Kentucky Grilled Chicken

[quote]yardbird wrote:
Bricknyce wrote:
Well, Poliquin doesn’t like most ordinary food items that ordinary people can afford, enjoy, and have access too.

You know, like ordinary people

eat on the go sometimes
eat normal stuff like sandwiches sometimes
don’t sit at their desks or stick around other work spaces popping BCAA, fish oil, and god-knows-what-else capsules all day; nor do they think that stuff is cool to do
can’t afford thousands of dollars of supplements
find it satisfying to eat some normal carbs like brown rice, oatmeal, and pasta; not quinoa and amaranth (spelling?)
don’t visit exotic markets or shop online for venison, buffalo, and ostrich
can’t perform or recover insane workouts that involve the hogging of two to three pieces of equipment
and a whole lot of other off-the-wall shit that CAN work in athletes who are athletes for a living but not for ORDINARY people.

Whatever dude, I’ve been shipping eggs and avocados from the Dominican Republic for a couple weeks now and it’s definitely better than any AAS I could have tried. I’m as strong as a female bobsledder now. (The absolutely pinnacle of all things athletic)

[/quote]

lol you win the thread

You have to realize Poliquin consults with people who make a living doing this shit. That’s who his advice is going out to. Don’t be upset you can’t follow it, it wasn’t designed for you. You obviously can pick up a few tips here and there from his advice though.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Well, Poliquin doesn’t like most ordinary food items that ordinary people can afford, enjoy, and have access too.

eat on the go sometimes
don’t sit at their desks or stick around other work spaces popping BCAA, fish oil, and god-knows-what-else capsules all day; nor do they think that stuff is cool to do
find it satisfying to eat some normal carbs like brown rice, oatmeal, and pasta; not quinoa and amaranth (spelling?)
can’t perform or recover insane workouts that involve the hogging of two to three pieces of equipment
and a whole lot of other off-the-wall shit that CAN work in athletes who are athletes for a living but not for ORDINARY people.[/quote]

Great post, made me laff and very true

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
yardbird wrote:
Bricknyce wrote:

eat on the go sometimes
and a whole lot of other off-the-wall shit that CAN work in athletes who are athletes for a living but not for ORDINARY people.

Whatever dude, I’ve been shipping eggs and avocados from the Dominican Republic for a couple weeks now and it’s definitely better than any AAS I could have tried. I’m as strong as a female bobsledder now. (The absolutely pinnacle of all things athletic)

lol you win the thread

You have to realize Poliquin consults with people who make a living doing this shit. That’s who his advice is going out to. Don’t be upset you can’t follow it, it wasn’t designed for you. You obviously can pick up a few tips here and there from his advice though.[/quote]

I realized 9 years ago that Poliquin works with athletes when I picked up a copy of the Poliquin Principles; couple that with reading his articles on here ever since; I know a bit about him.

I’m not upset, because I like my life easy in the nutrition department. I like cracking cans of tuna, beans, chicken, and salmon open; boiling potatoes, rice, and oatmeal; and getting my fish oil from fatty fishes like canned sardines or a salmon steak.

I have no aspirations of quitting my job, receiving nutrients via IV (ie: "chelation therapy, Vit C therapy), and driving myself absolutely fucking nuts with a stop watch and three pieces of equipment at a time COUPLED with counting the positive and negative tempos of a rep.

All this doesn’t sound fun to me.

I said it before and I’ll say it again: Poliquin is a VERY bright guy, works VERY hard, is VERY prolific, and LOVES what he does! I have nothing but respect for that sort of shit. And the bottom line is that he improves others while doing all this. I’e learned quite a few things from him.

Here’s where I have a complaint with his writings though and some of the other more cerebral, unrealistic advice given on MAINSTREAM (that is, not for athletic populations) websites. Because of the unrealistic and sophisticated advice, we now have ORDINARY guys with ORDINARY lives that will NEVER compete in any sport or earn a living with fitness endeavors fretting about the most tiny minutia of training!

There are guys that:

try to experiment with fancy nutrition strategies like carb-cycling who weigh a buck-seventy at 5’10
are upset that at age 15 to 17, they have to share a fridge with their mommy, daddy, and sister
or basically stress themslves the fuck out over things that shouldn’t be stressed over by ordinary dudes!

Men should be able to fuck a chic until 4 AM - perhaps a bit drunk - without having to worry that their circadian rhythyms will be fucked up until Tuesday!

Me, I’m not worrying about my oatmeal intake, microwaves, occasional greasy trans-fat laden fries, mercury in tuna, locally grown fruits, or exotic meat like crocodile!

If you have a life that involves only you and your body, enough income, or whatever else ideal situation, then follow Poliquin.

Me, I’m following the way of mere mortals: eat good, lift, make some adjustments, shop at Waldbaum’s, have a cheat meal here and there, and moving the fuck on with life!

Have fun, guys!

You can have chicken fried in the lipo-sucked lard of FFFBs (formal fatty female bobsledders), but only if they were Olympic hopefuls who trained in Canada under Poliquin.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
Bricknyce wrote:
Men should be able to fuck a chic until 4 AM - perhaps a bit drunk - without having to worry that their circadian rhythyms will be fucked up until Tuesday!

Me, I’m not worrying about my oatmeal intake, microwaves, occasional greasy trans-fat laden fries, mercury in tuna, locally grown fruits, or exotic meat like crocodile!

If you have a life that involves only you and your body, enough income, or whatever else ideal situation, then follow Poliquin.

Me, I’m following the way of mere mortals: eat good, lift, make some adjustments, shop at Waldbaum’s, have a cheat meal here and there, and moving the fuck on with life!

Have fun, guys!

How come when I say stuff like this, the response is more like “ZOMG u fag Poliquin is teh best!!1 U r just a skinny-fat lozer who cant even skwat 225 lbs lololol!!”

Poliquin is off his rocker and out of touch with 99.9% of the populace. Not to mention his Biosig crap continues to take peoples hard earned money for what amounts to voodoo.[/quote]

Lol, I’ve seen this happen numerous times to you JMoUCF87.

I saw the commercial today and I have to say I’m fucking excited. I’ve never had a good piece of grilled chicken at a fast food restaurant (I guess they don’t expect you to hold the bun and the mayo). Maybe I can eat at KFC and not have diarrhea!

It doesn’t come with a bun and mayo.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
It doesn’t come with a bun and mayo. [/quote]

Thanks, genius.

He’s implying that when he orders a grilled chicken sandwich, the fast food restaurant expects him to eat it with bread and mayo, which both make the shitty chicken taste good. When he ask them to ‘hold the bun and mayo,’ all he is left with is shitty chicken.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
Bricknyce wrote:

Thanks, genius.

He’s implying that when he orders a grilled chicken sandwich, the fast food restaurant expects him to eat it with bread and mayo, which both make the shitty chicken taste good. When he ask them to ‘hold the bun and mayo,’ all he is left with is shitty chicken.
[/quote]

You’re welcome.

You make a lot of sense.

Man, I was excited when I saw the commercial so I stopped by on Monday to pick up my free sample. I actually wasn’t impressed at all. I’m not much for having a bone in my grilled chicken so if you like that kind of chicken you might like it. Mine had a lot of gristle on it as well. I was pretty disappointed because I had some high hopes for a decent, quick fast-food choice if I’m ever in a bind.

I guess when I was thinking of grilled chicken, I was thinking more along the lines of boneless, skinless.

Lee Priest swears by KFC…

Now I’m friggin’ starving after reading this thread…

LOL

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
Bricknyce wrote:

Have fun, guys!

How come when I say stuff like this, the response is more like “ZOMG u fag Poliquin is teh best!!1 U r just a skinny-fat lozer who cant even skwat 225 lbs lololol!!”

Poliquin is off his rocker and out of touch with 99.9% of the populace. Not to mention his Biosig crap continues to take peoples hard earned money for what amounts to voodoo.[/quote]

An example of unrealistic suggestions is in his most recent Question of Strength column; some ordinary Joe Blow asks how to get a jacked back and Poliquin gives him a routine that is unrealistic for most men. If you train lats three days in a row, where do you have room throughout the week for other bodyparts. Now the guy has to go to the gym three more times to cover his whole body, making it a 6-day program.

I know several powerlifters who have blasted the shit out of their lats and upper back (up to 4 to 5 times per week with varying rep schemes). This strategy DOES work; so it’s not like what CP is recommending is ridiculous. But is this going to work with Joe Blow who just wants some more back size? It’s impractical, in my and others’ opinions.

But again, he does provide useful information too. The rest of the column was a great read for most, even though I’m already informed on what he spoke of.

I just want to see his female athlete that has thighs bigger than Tom Platz’s in his peak.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I just want to see his female athlete that has thighs bigger than Tom Platz’s in his peak. [/quote]

That’s another problem I have with the guy: he lies out of his ass! “Eating eggs in Cuba is better than steroids!” “Vit. B12 injections put on 50 lbs of muslce in 12 weeks” blah blah blah

Call it hyperbole or whatever you want, he straight up feeds us lies and expects us to go along with it.

No thank you.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
Bricknyce wrote:

Thanks, genius.

[/quote]

Hahahahahaha. Thanks for clearing up my apparently confusing post.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I was doing some errands today by foot and happened to have coupon for a free piece of the Kentucky Grilled Chicken item. So I stopped into a KFC joint because it was on the route.

I was expecting to get some dried-up, crappy, REAL chicken or what I call “rubber chicken”; you know, that stuff they call chicken but is actually part chicken mixed together with oils, soy protein, TVP, sugar, egg whites, lecithin, and god-knows-what-else.

Instead I got a pretty good item. It’s not boneless; there’s a few bones in each piece; it has some skin is greasy. But it was spicy and tasted fucking awesome. I like how the bones are soft; I actually like the taste of bone marrow. (Extra calcium doesn’t hurt either.)

A few pieces of this and a salad would be a good meal for a protein-and-fat meal (if you’re into that sort of thing) or high-fat, ketogenic diet. [/quote]

Did someone say bone marrow ?

I’m going to play the cynic and guess that having amazing samples was part of the promotional strategy. To those that consume this item again, I hope you find it just as enjoyable.

It’s not home cooked BBQ chicken by any means, but it’s good. They put it on the buffet here, and I go in on my heavy days.

[quote]butcherman7 wrote:
Bricknyce wrote:
I was doing some errands today by foot and happened to have coupon for a free piece of the Kentucky Grilled Chicken item. So I stopped into a KFC joint because it was on the route.

I was expecting to get some dried-up, crappy, REAL chicken or what I call “rubber chicken”; you know, that stuff they call chicken but is actually part chicken mixed together with oils, soy protein, TVP, sugar, egg whites, lecithin, and god-knows-what-else.

Instead I got a pretty good item. It’s not boneless; there’s a few bones in each piece; it has some skin is greasy. But it was spicy and tasted fucking awesome. I like how the bones are soft; I actually like the taste of bone marrow. (Extra calcium doesn’t hurt either.)

A few pieces of this and a salad would be a good meal for a protein-and-fat meal (if you’re into that sort of thing) or high-fat, ketogenic diet.

Did someone say bone marrow ?[/quote]

Butcherman, my fellow butcher.

Yup.

Btw, it turns out you can order the breasts by themselves, for, I think, $2.49 each. Or maybe it was $2.59.

I only had two free samples so far. $2.49 for each is a rip-off, considering how small they are.