Kentucky Grilled Chicken

Can you suggest a better fast food giving 30 grams (I forget the exact figure, but it’s something like that) protein per $2.49?

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Can you suggest a better fast food giving 30 grams (I forget the exact figure, but it’s something like that) protein per $2.49 or $2.59?[/quote]

Quarter pounder with cheese, take off bread?

You’ll have a lot more fat…

Now how do we determine which would be “healthier”?

It turns out the KFC Grilled Chicken breast is listed as 35 grams protein, 4 grams fat, 0 carbs, 180 calories, for the $2.49.

The Quarter Pounder with Cheese lists at 19 grams protein, 16 grams fat (1 gram is trans fat), and I would assume about 220 calories minus the bread. I don’t know the cost.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
It turns out the KFC Grilled Chicken is listed as 35 grams protein, 4 grams fat, 0 carbs, 180 calories, for the $2.49.

The Quarter Pounder with Cheese lists at 19 grams protein, 16 grams fat (1 gram is trans fat), and I would assume about 220 calories minus the bread. I don’t know the cost.[/quote]

KFC wins… that burger is pretty weak on the protein, I had no idea.

(I think the Quarter Pounder was $2.79 ish the last time I got one)

Now if KFC had “plate of fresh spinach” as another item on their menu, I could definitely hit that up!

1/4 pounder is shit quality beef. I wouldn’t eat that crap if you paid me. Give me a bucket of KFC any day of the week. Plus they usually have a taco bell so you can get a bean burrito with sour cream and a caramel apple empanada. Yeah baby!

Bill, you’re right. I don’t know why I typed that, given the cost of most fast-food items these days. Even if one has a cheat meal (my favorite is a double whopper with cheese and King Sized fries), it costs 7 to 10 bucks.

Two pieces of the KFC grilled chicken and a salad is a healthy, good-tasting meal.

And it turns out (if you want some to take home or have at least two people) it’s actually possible to get it a bit cheaper than the $2.49.

I don’t know how to instruct them to do it – they did it on their own – but there’s some way to do a 4 piece mixed box and substitute so as to have all 4 be breasts, and wind up at just over $2.00 per breast.

Thanks Bill. Did you get my PM?

I’ll check: I’m severely (weeks) behind on PM’s… :frowning:

I have to try this shit…

Dark meats getting no love on T-Nation? What up with that homies?

I guess my post was deleted nice! Well he is a dumb shit for following a “guru” blindly.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
I guess my post was deleted nice! Well he is a dumb shit for following a “guru” blindly.
[/quote]

Who’s following what guru?

I just checked El Pollo Loco and this KFC ranks right up there with them. I don’t know if you have El Pollo Loco out wherever you are.

http://www.elpolloloco.com/nutritional/results.asp