote:
Why do people get so upset over covering their tattoos??? I’ve got one on my inner right bicep, and wasn’t at all surprised or offended when i had to cover it up when i was volunteering with children. [/quote]

You make a good point.

This is how it should be explained to ones like the woman Rampant Badger interviewed:

1. Tattoos make you bad ass.
  2. You get asked to cover them up because some people will see them and then be disturbed/scared by your badd ass nature.
  3. Agree and think that this all means you are really bad ass.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
lol

1. Called you a sexist
  2. Cried
  3. Confirmed approval from her obviously superior peer group

Oh god, hilarious, just so perfect. Was she in her early to mid 20s?[/quote]

yeah mid 20s. chick logic eh

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
Women who get loads of tatts and scream about not judging them usually become confused about why they dont get hired for good jobs.

Slut tattoos are just…urgh. You could make a day trip to the mall and spot how many assistants/managers have them.[/quote]

I do a lot of interviewing. People with stupid tatts make my life very easy.

A young male will walk in for an entry level job, with a neck tattoo peaking out of his shirt. His pants being halfway down his ass is usually a bonus.

I will look up and say you aren’t qualified to work here. He’ll say why. I tell him that neck tattoos are against policy and also you can’t even meet the basic of business dress on your interview. He said I didn’t understand today’s youth. No, I understand just fine young man, you don’t understand today’s job market. Goodbye.
[/quote]
I have too really good friends that have tattoos all over there arms and chest which are visible if they have a t-shirt on. Basically if they don’t have a long sleeve dress shirt on with all the buttons done up you can see the ink.

If they see a job they might want they first have to find the company policy’s online and see if they even qualify. If it’s not online they have to call and ask and if its a small company that means there first point of contact is a tattoo question. I just don’t understand why people would pay someone to make them non-hire-able.

I mean seriously, I like cigars and drinking beer but I don’t show up to interviews inebriated and smelling like a smoke shop. [/quote]

Absolutely. Intrinsically its not that big of a deal, but I don’t like the mentality of burning your bridges and shutting down your options at such a young age.

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:

Remembered another one:
I had one girl with a great resume I wanted to hire who had a small star above her thumb and admitted to having a butterfly behind her ear but hidden by her hair.

She said she really wanted the job and had a great attitude. I told her to come in for a final interview that afternoon with my business partner which would basically be a rubber stamp for her being appointed. One condition, that if hired she agrees to have the star removed by her 6 week evaluation. She reluctantly shook on it.

Comes back 30 mins later in tears, tells me she can’t do it -I’m a patriarchal asshole, doesn’t like being ‘judged on her body’, all her friends think she looks professional, its whats on the inside yada yada. [/quote]

Couldn’t she just cover it up with makeup? I’m considering a tattooed wedding band in the next few years, what’s the professional opinion of that?
[/quote]

I’m a sucker for girls crying and was actually going to suggest that as a compromise but then she started cursing me out so game over.

If you want a job in any kind of formal profession like law or finance or any decent corporation for that matter then don’t do it. If you want an 18 inch tattoo of your girls name across your belly that’s your business but leave hands and neck alone.

Remember its not just about you, you need to consider the bucket-load of ambitious clean cut Ivy league types and ridiculously hard working Asian kids all clamouring to get on the ladder.

Remembered another one:
I had one girl with a great resume I wanted to hire who had a small star above her thumb and admitted to having a butterfly behind her ear but hidden by her hair.

She said she really wanted the job and had a great attitude. I told her to come in for a final interview that afternoon with my business partner which would basically be a rubber stamp for her being appointed. One condition, that if hired she agrees to have the star removed by her 6 week evaluation. She reluctantly shook on it.

Comes back 30 mins later in tears, tells me she can’t do it -I’m a patriarchal asshole, doesn’t like being ‘judged on her body’, all her friends think she looks professional, its whats on the inside yada yada. [/quote]

30 minutes?

That was definitely a friend of hers who is a feminist/anti patriarchy woman telling her to say those things. Aren’t female friends great at sabotaging their besties job chances?

Your should have informed her that the people who are paying the salaries make the decisions, not her friends. And kicked her out.[/quote]

Yeah I presume it was due to a friend giving her comforting ‘advice’ over the phone. Also she was fairly cute with a badonkadonk and probably used to young guys bending over backwards for her.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Loolu wrote:
Why do people get so upset over covering their tattoos??? I’ve got one on my inner right bicep, and wasn’t at all surprised or offended when i had to cover it up when i was volunteering with children. [/quote]

You make a good point.

This is how it should be explained to ones like the woman Rampant Badger interviewed:

2. You get asked to cover them up because some people will see them and then be disturbed/scared by your badd ass nature.
  3. Agree and think that this all means you are really bad ass.[/quote]

Haha, I’ll remember this.

The thinking behind most of the way the females under 30 act is “I don’t really need this job anyway; daddy’s got lots of money.

Remembered another one:

30 minutes?

That was definitely a friend of hers who is a feminist/anti patriarchy woman telling her to say those things. Aren’t female friends great at sabotaging their besties job chances?

Your should have informed her that the people who are paying the salaries make the decisions, not her friends. And kicked her out.[/quote]

Yeah I presume it was due to a friend giving her comforting ‘advice’ over the phone. Also she was fairly cute with a badonkadonk and probably used to young guys bending over backwards for her.

[/quote]

Aren’t you glad you acted the way you did? You basically called her on something she wasn’t able compromise on which was an easy thing to act upon and then insulted you.

So in one fell swoop you nailed her self entitlement and character. Something her resume did not show.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Loolu wrote:

Does it say free candy in chinese?[/quote]
It is actually, that phrase in Chinese is really deep and spiritual. My tattoo artiest told me so.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Loolu wrote:

You make a good point.

If it needs explaining to people, the only thing you should tell them is the direction of the exit.

[quote]Loolu wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Loolu wrote:

You make a good point.

If it needs explaining to people, the only thing you should tell them is the direction of the exit. [/quote]

some people are just fucking stupid…

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Loolu wrote:

Does it say free candy in chinese?[/quote]

hahahahaha

Remembered another one:

30 minutes?

[/quote]

Aren’t you glad you acted the way you did? You basically called her on something she wasn’t able compromise on which was an easy thing to act upon and then insulted you.

So in one fell swoop you nailed her self entitlement and character. Something her resume did not show.
[/quote]

I was dissapointed but it was good she showed her true colors upfront, she would have been a real liability if left alone with clients.

Maybe I’m an old fart, but yeah I’m continually surprised at the level of naive self entitlement a lot of these kids seem to have.

Remembered another one:

30 minutes?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was dissapointed but it was good she showed her true colors upfront, she would have been a real liability if left alone with clients.

Maybe I’m an old fart, but yeah I’m continually surprised at the level of naive self entitlement a lot of these kids seem to have.
[/quote]

You are just an old fart. My generation is a lost cause. The President of the US in 2050 will be a transgender with face tattoos and ear gages who listens to really shitty music and worked at Hot Topic in their youth. People without tatoos and peircings will be the new ‘goth’ looking at the tatted up freakshows and wispering ‘damned conformists’ under their breath.

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:

Remembered another one:

Couldn’t she just cover it up with makeup? I’m considering a tattooed wedding band in the next few years, what’s the professional opinion of that?
[/quote]

I’m a sucker for girls crying and was actually going to suggest that as a compromise but then she started cursing me out so game over.

If you want a job in any kind of formal profession like law or finance or any decent corporation for that matter then don’t do it. If you want an 18 inch tattoo of your girls name across your belly that’s your business but leave hands and neck alone.

Remember its not just about you, you need to consider the bucket-load of ambitious clean cut Ivy league types and ridiculously hard working Asian kids all clamouring to get on the ladder. [/quote]

I’m going to be in business for myself as a chiropractor. It will be covered by a ring most of the time but whenever I don’t want to wear it, say, working outside or camping or whatnot, I’ll have the tat underneath. My dress code is whatever I want it to be. I know Derek gets by just fine with tattoos in the health industry but I can’t remember if any of his are visible.

Remembered another one:

30 minutes?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m surprised that you would consider hiring someone who cried in an interview. I can just imagine what would happen when things got stressful and tough. You save your tears for your pillow, when you’re alone :slight_smile: